test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG IN MANTICORE ABYSSAL TEAR

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
This has happened over and over with the manticore. I get shoved by him to where I came in from and he can still do damage to me but I can't do any damage to him. And this is after I applied every buff I can think of so its not just annoying and a waste of time but its costly. Fix it or pay me back for what I have wasted on a bugged abyssal. Or better yet do both. There really seem to be more bugs then there use too since, Menzoberanzan, and Narbondellyn started up. This one has happened 4 times, every time but the first time I played it.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    That has not happened to me yet (I play 9 characters and all of them faced it many times by now). However, since you know the situation, can you just avoid the situation by not putting yourself close to the entrance?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I do try and do that but he just disappears and somehow I get pushed out when he reappears. Are one of your characters a wizard thatamat =the one that is not an arcanist and what is your best companion for them if I may ask?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    jana#2651 said:

I do try and do that but he just disappears and somehow I get pushed out when he reappears. Are one of your characters a wizard thatamat =the one that is not an arcanist and what is your best companion for them if I may ask?

Disappeared? I never see it disappeared. What is your depth of field? Can you see the whole 'arena'? Does it jump and you can't see it? He does jump a little (but not that high) and push you. If you can't see it, it may imply you depth of view is too close, Use the wheel of your mouse, scroll backward, to zoom out. I wonder if most of your problems is caused by your limited vision of the field. Can you post the picture of your whole screen (even standing in PE is fine)?

I play a thaumaturge wizard. The companion is a Windsoul Genasi but she and the wizard class have nothing to do with your situation. I don't consider she is the 'best' or anything.

This is the arena I see.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I find the Manticore kind of annoying he does frequent attacks and seems faster than the others. I play on Thauma too and just kite around him, not getting too far away from him and just go around in circles jumping out of the red. It's not too much trouble. The red zones he puts out are cones, right? Well they are narrower close to him than they are far away. This means that the further away you are from him, the further you have to move to jump out of the red and more likely it is to get caught in it and get hurt. If you stay relatively close to him and to the side and just keep kiting around him in circles, the distance you need to get out of the red is not nearly as bad.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The front attack has a big red zone and gives enough time to get away.
    The tail attack also has a red zone. It attacks that direction (even without any enemy) for a while and it is the prime time to hit it without interruption.
    The jump and push attack has no red zone but you can see it is coming by watching its action.
    I consider Thauma wizard is an easy class of all classes to deal with Manticore.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    Thanks guys that is some good advice on how to win against it that I didn't know, that will really help. I didn't think my wizard was the problem plasticbat-just curious about what companion you use. The greenscale bowman and the death shard seems to get stuck in my way and I hadn't found a really good one, but got the Zhentarian warlock now and she seems good. I will try scrolling out, but it is just weird the way that thing pushes me out. And then it damages me and I cant hit back.