test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Uncap Strong Hold Donations for Guild Marks

krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
Problem: For a long time, most players have not been able to make donations to Strong Hold coffers due to resources being capped. This devalues the drops provided by lockboxes, events like siege, the ability to craft donatable items, and the incentive to run many/most of the strong hold quests. This restricts the collection of guildmarks, reduces the easy of crafting in the game, and the use of stronghold stores. A simple change to the stronghold caps could remove these barriers, and increase the use of the stronghold systems already in place.

Solution: Uncap Stronghold donations. I propose two ways to do this. The most simple is to remove the storage caps on all level 20 guildhalls. This provides the additional incentive to upgrade to L20, in addition to boons. This would make constructing warehouses along the way still viable. The second option is to keep the currency caps, but still allow donations, giving players guildmarks for the donations, but not increasing the strong hold reserves.

Please serious consider the above. This has been a long standing issue in Neverwinter, and there are several simple solutions, as proposed above.

Thank you,
Talia (@krevg)

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I believe it would be intentional in order to encourage alliances to take-in newer guilds who need the help ranking-up.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    I suppose you could say that alliances were introduced as a work around when single guilds stuffed their coffers so full they hit the limit. Now the problem has been postponed until an entire alliance has done the same... imagine the giant scrap heap of surplus equipment round the back of every stronghold!

Maybe we need some recycling scheme... perhaps like tending the mine/lumberyard/etc, where resources can be taken from the coffer and go somewhere else. (Maybe that's where the profession vendor gets her infinite supplies?) The reward could just be space in the coffer. So... a button people can press that makes a small amount of space each day.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Another option is that we could donate even if the coffer is full for half (50%) of the guild marks we would obtain normally
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,231 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    The coffer of my guild has been capped for years. Hence, the donation goes to alliance's coffers. Fortunately, I have been able to spend them all. If I could donate to my own guild, I would never bother to help other guild (because searching the open coffer takes time). There have been various "user defined" ways to overcome the cap issues. Not perfect but there are ways.

I personally prefer to have new incentive to help other guild such as getting extra guild mark (such as 10% extra) if it is donated to other guilds.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Another current option is to have the guild leader call up temporary vendors around the back of the guild hall every week.
    Or...
    If your alliance has no newer guilds, all are at level 20, then make a 'mega' alliance with a private chat channel and all those level 20 guilds start their own 'sub' alliances and invite lower level guilds to help them level up and the pyramid keeps growing.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    What I've wanted for years is a way for guilds to 'convert' one guild currency to another. If someone in the alliance needs adventure shards, being able to convert gems or surplus or professions donations to shards at a steep discount would help. It takes years to get an alliance guild to 20, especially if they only have a few active members. Good people, just not many of them. We've been promised guild system revamp for years, and every year, we get ignored. I understand they'd have to redo the entire thing, but there's thousands of players in the system, we need it done. And when they do, open up the ability to build ALL the boons. If someone wants to have their characters not be cookie cutter, let them do so, if the guild is willing to put in the wok to get a boon structure to level 10. Hell, by now, guilds themselves should be rank 25, at maximum.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User

I personally prefer to have new incentive to help other guild such as getting extra guild mark (such as 10% extra) if it is donated to other guilds.

Hmm... I often thought you should get more for donating something that a guild needs for their next upgrade, rather than something they just have space for. And while I'm here... a small reward for tending the structures might be nice!

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    You get what you get. Doesn't matter if it is needed or just has room for it. My thoughts are that alliances were never meant to be all level 20 guilds. You get your stronghold done, you break off and draw in newer guilds to help them build. But every time they make changes the playerbase shrinks.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mintmark said:

Hmm... I often thought you should get more for donating something that a guild needs for their next upgrade, rather than something they just have space for. And while I'm here... a small reward for tending the structures might be nice!

Well, it can be that way too. Yours is a better tuning. My idea was just to give incentive to help other guild. How to help and how to provide incentive can all be adjusted. I only gave an example (I did say 'such as').
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

Another option is that we could donate even if the coffer is full for half (50%) of the guild marks we would obtain normally

Think something like this would be great. Whatever the original intention was, it's not working. Partly because the system as often wasn't properly maintained. Active guilds, alliances, and their leaders have secondary guilds you can invite toons into for donations. Or you go through the hassle of creating and deleting fresh guilds and donate your stuff there. Or you have a personal account guild, maybe even multiple. Either way, there are ways around coffer caps which makes me think the game should offer its own workaround.

• Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Thank you for your suggestion!
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    percemer said:

@percemer I hate to have to mention it again, but we really need an urgent fix for the bug that won't let people donate due to coffer caps. Let guild delete coffer space, uncap coffers, add a donation vendor not tied to coffers, whatever it takes. Vouchers and donations are currently bugged in that they cannot be used by many people. The current donation system is flat out broken and these stronghold events like the current one make it even more frustrating when we can't use them. Please, do something to fix this, even if it's making a vendor to exchange donations for guildmarks with no benefit to the coffers. There are numerous fixes that could be implemented quickly.

Thank you.

• Options
    krevg said:

percemer said:

@percemer I hate to have to mention it again, but we really need an urgent fix for the bug that won't let people donate due to coffer caps. Let guild delete coffer space, uncap coffers, add a donation vendor not tied to coffers, whatever it takes. Vouchers and donations are currently bugged in that they cannot be used by many people. The current donation system is flat out broken and these stronghold events like the current one make it even more frustrating when we can't use them. Please, do something to fix this, even if it's making a vendor to exchange donations for guildmarks with no benefit to the coffers. There are numerous fixes that could be implemented quickly.

Thank you.

Don't count on them. They already said they won't touch stronghold for a while. Do something 'creative' to help yourself instead of 'wishing'. Even if they 'do' it, most likely it will not be in the form you like.

One common way is to rotate a 'donation' guild in the alliance.
  • Options
    @plasticbat I'm in a very large and always full guild and a very active alliance. Both our main guild and alliance, and our "donation" guild and alliance are almost always capped. There is nothing that really can be done about it from that standpoint. As soon as something is cleared, it gets filled almost immediately. From a programing standpoint, this is a rather easy fix, and doesn't require overhauling strongholds. Even with new "donation guilds" you will almost always be capped on gems, surplus equipment and supplies. This is a broken system. Instead of telling people to get creative and spend even more time to try to get around a super busted system, it would be much better if everyone joined in in asking them to fix it and offering suggestions on how to fix it.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    You can always tear something down to build it up again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Greywind what an awful idea, I don't think its even possible fortunately. Having all the alliances like we have is a good solution for room to donate.
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

Greywind what an awful idea, I don't think its even possible fortunately. Having all the alliances like we have is a good solution for room to donate.

His comment refers to tearing down building from "donation" guild which usually is a dummy guild for donation only.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    You can also always create guilds at zero cost to dump resources into. It's a bit of invite management during Stronghold Week, but I have five personal guilds between level 7 and level 13. Between those and secondary alliance guilds I always find coffers to fill.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I wish we had some sort of "grab bag" mechanic where we could donate items that people could claim. Like if I put in a mount that the first person who donated XX influence could claim, or something like that. I'm sitting on hundreds of spare companions and/or mounts that I could donate.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1 said:

I wish we had some sort of "grab bag" mechanic where we could donate items that people could claim. Like if I put in a mount that the first person who donated XX influence could claim, or something like that. I'm sitting on hundreds of spare companions and/or mounts that I could donate.

You can always do that by setting up a contest in your guild/alliance. My alliance did that last year (or may be earlier this year).
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 481 Arc User
    The legit alliance ( NWLC guild etc ) was doing that a few years ago . @damnacious could explain how very successful it was .
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    If excess donations are simply/primarily for guild marks, there are a number of guilds that could use them... and that "stronghold system" is already in place...

Resource management is an inherent part of growing a guild. Taking a few moments to join/create another guild, donate resources and join back is a relatively small amount of effort to achieve the objective. Wanting to get the devs involved with making resource dumping even easier is arguably asking for trouble because when they get involved the player base often enough tends to pay the price.

What does Cryptic stand to gain from such changes? When Cryptic doesn't stand to profit they tend to ignore suggestions or implement them in a way where they will/can profit...

If there was an AD/ZEN cost to temporarily allow donating capped resources and or to reduce a particular resource by an amount, it may be worth it for Cryptic to develop such a system. Outside of that, personally don't see them caring enough about what players do with excess resources.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen