test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did the dungeons just get harder today with the latest patching?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
I did not finish one today, went to demagorgon first only me and one other player, after five minutes I left, tiamat went through three different reinforcement groups and all left, and it really seemed harder to me and it had gotten easier-way easier. The infernal citadel same thing went through 3 or 4 reinforcement groups until I just left myself. I realize groups make a difference but I think someone made them harder for whatever reason. I cant believe I didn't finish one. If I play again today I am just going to do the reapers challenge, no one quits those usually, but I did not blame the people who quit today they were just stupid hard.

Comments

• Options
    ironk93ironk93 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Just a guess, but the fact that they just allowed progress to start up on the Second Chapter of the Battle Pass might have something to do with this. Many players that were only jumping into Random Trial Queues and Random Advanced Dungeon Queues to progress their Battle Pass, that were sitting out on them when they finished progress on the First Chapter. With the influx of players actively pushing through the Battle Pass, the overall pool of players jumping into RTQs and RADQs might on average be trying to hit above their weight. This isn’t to speak ill of the players pursuing the Battle Pass, just suggesting that these Queues might take a more hands-on approach, to guide them to success. So, expect to need to lay out the appropriate strategies for lots of the Phases/Bosses in these Queues for a few weeks.

On another note, it might be more reasonable to expect RDQs and RSQs to be the likely candidates for best success rates, without much hands-on strategy sessions in Group Text/Voice Chat. If you’re just trying to grind through AD, with minimal effort, you’ll probably want to switch to these Queues, and just run a few more RDQs to mop up the Daily 100k. That said, you might still run into the Regular versions of Temple of the Spider and/or Demon Web Pits. Those two might still require more hands-on stuff, but you also have a good shot at not getting either of those Dungeons. Same issue with Illusionist’s Gambit and/or Manycoins Bank Heist on the Skirmishes (although, Manycoins was reworked to be less likely to fail, so might just be IG). Again, good shot at landing on neither one, since there are so many Skirmishes in the list.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    you don't have to do a RTQ for battlepass, u can do a random skirmish.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    have not had any problems in RTQ but then again the last few times that I have done RTQ it was with premade groups with the majority of players seemingly coming from one specific alliance or another.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

I did not finish one today, went to demagorgon first only me and one other player, after five minutes I left, tiamat went through three different reinforcement groups and all left, and it really seemed harder to me and it had gotten easier-way easier. The infernal citadel same thing went through 3 or 4 reinforcement groups until I just left myself. I realize groups make a difference but I think someone made them harder for whatever reason. I cant believe I didn't finish one. If I play again today I am just going to do the reapers challenge, no one quits those usually, but I did not blame the people who quit today they were just stupid hard.

Interesting. occasionally I notice that things seem "harder" than the day before. I check my comps, mount equipment etc and theres no change to any of that. BUT it just *seems* harder.

I logged into Menzo for example yesterday and got absolutely mirked on my barbie a few times. Even relatively easy to clear mob groups just seemed better organized, had more hit points and dealt more damage. I put it down to random rolling, some days the mobs just cant stop rolling a 20 on d20! [Maybe?]

Its unexplainable and only occasional. But yeah I have witnessed this phenomena.

BUT as others have said, its most likely just a bunch of inexperienced or badly equipped toons if its a dungeon experience
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    You guys must be right or they toned it down, I have finished through on all the ones I didn't that day, infernal citadel, demogorgon, tiamat, but they sure seem easier then they were right after the last patch. TY for answering!