test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demonweb Pits General Feedback thread

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

There is nowhere to put feedback on the new Demonweb Pits mod, the other thread for bug reporting prohibits it, so here's a thread to put it instead.

I'll start... to me it's depressing. I don't really want to be there. I think it's the soundtrack they've used. The description in the journal of Narbondellyn District says it's full of 'luxury shops and pleasure houses' which makes it sound like an exciting bustling metropolis, but it's every bit as mental-institution-like as the previous areas are. The re-scaled mushrooms from the OG Sharandar are a nice touch though, reminds me of happier days.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It's Dark Elves, that's kinda their style.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Hmm

Fairly dull quests, fairly dull location, some mob groups hit HARD and with 6 or even 7 mobs in a group it can get tough.

its also quite densely packed with mobs in some areas and you can end up fighting 2 mob groups at once which is kinda lethal.

More reliance on running or being in a train... thats a bit tedious AGAIN zerging around a map like its your day job.

The Abyssal Hunts could be fun... possibly. I have only done a few.

So far I am learnign what to do, when to do it and when is best time of day to catch the train.

ONE comment/question - do we HAVE to solo the first Abyssal hunt or can we party up to do it?

I have soloed on 2 toons so far, but it was quite painful and used up a few health stones.

So far, maybe a 6/10 for content and enjoyment. [But it is early days]

INTERESTINGLY in UK prime time only 20 instances open, 400 players[ish] with the last mod it was almost double that number in UK prime time in the first week.
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User

ONE comment/question - do we HAVE to solo the first Abyssal hunt or can we party up to do it?

I have soloed on 2 toons so far, but it was quite painful and used up a few health stones.

You can party up for it. I've helped a guild member to complete it on a paladin. I had already completed the quest and it worked fine.
  • Options
    alistairetheblu#7442 alistairetheblu Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Just bought the marilith set only to find out the first upgrade on the artifact uses an item that requires completion of the previous mod??? That's nonsense. Please either add a way to get "beholder eye stalks" in the current mod or change the item needed to upgrade.

Also as an fyi to anyone thinking of buying this set, to not do that if you don't have Mod 25 completed.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I generally do the hunts solo and have not really had an issue with any of the hunts.

For regular and BHE hunts, when using DPS, I use the rotating chaos and resilience. for my Main (healer) and paladin just the rotating chaos and hindered recovery. for BHE I usually use rotating chaos, resilience and whatever 3rd one the toon has unless it is the T-rex in which case I drop the rotating chaos.

for me when doing the hunts solo the most difficult is the T-Rex one as all toons need the Soul Shield Combat Enchantment for that one because of its ability to one shot any of my toons. I advise using an active companion for this one as my healer types and the Blaspheme Assassin seem to keep its attention for long periods of time or at least it has worked that way for me every time.

The manticore one was the next most difficult at first but then I rediscovered the Waters of Elah’zad artifact on all my non-healer toons and then the poison attack that was putting them all at the campfire became a non-issue. used to rarely make it through that one without getting poisoned at least once. None of the other hunts has poison that causes that much damage per tic over time.

Other players have stated that the neolithid (the giant worm that squirts the green stuff in the air and you have to move to avoid the purple tentacles) and now that I can better handle the manticore poison attack more effectively I suppose it is.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    For me the biggest issue is that it's TEN WEEKS LONG. Sheesh. I just ran 19 alts through Northdark and Menzo and I'm totally burned out. I've started my main on this campaign and...I just don't want to do it. I even bought the pack to knock two weeks off and I'm still feeling totally burned out. Can we have some sanity on campaign length please???
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This mod is as boring as everything since mod 16, to much formula and not enough imagination. Dungeon and trials are made for those that have great finger to eye coordination, that leaves out a lot of us older players. There is nothing for those who are thinkers and problem solvers. The current grinds are not rewarding enough, instead of feeling a since of accomplishment it is thank god this is over. Every mod is this way and I am bored to tears.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Just bought the marilith set only to find out the first upgrade on the artifact uses an item that requires completion of the previous mod??? That's nonsense. Please either add a way to get "beholder eye stalks" in the current mod or change the item needed to upgrade.

Also as an fyi to anyone thinking of buying this set, to not do that if you don't have Mod 25 completed.

You realize that this mod is not entirely new story line, area and etc?? It's a continuation of previous expansion. So naturally portion of previous expansions stuffs being used here too..

So all stuffs desing and used with this expansions is with the mind that players completed content from previous expansion.

If this would be totaly new sotry arc, completly new area and etc.. Then I would understand your dissapointment.. But here I want to say that, in some of my previous played games, you would be locked away from such expansion untill you complete previous story arc and unlocked this area.. Now players get here, then get back to previous places.. It's a mess.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    meanrage1 said:

This mod is as boring as everything since mod 16, to much formula and not enough imagination. Dungeon and trials are made for those that have great finger to eye coordination, that leaves out a lot of us older players. There is nothing for those who are thinkers and problem solvers. The current grinds are not rewarding enough, instead of feeling a since of accomplishment it is thank god this is over. Every mod is this way and I am bored to tears.

Maybe the module is boring for a veteran gamer like you. But for me it's a module that I call a bonus, a module in which a novice player can farm a lot and earn a lot of ad and equip himself, maybe even get close to the vanguard if he's smart.

About the dungeon it seems to be very easy compared to mToS for example (I only completed the normal and advanced versions and some first boss of the master to farm). The enemies' powers have to evolve since we also evolve and there is a possibility of varying strategies.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    meanrage1 said:

I am sorry. This game has not needed any thinking since at least mod 3 if not right from the beginning. It is always about great finger to eye coordination. If anything, it needs less great finger to eye coordination than before because the game is much more forgiven than before. It has nothing to do with old players or not. I am an old players (both for how long I have played this game and age). This game is close to zero regarding thinking and problem solving. If there is, it would be too simple to talk about or someone already gave you the answer before you need to figure it out.

The only material thinking of this game is about personal planning (optional) to figure out how to complete tasks fast and efficient.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Very underwhelming. I like the hunts, I like that the new dungeon has multiple skill levels, but the quests are uninspired and painfully boring and the map is a bit of a mess. I don't mind the long campaign time, just wish it was interesting in any way. The IL creep is out of hand and there is little to no sense of accomplishment. I no longer feel like I am missing anything when I take breaks from playing.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

Very underwhelming. I like the hunts, I like that the new dungeon has multiple skill levels, but the quests are uninspired and painfully boring and the map is a bit of a mess. I don't mind the long campaign time, just wish it was interesting in any way. The IL creep is out of hand and there is little to no sense of accomplishment. I no longer feel like I am missing anything when I take breaks from playing.

I think they really risk alienating players by limiting who can do which area, they already have scaling for all area's yet scaling up doesn't work quite as well. It also limits players who can be reasonably effective in the new 60k area.

Sure they allow the first few weeks you to start the area regardless of item level, yet that really turns out to be a disappointment for most. Only when they find their item level is 20-40k and the new area is 60k. I really believe no area should exceed 60k with scaling, and leave the final endgame stuff to master dungeons or scaling dungeons as they've done.

Got to keep all players engaged in the environment.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Still about the new dungeon, it needs some practice to be efficient in the master version and the advanced version can help with that. The poison mechanic in the last boss is easily visible for the tank, but for the dps that are in Combat Advantange position it is practically impossible to see the movement that the boss makes to launch such power.

The drop chance of equipment that my friends who are grinding this dungeon told me is very similar to the drop chance of BoA components in VoS HC when it was released, which to me is disrespectful to the players. It is a fact that the first boss is the least challenging of the 3 and in this case the drop chances would have to be really low, but it could increase the chances of falling in the second one since this is really a challenge.
    Finally, I found it easier than mToS, despite having only completed it on my CW. I tried 1x on the tank but without success since on the second boss it was very complicated for a group with 1 CW and 2 TR and even so we got very close to advancing. I decided not to try it on my GWF after seeing that it's more of a tailor-made content for Wizards and other classes that attack from long range.

Good to see that the developers still follow the forum, I remember in some post commenting that it was to replace the control bonus and control resistance of the game, since I thought (I still think) these statuses are useless and they put me in a boss in which these statuses they even serve something.
  • Options
    bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Just some supporting comments:

a) Like the look and feel of aDWP and mDWP especially the path up to the final boss nice work from designers I thought
    b) mDWP definitely doable with the right group, trouble is finding the right group.
    c) @admiralwarlord#3792 mentioned the gear drop rates these are extremely low in both aDWP and mDWP and I think that needs addressing. In aDWP I believe the legendary demonweb rings and the mythic Maralith neck and belt are meant to drop according to the rewards available info. The neck and belt are exremely rare and I do not know of any that has a won or seen another player win a legendary ring. aDWP is most players entry into mDWP so when a player can run aDWP 20-30 times with no rewards except some maralith hair or goristo hide mats you kinda question whether its worth the effort, this inhibits people from going on to attempt mDWP imho which would be a shame. I definately support the idea that drop rates need to be reviewed
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Can you Dear devs reduce this crazy mob's damage? for example Succubus and Mane are just one shotting 90k players, with bare hand? One shots by regular mobs are just frustrating.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Succubus and incubus have been a problem ever since they were introduced. Their attacks don't hit any harder than comparable enemies but they attack three times as quickly.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Succubus and incubus have been a problem ever since they were introduced. Their attacks don't hit any harder than comparable enemies but they attack three times as quickly.

Yep I said it in my post above, some areas of Narbo have two or three groups of mobs close together which makes it a bit lethal at times. Reminds me of early days in Soshenstar River area where the groups of mobs could be very nasty.

Admittedly it does make for a challenge rather than rollign your face across the keyboard you have to think and move to stay alive. BUT it does make some of the "shorter" quests a bit tedious and time consuming.

Back on to the HUnts system - actually I do quite like them. I can solo the lesser hunts fairly easily without mods so the weekly isnt too much of a pain. But one comment is that some of the lesser and medium hunts are much easier than others, I think its the manticore which is a real beast to solo and uses up scrolls and health stones, so if I get that I tend to back out and try another easier hunt target.
  • Options
    Can you please FIX this freaking ORCUS who's randomly giving one shots to dps and ignoring tank agro? This is just hilarous putting this bugged boss in this fight.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    You mean like when Castle Never was returned and Orcus' opening move was to Finger of Death the tank?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Guys, Mobs damage in this dung is fre...g CRAZY, as a mele i am afraid to get close to SINGLE mob, do you get it? Mobs are one shotting players especially Meles with no CC powers, just look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJaIFiGqek

Endgame players is loosing with random mob on dungen with 1 hit. GG what a lvl of awesome gameplay, DarkSouls cried when they saw yours mobs damage.