test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiefling horns & helmets.

Is there a way to hide my horns when wearing hats & helmets or could Cryptic PLEASE (I'm begging you) give us the option to do it?

Pretty much 3/4 of my appearance stuff is unusable because it looks stupid with the horns poking out.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,248 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    IMO, tiefling (with horns) wearing any hat or helmet is stupid.

Without the horn is stupid. The hat chops the horn? My tiefling has horns. Where do they go? Magic? Is my tiefling a human with tail? I chose a specific horn when I created the character. It will not be shown at all?

With the horn, most head gear looks stupid by default except may be crown, circlet and head declaration that does not cover the head such as "crown of candies". Think about it. If one has a horns, how would one wear the helmet?

That is why my tiefling only wears fashion and the head gear is "body paint".
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Some headgear does actually remove the horns but there aren't a lot of them. The fool's crown of Neverwinter (the fedora) is one of them, and there's a few ugly generic helmets which do it as well. For many years the only race I ever played was Tiefling, every single character I owned was a Tiefling, and I just dealt with it and put up with it when the horns clipped through something. Why would I want to make a Tielfing and then take the horns off anyway? I see wanting to remove the horns on a Tiefling in the same light as those who get a Dragonborn and then cover it's head up. You're cynically after the stats and don't care about the race itself and even have an aversion to they way it looks so probably don't deserve to have one. Make a human instead.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,248 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    About half of the head gears my Tiefling has take the horn away.

When no head gear,

With fashion (head gear is body paint).

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

My cleric wears the Crown of the Pit Fiend headgear which removes my horns and replaces them with these ones...

But my normal horns aren't that different anyway.

I used to mainly use the horns which bend around to the front when I started playing Tiefling but stopped using them a long time ago in favor of these ones.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    I wear headgear that lets the horns show; hoods and the like. Figure either there's holes for the horns, or after long enough wearing them there will be holes for the horns.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Well it's all up for players prefernce.. I personally ok that horns are not hiden under the helm.

screenshot-2022-05-02-23-48-30
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    have not had a problem, although, the majority of headgear I have available on my tiefling toon seems to be made for them. Of course, I have never actually bothered with anything that actually hides my tieflings horns either so there is that.