test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disconnect from server

akkisenpaiakkisenpai Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Hello everyone
I have and issue where during dungeons i get "disconnect from server" and after trying login again get problem because have problem to connect again in first try "Time out connection with server" (or something similar).
Running via ARC or Steam is doesn't matter. I have good internet without problems plying another games or surfing on internet.
It's annoying especially when running master content where i going as tank. Middle battle with boss and i get disconnect and have problem to connect again. Using wi-fi, changed and trying many configuration with "signal power" etc. nothing help. Still have that random disconnect and "server connection time out" problem.
Anyone here have or had maybe similar problem ? How i can try to repair that ?

Answers

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,134 Arc User
    Run a traceroute and find where communication takes longest.

Reboot your router.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • akkisenpaiakkisenpai Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I already restarted router. Now i'am during reinstall game.
    Here is screen when get dc and trying reconnect:

Run the traceroute.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
    2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms
    3 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    4 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 112 ms 110 ms 111 ms PERFECT-WOR.bear2.Boston1.Level3.net [
    7 114 ms 111 ms 110 ms
    8 109 ms 108 ms 108 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Also i reinstall game yestarday, atm doesn't had any dc. But problem mostly occur on MDWP.
    Rest of content i can play easly, randoms or even MTOS without any dc. Only on MDWP have problem:/
    Also i open ports on router 7000-7500 ( i find some info in internet about that)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    edited August 2023

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
    2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms
    3 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    4 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 112 ms 110 ms 111 ms PERFECT-WOR.bear2.Boston1.Level3.net [
    7 114 ms 111 ms 110 ms
    8 109 ms 108 ms 108 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Also i reinstall game yestarday, atm doesn't had any dc. But problem mostly occur on MDWP.
    Rest of content i can play easly, randoms or even MTOS without any dc. Only on MDWP have problem:/
    Also i open ports on router 7000-7500 ( i find some info in internet about that)</p>

Your MDWP issue is not directly related to "Account server connection cannot be started" issue.
    When that happens, run the tracert to check. tracert is useful to check when you have problem.

Using the traceroute info you provided, the round trip time of last 3 hops was similar, the overall slowness starting from (6) level3.net in Boston (nothing to do with Cryptic ISP) or may be the unidentified (5). If that is your 'normal' speed to the server, it is not hard to imagine what it could be when (5) and (6) are in busy traffic hours.

The following is my traceroute.

11 38 ms 38 ms 48 ms 38.140.157.34
    12 49 ms 43 ms 44 ms 198.49.243.237
    13 39 ms 38 ms 39 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Although it took 13 hops to the server (I don't live in US), the round trip time was shorter.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2023
    I'am from EU so if servers are in US then it's not suprising that I have problems when a lot of people are in game :/
    Atm after reinstall everything looks ok, not even one disconnect :)
    Next time, just Force Verify from the launcher. Easier and faster than a fresh install.