test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs, please upgrade Arcane Coffer contents in DR

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

This is a request to update/upgrade the Arcane Coffer contents in the Dread Ring lairs.

There is a whole storyline and questline where Rath Modar talks-up the contents of these coffers and says what 'wondrous' and 'rare' items you can achieve, it's supposed to be a major achievement to make the gauntlets and upgrade them and the storyline makes the items you will receive seem special. Yet when you open them it's absolute junk. This is a screenshot of what I got from opening one today, a black pearl drops on the ground like candy all the time and having it as a 'special' drop item in an activity where you are told they're wondrous rare special items which you are indeed fortunate to have been able to make a gauntlet to unlock makes a joke out of the entire storyline. It's so sad and pathetic it makes you laugh out loud when it happens, and not in a good way, in a bad way at the game because it's so pathetic. Is that the sort of effect you really want to give your playerbase? Granted, this character has only made the first silver one, but that doesn't matter in the slightest. The things which come out of this coffer are rubbish bottom-level stuff right up to the final top-tier of gauntlet. In any case, it's talked-up by Rath Modar right from the onset before you even make the first gauntlet, so even the silver gauntlet should grant something better than a black pearl, come on, make an effort to please your players and make them excited and don't make this storyline a total sad joke.

Note: I know ALL the chests and drops are generally bad throughout the game and need attention, but this one really takes the cake as it has a specific quest attached to it which talks the rewards up. I thought it needed it's own post.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    From what I remember it used to have a chance to give Mark of Potency of various ranks.
    But as those have been removed from the game, I agree with the OP, this coffer needs to have something else added to it's loot list.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    But Devs please do not touch the other chest there as it is fine and people are happy with that one. I'm only talking about the one on the right attached to Rath Modars questline with the gauntlets you create.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    We should be able to craft the Starmetal Gauntlet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    After five years of opening the chest on an almost daily basis I got a green artefact (Eye of Lathander) drop from it last month.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    I've gotten it on all 12 of mine with several duplicates over the years.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Thank you for your suggestion! I will share your thoughts with the developer team.
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Adamantine Gauntlets really should have been updated to offer something, a little bit more appealing a long time ago in fact.

I've stopped even bothering using them, and haven't for over 3-4 years.

Note: You only get 1 per day, this be a good option.

Something like an unbound (Rare) Uncommon / Blue Enchanting stone every day for the lower level Gauntlets; or an unbound Purple (Epic) Enchanting Stone for Adamantine. :)
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    A chance for a glyph of potency would be great!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    mintmark said:

A chance for a glyph of potency would be great!

That would be nice as well too, even if it's just a small chance. Arcane Guantlet's have been virtually worthless for years, be nice to see them slightly improved as suggested above with some Enchanting Stones depending on the level of Gauntlets they are.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I agree with rockster that it wouldn't give new (or seasoned) players a good impression. In the guild where you get a black pearl for killing a 100 monsters is a joke too.
  • Options
    That was a joke when strongholds was new.