test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL: Abyssal Hunts Feedback

Abyssal Hunts, part of the Narbondellyn Campaign and Adventure Zone, are now up on Preview. Please post all of your bugs and feedback relating the the Hunts, Modifiers, and Missions.

Please visit Sergeant Knox in Protector's Enclave and accept the mission, 'Personal Summons' to start your adventures in the Narbondellyn District and begin the path to unlock the Abyssal Hunts.

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!
Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.

Comments

• Options
    rotcman92#6776 rotcman92 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do I join Xbox test server
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @rotcman92#6776,

Thanks for your interest! Please email community@crypticstudios.com with your Gamertag and the email address associated with your Xbox account.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Are the abyssal hunts supposed to be solo content? I tried some today and even with 3 modifiers on the hard ones I was able to solo it without much problems. So for a full party it might be a bit easy when it doesn't scale with the amount of players.

Also I like that we're able to get masterwork resources from the modifiers. The campaign currency for menzo and the new mod are also nice.

• Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I would change the mod to reflect less damage but include encounter and dailies. Otherwise, you're disproportionately penalizing classes that rely on the At-Wills for damage. This will be a very common mod as well as it nets the new Masterwork resources.
  • Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    The door to the Eye Tyrant in one of his spawn locations can get bugged where you cannot enter until after a good few tries. You can see it here in this video:
    https://youtu.be/WOkgrmo0LB8
    Was not the first time in the same area for me.
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Con elemento at-will from bard, still doesn't get benefited from additional element magnitude, for example, elemental medley feature does nothing, and elemental medley itself doesn't benefit from masterful performance class feature.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    In the Abyssal Hunts, the Tyrannosaurus Rex boss seems to have about 10 times more Hit Points than the rest (combination of hp and his shield effect), causing it to take 10 times longer to kill.
  • Options
    I have done about 20 of the abyssal hunts, a mix of all , and only ever received one time a drop of 20 Abyssal Essence! I assume this is bugged and should drop more often, up to the cap of a 100 per week.
  • Options
    scar#9019 scar Member Posts: 9 Arc User

In the Abyssal Hunts, the Tyrannosaurus Rex boss seems to have about 10 times more Hit Points than the rest (combination of hp and his shield effect), causing it to take 10 times longer to kill.

Wait there's a T-rex boss .... why though? I thought this was supposed to be about hunting demons and such in the abyss!

• Options
    scar#9019 said:

Wait there's a T-rex boss .... why though? I thought this was supposed to be about hunting demons and such in the abyss!

Yup, these are all the different type of bosses I fought so far:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    When you try to use any consumables while you have "Denied" modifier active in an Abyssal Hunt, you will receive the error message "Not allowed in this dragon's domain." These are not dragon hunts, so I assume that should show something else.:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Member Posts: 3,183 Arc User
    This discussion was created from comments split from: OFFICIAL: Narbondellyn Adventure Zone and Story Instance Feedback.
  • Options
    sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User

- Scoreboard is not removed from the screen after leaving the instance. After leaving the instance it says to check calendar for more events and if I join another hunt it shows "contest finished" as shown below.

It's annoying to have to open and close the scoreboard each time so it gets removed since I have never to do this for other content.

- Have not counted them but it feels like a lot of the times the glowing trail does not appear or appears and leads back to the entrance instead of the exit that is near the chest as shown on the picture below. Also the "diamond" marker shown on the minimap tends to show the entrance instead of the exit too. This has caused me to exit by mistake via the entrance which lets you exit without having opened the chest and brings you back to the crystal were you input the mods. It basically adds a loading screen when you exit via the wrong gate then another loading screen to get back in to get the chest. Would be nice to disable the entrance door after the hunt is over ;) .

- The T-rex fight is way more "difficult" than the rest. It does not help that sometimes when you manage to topple him and are about to burst him down he stands up almost instantly. His headbutt attack which has no red area warning does massive damage as in I barely survived the hit with 1 million HP but luckily you can tell he will do it when he bunny hops backwards.

- Manticore and Gorgon feel as if they are under the effect of Gzemnid's trial yellow artifact. Manticore spams the tail poison spikes attack and the Gorgon keeps spamming the dash move making it a tad tedious on melee since they keep doing it really fast 4-6 times in a row.

- I wish the hunts re-spawned quicker or you could use 3 mods on any hunts. It currently bottlenecks the masterwork material farm since it's 7.5 resilience hunts for 1 chart which leaves T2/T3 hunts as the source of epic/leg mats.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2023

- Manticore and Gorgon feel as if they are under the effect of Gzemnid's trial yellow artifact. Manticore spams the tail poison spikes attack and the Gorgon keeps spamming the dash move making it a tad tedious on melee since they keep doing it really fast 4-6 times in a row.

the manticore definitely seemed very overpowered compared to the other lesser hunts and a few of the greater hunts

will try and find a gorgon next week..

off topic: can we get the capacity to renew our vip from the buy vip button on the inventory vip tab?
    please?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User

I have done about 20 of the abyssal hunts, a mix of all , and only ever received one time a drop of 20 Abyssal Essence! I assume this is bugged and should drop more often, up to the cap of a 100 per week.

So, we are on the live server and I have the exact same problem as @aragon#8379 reported (which he did over a month ago on preview). Why wasn't this fixed? Were four weeks not enough?

Tagging @percemer in hopes that this gets fixed asap.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    The manticore is ridiculously hard in my opinion and I buff myself to the max. And I have not used a modifier to make him harder and I can't picture ever doing so.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    IN case anyone has a problem getting in the arena after pressing f try running back and approaching it again, that is the only way I can get in on the phase spider and another one.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

The manticore is ridiculously hard in my opinion and I buff myself to the max. And I have not used a modifier to make him harder and I can't picture ever doing so.

I haven't had much trouble with the Manticore, main thing is to just dodge the AOE poison attacks. My hard point is the Neolithid and Trex. Trex I've been doing better on in recognizing the attack telegraphs, but the Neolithid poison and adds are a bit much for my Ranger to handle.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,271 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Yes, manticore is not hard as long as you can avoid the red zone and it is not hard to avoid that. Range attack should not have too much trouble. The only time I had problem with manticore is when my melee character got cocky and did not walk out of red zone in time. Its DoT is pretty lethal. My melee character was killed by the DoT many seconds AFTER he killed Manticore. I don't use health stone and my potion of health was in timer.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***