test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL: Potions/foods not showing up in the buff bar

razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
Buff potions, elixirs, foods, stronghold foods should display their icons on the buff bar, so we would not have to open up the whole list to see everything to check if something expired or if we already have them on.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    They used to show up - potions, food and elixirs used to display there for years and years and u could see at a glance what u had enabled and when it fell off and u needed to use a new one u could be notified instantly with no downtime, it worked great, but a while ago the Devs decided in all their wisdom to remove a lot of things from the buff bar and only have a couple. They used the reason they were "reducing screen clutter". It was a ridiculous thing to do and I never supported it. So seeing they did it intentionally, I doubt they will put it all back again.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    It's also working as intended.

I think that it's also intended because there would be too much things in the buff list, so one click is required to expand it.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    percemer said:

It's also working as intended.

I think that it's also intended because there would be too much things in the buff list, so one click is required to expand it.

Regards,

It is very annoying to open up it several times for rebuffing. Having to scroll down to the very bottom for potions makes it even worse.
    Introducing an option to show or hide them would make both teams happy.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    They just made things worse, they should put it back the way it was before. The point of the buff bar is that at a glance u can have information on what u have equipped. If there are things missing from the buff bar, it's becoming more and more useless and as u say, clicking to open a separate menu in the middle of a battle is extremely annoying and also leads to battle mistakes because u can't concentrate 100% on what is going on while ur trying to open effing menus. Do they even play the game when they make these decisions?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I would be fine with a hideable/optional second bar for these, nothing fancy and most UI elements are already hideable, so it would not really make too much of a development. And yeah I say that as a developer, just not here. :D
    Post edited by razor4lpha on