test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official: M26 Dungeon Feedback Thread

The upcoming Demonweb Pits dungeon has been unlocked on the PC Preview shard (Mimic) for a limited time. Tokens to access the dungeon can be found in the WB. We'd love your feedback, you can leave it at the forums here!

Comments

• Options
    purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Please unlock access to the Demonweb Pits on Lurker. We still do not have the opportunity to enter the dungeon.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2023

I'd recommend a party of 5 but that's just me.. B)

Post edited by earlgreybeard on
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    When dying from jumping off the platform at the last boss, I dodged a couple of times while falling and was put back at the campfire starting the area, not at the campfire near the boss. As pretty as the walk is, it would be better to respawn at the campfire right before the boss.

One time, during the last boss phase where the spider comes to drop the rocks, the rocks stopped falling, and the next phase never appeared. I'm not sure what triggered this as it worked properly the other times.

The spiders that tether to the axe can be pushed off the edge of the platform and respawn in the center of the platform. Not sure if this is intended.
  • Options
    aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Hello everyone and here I want leave my feedback about the new dungeon (master)
    Graphically, visually, aesthetically, the dungeon is beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful you have ever created imo, well done!
    The Demonweb Pits part is amazing.

Going into the focus.

FIRST BOSS
    Its okish.
    just make the boss invulnerable for 10 seconds when it goes in phase, so you get clones because with high dps players you will skip this mechanic.

SECOND BOSS
    The only suggest I want give it's
    make all the mobs inside this fight NOT CCABLE (cc immune)

THIRD BOSS - Lolth
    Honestly I expected more, especially in terms of mechanics, for the fight against the Queen of the Demonweb Pits.
    The pattern you have chosen is very interesting and makes combat very fun until the first three phases (entrance, Godly Weapon, Shield DPS CHECK).
    Once these 3 phases are finished we can say that the fight is over. There will no longer be any specific mechanics to do, other than dodging two attacks (the gas which is currently buggy and most of the time not showing up, and the red areas it does on every player); this makes the second part of the fight really below expectations, especially if we look at the fight with Syndrith. Having some specific mechanics at this phase (below 50% hp) would have been the cherry on top the cake.

I understand that maybe we are now too close to the release date and therefore we can not expect big changes but make this part of the combat more engaged would be super appreciate.
    I would like to suggest:
    -add something like the "Spin Hypo" mechanics there's in the last phase of Zariel Master, at some %s of HP (like at 30%)

or

Change the SHIELD MECHANIC.
    Actually we have 20% of HP as shield and 1minute to destroy the shield. Actually it lost is DPS CHECK meaning since we can easily destroy it and you have a lot of time also. So this do not show any particoular skill by team which is going to face a CRUCIAL phase.
    SUGGESTION: reduce the Shield HP to 15% but reduce also the time to 30 seconds to destroy it. This will increase the difficulty of the phase and the requirement will be to do a perfect artis call by the team.
    Would be awesome if you can also add a timer on the shield mechanics so it will repeat even before the last phase. Having another dps check, after 1 minute exactly after breaking the shield could make the fight really spicy.
    so

SHIELD MECHANICS: 15% Hp as shield; 30 second to destroy the shield (require perfect artis call from the team); make the shield mechanics repeteable while fighting (add 1 minute as timer when the team destroy the shield. When the shield is broken the time start and after 1 minute another shield will pop on boss).
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    sonofstealthblsonofstealthbl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    1ST BOSS -
    - The amount of health required to pass the clone phase is set before the phase happens which means that a big burst before the phase causes the clones to be skipped which really neuters the entire boss
    - Green tether can target other allies (companions, clones, etc) which doesn't matter versus a player getting tossed
    - The eye beams (even with the clones up) is not threatening at all, having it spin faster would make it more challenging and make the meteor + beam phase more dangerous

BUGS:
    - Boss + clones can be de-synced for quad beam, clones get stuck on players and start their beam late
    - Boss can continue her flurry of slashes (AOE attack in front of her) when she goes to do the beam. This means the boss will suddenly turn around from the tank and kill everyone between her and the middle of the arena as she heads there to do the mechanic.

Overall this boss is too easy even if all of these issues were addressed, the only major threat is the clones and they are only lethal if DPS get stacks from failing the meteors. Some other mechanic should be added to force people to group up during later meteor phases to avoid stacks and maybe a check at the end that causes a wipe if the group has too many skulls/meteor stacks.

2ND BOSS -
    - Most mobs shouldn't be CC-able, it gives a strong advantage to classes with CC and nullifies the threat of most of the mobs. In returns their damage should be tuned down a bit across the board since there won't be as easy a way to prevent them from hitting DPS
    - The mobs vary quite a bit in their strength, they should be brought more in-line with one another:
    Balor: All of its attacks are fast and hard hitting, 2 or 3 times as threatening as the other possible summons
    Barlgura: Mostly fine, but the AOE CC slam lasts a bit too long and can take a tank out of their shield
    Rotting Mane: Well balanced, could be more interesting other than just hard hits
    Cruel Glabrezu: Claw grab has a long range and can keep the target CC'd even when the Glabrezu is controlled
    Molten Zythar: Could use stronger AOE damage but less range to make the mob more unique
    Succubus: Double slash does a lot of damage in a short amount of time, otherwise well designed
    Meteor: Another non-threatening mob, needs to move faster and do more damage to be anywhere near relevance
    Cultist: Summons are a bit too threatening considering that they can pop up immediately
    Goristro: Charge and slap have a long windup and is overall not threatening enough

BUGS:
    - Avatar of Orcus gets locked on a target and continues targeting them even when they go down
    - Mobs can be repelled out of the arena by the CW encounter
    - Balor can be controlled
    - Boss has no animation after 20 seconds into the DPS check at the end, just standing there awkwardly
    - A small portal opens at the end and then vanishes, probably from boss being a copy paste of Halaster
    - Goristro's Gore does 15 damage sometimes
    - Goristro charges in a different direction than what the visual indicates
    - Molten Zythar's Rain of Fire does 3 damage

This boss is pretty fair, but being able to CC the mobs nullifies them too much and takes a lot away from the threat of the boss.

3RD BOSS - Lolth
    - Knock back is avoidable with anti-CC tank mechanics which strongly nullifies the soak damage mechanic, this should probably be changed
    - Healing spiders are CC-able when the probably shouldn't since3 they are a core mechanic of the boss fight
    - The final DPS check is too easy, especially considering that we should be fighting a god's avatar and the other mechanics are too weak

BUGS:
    - Rocks can fall on the platform as the slanted phase ends causing unavoidable deaths
    - Tilt phase can have missing falling AOEs and Godly weapon phase won't have any adds, Lolth will not come back to the platform when this happens
    - Lolth's attacks usually require the target to be very close to her, this allows a person to continuously kite her and she will not do any mechanics, this is a massive bug
    - Lolth can fail to shield herself in the final DPS check
    - The purple gas appears invisible and does not seem to be working all the time
    - It is possible to be stuck in the ground when the platform tilt is corrected
    - The Godly Weapon can die seemingly randomly, not sure what the cause is
    - Rocks can fall during the Godly weapon phase rarely
    - Lolth will not move during the final DPS check
    - Spread mechanic visual does not match when the hit occurs
    - Final DPS check can sometimes not include the increasing damage over time
    - Godly weapon will sometimes fail to be destroyed despite reaching 0 HP because of a spider healing it. It plays the animation and sound of it being destroyed, but nothing happens

A disappointing boss considering how hyped up Lolth has been by the story line and the fact that we should be fighting her avatar within her domain, while Tiamat's avatar was much more threatening outside of her place of power and with the assistance of Clerics and Elminster to banish her, here we are trying to defeat her avatar. It doesn't make sense both from the lore and story line that she would be so much easier than Gromph and demonic summons. Personally I would want to see an overhaul of the fight to have much more difficult and interesting mechanics, but I know that's not possible in the short term. Instead a lot of the mechanics should be buffed up significantly most notably the final DPS check.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Graphically, visually, aesthetically, the dungeon is beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful you have ever created imo, well done!

Going into the focus.

FIRST BOSS
    Its okish.
    just make the boss invulnerable for 10 seconds when it goes in phase, so you get clones because with high dps players you will skip this mechanic.

SECOND BOSS

THIRD BOSS - Lolth
    Honestly I expected more, especially in terms of mechanics, for the fight against the Queen of the Demonweb Pits.
    The pattern you have chosen is very interesting and makes combat very fun until the first three phases (entrance, Godly Weapon, Shield DPS CHECK).
    Once these 3 phases are finished we can say that the fight is over. There will no longer be any specific mechanics to do, other than dodging two attacks (the gas which is currently buggy and most of the time not showing up, and the red areas it does on every player); this makes the second part of the fight really below expectations, especially if we look at the fight with Syndrith. Having some specific mechanics at this phase (below 50% hp) would have been the cherry on top the cake.

I understand that maybe we are now too close to the release date and therefore we can not expect big changes but make this part of the combat more engaged would be super appreciate.
    I would like to suggest:
    -add something like the "Spin Hypo" mechanics there's in the last phase of Zariel Master, at some %s of HP (like at 30%)

or

Actually we have 20% of HP as shield and 1minute to destroy the shield. Actually it lost is DPS CHECK meaning since we can easily destroy it and you have a lot of time also. So this do not show any particoular skill by team which is going to face a CRUCIAL phase.
    SUGGESTION: reduce the Shield HP to 15% but reduce also the time to 30 seconds to destroy it. This will increase the difficulty of the phase and the requirement will be to do a perfect artis call by the team.
    Would be awesome if you can also add a timer on the shield mechanics so it will repeat even before the last phase. Having another dps check, after 1 minute exactly after breaking the shield could make the fight really spicy.
    so

SHIELD MECHANICS: 15% Hp as shield; 30 second to destroy the shield (require perfect artis call from the team); make the shield mechanics repeteable while fighting (add 1 minute as timer when the team destroy the shield. When the shield is broken the time start and after 1 minute another shield will pop on boss).

And why cc the mobs is a problem? why we should have 1 way of clearing the mobs? why everything must be around how
    high damage we can deal?
  • Options
    aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2023

Going into the focus.

FIRST BOSS
    Its okish.

SECOND BOSS

THIRD BOSS - Lolth

I would like to suggest:

or

so

And why cc the mobs is a problem? why we should have 1 way of clearing the mobs? why everything must be around how
    high damage we can deal?

Problem is, some classes use CC powers for max st damage and some will have to replace their max ST damage powers by garbage powers for use a CC powers. So this will create a disavdvantage
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Going into the focus.

FIRST BOSS
    Its okish.

SECOND BOSS

THIRD BOSS - Lolth

I would like to suggest:

or

so

high damage we can deal?
    Only a few classes have the ability to CC reliably. We don't want to make it mandatory like in the before times where knocking foes off cliffs were a thing, when only specific classes became welcomed.
  • Options
    rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Would it still be possible to give all the enemies inside the dungeon unique entity names? Right now we have enemies in here that also walk around on the campaign map and even enemies inside the M26 dungeon that have an M25 entity name...

Examples of enemies in the dungeon:
    M26_Drow_Cultist_Scout_Standard
    M25_Demon_Minion_Mane
    M25_Demon_Elite_Hezrou
    Spider_Bristle_Standard
    Spider_Jump_Elite

Please prefix everything with e.g. "M26_DemonwebPits_" or "M26_Lolthdungeon_"

Bosses have unique names:
    Dungeon_Lolthdungeon_Boss1
    Dungeon_Lolthdungeon_Boss2
    Dungeon_Lolthdungeon_Boss3
  • Options

Going into the focus.

FIRST BOSS
    Its okish.

SECOND BOSS

THIRD BOSS - Lolth

I would like to suggest:

or

so

high damage we can deal?

Problem is, some classes use CC powers for max st damage and some will have to replace their max ST damage powers by garbage powers for use a CC powers. So this will create a disavdvantage
    I still dont see any issue. The same argument used in mtos and still i see often groups dont have a single wizard in the queue
    and they have nothing to jealous on killing speed or have any disadvantage at all( talking about the first boss in mtos).

i would like to say if is any problem in the recent dungeons and trials is the unfair advantage a range dps vs a meelee dps that is a problem cryptic need to find a solution.
  • Options
    stormbreaker#5563 stormbreaker Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hello. I would kindly ask of you to change how the hypo mechanic actually works with Lolth's last encounter in MDWP. As a tank I have been able to reach the final boss with ease, but during the last encounter all the group expects me to block the right hand attack, not get knockback and be able to survive hypo alone (I know this mechanic doesn't work this way), but group members don't like to stack, I am really tired, frustrating and its annoying to get kicked from dungeon after 2 wipes when not been able to "properly" do this mechanic alone. Make it a bit more manageable, like for example, if Lolth places hypo on the player with aggro or to any random player, make her stop attacking for a short period while focusing hypo on that player and let everyone get a chance to stack over hypo. I hope you guys look into this and make MDWP more enjoyable for all classes to finish the dungeon.