test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

two subjects still cant get in and ticket history and support misinformation

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
Not being able to play for hours now gave me a lot of time to explore my tickets. I actually copied a lot of them to Penzu, my journal where I write and can catalog it. There were several points I found way interesting. !. the latest ticket it has is from Feb. I made several in March and I think one recently in April. 3. I was told the tickets don't go back more than a certain amt. of time, I found my first one when I couldn't pick up anything because no f appeared over my head.
How could I have found that if they aren't saved that long? They are actually funny some of the conversations I had. Explaining what I already had explained precisely and concisely in perfect order, over and over.
There are sure a lot missing as well. The ones where I was told there were just random fails in the workshop, no one bothered to say the artisans had to have a good proficiency rating or needed high end tools.
The coversations I had when after being level 80 for a little over a week, all of a sudden I was 20. And my alt who had been 30 or something was 20. I am not surprised they weren't there. They asked me over and over was I sure I was 80 and completely asinine things like that instead of saying everyone got switched to 20. How hard would that have been.? Instead of acting like I was nuts or lying. That was in 21 and they have improved somewhat since then,
But it would enhance this game a lot if they actually would just give some information. I honestly don't see one ticket where they actually helped. Maybe they should consider some quality training along with a refresher course on customer service. Just a thought.

Comments

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

The ones where I was told there were just random fails in the workshop, no one bothered to say the artisans had to have a good proficiency rating or needed high end tools.
    The coversations I had when after being level 80 for a little over a week, all of a sudden I was 20. And my alt who had been 30 or something was 20. I am not surprised they weren't there. They asked me over and over was I sure I was 80 and completely asinine things like that instead of saying everyone got switched to 20. How hard would that have been.? Instead of acting like I was nuts or lying. That was in 21 and they have improved somewhat since then,
    But it would enhance this game a lot if they actually would just give some information. I honestly don't see one ticket where they actually helped. Maybe they should consider some quality training along with a refresher course on customer service. Just a thought.

I would be surprised if the support team play the game tbh. There is a list of 7 or 8 games they support. They are great for account based problems like login issues and zen store/purchase issues but if your looking for guidance or direction in the game your looking in the wrong spot.
  • Options
    Oh cmon all of sudden going from 80 to 20 was something they were aware of. Why didn't they say what it was? If
    SUPPORT is the wrong place to go for problems where do you go?
  • Options
    The info about the level change was in the forums for a long time prior to going live and was also talked about in game in various places.

Usually one would turn to their guild to assist with in game direction.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,235 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    jana#2651 said:

Oh cmon all of sudden going from 80 to 20 was something they were aware of. Why didn't they say what it was? If
    SUPPORT is the wrong place to go for problems where do you go?

You just don't know how these support operates. They don't know anything about these games and they need to cover many games they do not play. If the support manual did not say it (that also assume they actually read it), they could not deal with it except giving you some generic PR statements.

I deal with them enough that 95% of the times, they don't have a clue what the issue is and replied with something totally irrelevant. It will be like the 4th times you explain it, they may get a clue to be within the ballpark.

Where do you go? By now, you should know already. Here, the forum. Or, figure it out yourself.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Support are very good when you need someone to do something to your game you can't do yourself, ie; delete an item which will not delete or put back a quest you dropped. Or reverse an ingame transaction you made in error. They're great with that kind of thing because they have access to your account and can do things you cannot. But for advice on playing the game, I would never expect much.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    And the misinformation is inexcusable. They told me the tickets are only saved for 6 months or something like that. I found my beginning tickets and not the latest, that is just wrong.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    6 months of waiting, that's not so bad, considering in one of my previous games I needed to wait one year..
    Considering how many games support staff have to cover, they are not so bad. I have seen even worse.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    Why would you pay someone worse. I have never gone to them for advice on how to play the game just for the record. I didn't have a guild yet and I didn't come to the forums until after the level change and I knew nothing about it. Support should have been able to say happened to everybody instead of asking me if I was level 80. Where was it talked about in game Reg1981? and what is your point anyway? That they should not be expected to know something that major?
  • Options
    jana#2651 said:

Where was it talked about in game Reg1981? and what is your point anyway? That they should not be expected to know something that major?

On the day the changes happened, if you stood in Protectors for more than 10 seconds, you seen someone ask what happened and someone answer.

Not a point, but a point of view I guess. I hadn't really thought about asking support about something in the game other than login or purchase issues.
  • Options
    I didn't mention that this was not just one conversation I had with support after I was dropped from 80 to 20. I had multiple conversations on chat with them, where they were anything but helpful and downright rude. There is no record of the tickets I made then or the chats but there are some that go farther back than that. I think the tickets that are kept and the ones that disappear are anything but an accident. Support does seem improved now but once in a while I get a bad whiff from the past when asking about disappearing items.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @jana#2651,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not up to your expectations. I think that there were some misunderstandings, but the internal communication has been significantly improved.

Generally speaking, community team handles questions from players and bug reports. Customer support team handles issues that only affect a specific account or that require more investigation on this account, in-game moderation and billing issues.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    Thank you Percemer. Support should have some clue about this game, I mean money is used here. I think the fact they couldn't just say that everyone had dropped to 20 after multiple conversations is ridiculous. If they don't know an answer they should just say so, or even better get some training. They do seem to be reasonably polite these days instead of the downright rude they were when I first started. Instead of having them all do a bunch of games, maybe have certain ones for each game so it isn't so confusing for them? Just a thought. I sure would like to see some of those conversations I had back then with them, they all seem to be gone. And like I said older ones are there. Goofy.