test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Menzo Lockdown

greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
The number of times we have to kill the Drider Captains for the boons points is a lot excessive.
I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Comments

• Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    After I saw that it takes 500 coins that drops from driders and mini bosses to get the third boon I just gave up. I wonder when the new content is released and the map is empty, how new players will get such boons.
  • Options
    Fat Clown: Penguin... I mean, killing sleeping children. Isn't it that a little, uh...
    [Penguin grabs an umbrella and shoots Henchman dead]
    The Penguin: No! It's a lot "uh"!
    [Kicks Henchman into the water]
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I think the heroic quests with a group in Menzo pay off better than just killing CDrider, she takes a long time to die, but everyone seems to just want to kill the captains, some of them like squish and the blood forge are really quick.
  • Options
    You need the HEs to trigger the Lockdown. Kill the driders. Go back to doing HEs. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. For 500 points worth at 8 points per captain.

That's also assuming you don't spend any in the meantime.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It used to be people in Northdark Reaches saying "Dark dark dark" over and over like mindless robots. Now it's "Driders driders driders" instead. It was obvious from day one that the way to make Driders (so to trigger a lockdown) was to do HE's around the map until the bar was full. And any intelligent group of people in there will create their own Driders by first doing a few HE's and that map will be teaming with people and full at 25 as they run around successfully for hours doing Driders then continuing on immediately to do HE's to make more Driders. It's a self-sufficient map and when there's 20 or more of you in there doing that as a group it's wonderful. A good map will do that for literally hours continuously with people swapping the caller position as needed. But so many times I've seen the Driders finish and then people just stand still and immediately start spamming "+ driders" in chat looking for a new instance, without even trying to make more in the map they're in. A map with more than 20 people already in it. It's actually more time consuming and stressful to try and worm your way into a full instance and get someone to invite you than it is to just make more Driders in the map ur in which already has enough people in it to easily do it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    meanrage1meanrage1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    By the time I got to the 500 I found the HE-drider farm to have become very boring, now another run of 500 for the 4th boon. WTF Cryptic???
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    It's going to get much worse once Menzo is no longer the campaign that everyone is running. Once the server population moves on, good luck killing any driders much less earning enough for boons.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

It's going to get much worse once Menzo is no longer the campaign that everyone is running. Once the server population moves on, good luck killing any driders much less earning enough for boons.

In the current preview build you can get all menzo currencies for the abyssal hunts in the new zone with the right modifier. You can solo one of the hunts in a couple of minutes if you only use that modifier so it should be faster to farm than the driders currently.

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

hustin1 said:

In the current preview build you can get all menzo currencies for the abyssal hunts in the new zone with the right modifier. You can solo one of the hunts in a couple of minutes if you only use that modifier so it should be faster to farm than the driders currently.

That is going to make the map even deader than it would have been already, which will make it even harder for people who are just getting to that campaign to do it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.