test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My disadvantages of playing Neverwinter

1. Monetization and payments: Like many other MMORPGs, Neverwinter has an in-game currency and a store where you can purchase various items, gear, and upgrades with real money. Some players feel that the game is too focused on incentivizing payments and sometimes gives an advantage to those who are willing to invest money.

2- Limited content: Some reviews note that Neverwinter can feel a bit limited in terms of content, especially for experienced players. Despite regular updates, some gamers may quickly run out of available quests and activities.

3- Balance and Optimization: As with many MMORPGs, balancing between different character classes and play styles can be a challenge. Some players have noted that certain classes can be too strong or too weak at different times, which can affect the balance in multiplayer battles. I bought the game from difmark.com by the way

However, it's worth remembering that the perception of disadvantages can vary from player to player, and what someone considers a disadvantage, another player may perceive as part of the game's features.

Comments

• Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Neverwinter can be entirely free to play if the player has a goodly amount of patience
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    There is always something to do in Neverwinter if you look. Do shard and influence quests for your guild. Do things like Dread Ring and other older stuff to acquire stuff to sell use. Work on professions. Gather materials. Do PUGS and help out others. Create alts and build them up. It's very rewarding. If one gets out of the "me me me stronger stronger stronger" frame of mind there is always something to do.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    There is always something to do if one bothers to look.

Why didn't you just download the game from Cryptic for free?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited September 2023

1. Monetization and payments: Like many other MMORPGs, Neverwinter has an in-game currency and a store where you can purchase various items, gear, and upgrades with real money. Some players feel that the game is too focused on incentivizing payments and sometimes gives an advantage to those who are willing to invest money.

Money alone does not give that much of advantage as you think. Money may give you better QoL, may speed you up. However, you still need to do your grind to be end game. I consider money gives one some advantage but unless one has unlimited amount of money to throw away continuously, it is not that much of advantage. I agree that many do not have the patient to wait and grind. This game is not really for 'now now now' players.

2- Limited content: Some reviews note that Neverwinter can feel a bit limited in terms of content, especially for experienced players. Despite regular updates, some gamers may quickly run out of available quests and activities.

For new player, there are a lot of thing to do and learn. For veterans, yes, the new content can be finished fast.

3- Balance and Optimization: As with many MMORPGs, balancing between different character classes and play styles can be a challenge. Some players have noted that certain classes can be too strong or too weak at different times, which can affect the balance in multiplayer battles. I bought the game from difmark.com by the way

Play all classes. Then, you don't really care which one is better and which one is not.

The real disadvantage of new player is 'time'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Hmm people... It's a bot. It's a generic/automated post made to promote some site or link, in this case difm***.com
    You can also check the other comment by that account, which relied on a generic MMO usage of the word "mod" but in incorrect context in that case, typical of an automated post.