test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why the recent shadow nerf on Mirage weapons and that too only targeting certain classes?

scar#9019 scar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Whats up with the devs constantly nerfing stuff from old content which is still actually still viable and usable? Mirage is one of the few good sets which newer players can obtain with certain amounts of grinding. You know the thing which brings and keeps people in river district. But I guess everyone now has to wait till 50k ilvl to actually get any viable weapon set. Or I guess it's specifically because Mirage was still competing with Stormforged that it got nerfed. And not for all classes either. Rogues and Wizards got hit. Rangers didnt recieve any changes whatsoever. And yet there's stuff like the Vistani set debuff stacking multiple times with Mirage clones for Warlocks and Wizards still didnt get fixed. So many imbalances, bugs. glitches. exploits for certain classes which make them way overpowered than they should be.

From now on I am gonna start suggesting the stronghold set for newer players. So, thanks I guess for creating more action in my alliance while we host more Dragonflights. But guess what, if Cryptic devs can't make their newer shinier things better than the older reliable sets, they will just nerf the older sets. At least, that's the path you people have been walking.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    They have been doing that for years. This is the nth times.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    johan#2274 johan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    ))
    Post edited by johan#2274 on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2023

I understand your frustration with the perceived imbalance and constant nerfing of certain sets and content in the game. Balancing gameplay and addressing issues can be a complex task for developers, as they strive to create an enjoyable and fair experience for all players. Changes to older sets and content may be made to ensure that the game remains balanced and to encourage players to engage with newer content or sets.

It's important to remember that game development is an ongoing process, and developers often rely on player feedback, data analysis, and internal testing to make adjustments and improvements. While some changes may not always meet the expectations or preferences of all players, the intention is usually to enhance the overall gameplay experience.

So, you are testing chatGPT response of this old thread as I suspected.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wddwxywddwxy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    scar#9019 said:

Whats up with the devs constantly nerfing stuff from old content which is still actually still viable and usable? Mirage is one of the few good sets which newer players can obtain with certain amounts of grinding. You know the thing which brings and keeps people in river district. But I guess everyone now has to wait till 50k ilvl to actually get any viable weapon set. Or I guess it's specifically because Mirage was still competing with Stormforged that it got nerfed. And not for all classes either. Rogues and Wizards got hit. Rangers didnt recieve any changes whatsoever. And yet there's stuff like the Vistani set debuff stacking multiple times with Mirage clones for Warlocks and Wizards still didnt get fixed. So many imbalances, bugs. glitches. exploits for certain classes which make them way overpowered than they should be.

From now on I am gonna start suggesting the stronghold set for newer players. So, thanks I guess for creating more action in my alliance while we host more Dragonflights. But guess what, if Cryptic devs can't make their newer shinier things better than the older reliable sets, they will just nerf the older sets. At least, that's the path you people have been walking.

Why should weapons that you can farm with a moderate level of grinding on a fresh level 20 be significantly stronger than weapons that take potentially dozens of runs, like the Gzemnid or Lolth weapons. Mirage weapons still do roughly 10-20% more damage than any other weapon sets on certain classes...