test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifespark is not teleported with the player when entering the fight on Zariel and Gzemnid

When entering the fight in Zariel's Challenge and Gzemnid Reliquary, the Lifespark (little green ball from Soulweaver Warlock) stays outside instead of being teleported with the player.

While it's stuck outside, most things related to the Lifespark don't work. Inspirit doesn't trigger, tab healing can't be used and Soul Reclamation isn't activated when below 30% Soulweave. Warlock's Bargain still works and seems to be the only reliable way to get the Lifespark back, as it destroys the spark stuck outside and creates a new one.

On Gzemnid, the Lifespark sometimes teleports inside after some time has passed in the fight. However, I haven't seen this happen on Zariel.

Comments

• Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I've noticed that lifespark on my warlock has been buggy since the server got fixed. Healing the House Captains, and partied up with some friends, I have someone tabbed, and the tab heal was healing only me, no one else. It wasn't until I moved to a different zone (completely out of Menzoberranzan) that I then realised that my lil lifespark friend had been missing.

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Thanks for reporting! This issue has been escalated and is being investigated.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Hi!

The latest patch notes mention:

Gzemnid’s Reliquary
    Soulweaver's Lifespark should now properly enter the combat arena of Gzemnid's Reliquary along with the player.

Zariel’s Challenge
    Soulweaver's Lifespark should now properly enter the combat arena of Zariel's Challenge along with the player.

However, this is not the case. The Lifespark still waits outside for some time in both Zariel and Gzemnid.
    Here's a video demonstrating it in Zariel (recorded after the patch was live on PC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1woUX4XY1Rk

The Lifespark does seem to enter the arena after some time in Zariel now, but considering we have a big mitigation check right at the beginning and Zariel hits the tank pretty hard, it would be ideal to have it from the start.

Also, this is a widespread issue with the Lifespark, which is happenning much more frequently since Northdark was released last year. Fixing individual instances (like what this patch is trying to do) doesn't seem a good way to handle this, specially considering that this issue was so less frequent before.

Here are *some* of the places where the issue happens:
    • Gzemnid, entering the fight
    • Gzemnid, during the transition from P2 to P3 (bad)
    • Gzemnid, during the transition from P3 to P4 (very very very bad)
    • Zariel, entering the fight
    • Vault of Stars, during the transition from first boss to the "Lumi area" and from there to the next stage (before second boss)
    • Grey Wolf Den, when entering the door after defeating the first boss
    • Menzoberanzan, where the Lifespark may disappear after you use the door to change between the quest hub area and the two travel points in the city
    In most content, this isn't a big deal. But when we consider Gzemnid Master:
    • Soulweaver is already the worst healer for this trial, by a very large margin;
    • Single target healing with tab is one of Soulweaver's main strengths; losing Lifespark takes that away. This is a very big issue when it happens on P4;
    • Lifespark easily accounts for 10~12% of the total healing done by the class with Inspirit, and increases Soulweave Regen by a large margin with Reclamation, so losing Lifespark ends up being a very big nerf on group healing as well;
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hi @carloswartune#5709,

Thanks for checking. We will investigate this.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service