test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let the stones of Healing merge

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 619 Arc User
When your doing a long dungeon or hard heroic quest I don't want a stone of healing that only has 3 or 4 left, hence I have a dozen or more stones in my inventory. Why not sell something that will combine them so we can take all our onesy and twosy's etc and have something usable? I think it would be a win win all the way around.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    This has been asked many many many times. Well, they did not do anything about it.
    So, it is up to you to figure out how to manage it effectively yourself.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    I get down to about 6 or under and I never use them again. They sit there for ages but eventually I delete them.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    The mechanics seems like it would be pretty simple, when a player has a stone of life procuring a new stone will "recharge" the stone they have with however many charges are in the stone they pick up. That way every player has just one stone of life but they can have "X" number of charges based on how many new stones have been added to it and the number of charges the newly acquired stones contain.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it can be done... but I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath waiting for it to happen.
    DD~
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I have brought this up a couple of times and never got a reaction from Cryptic side
    So we (especially tanks) are forced to work around this issue like we do with the many tank related problems who are still open and never being fixed...
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    As far as I concern, they did this intentionally when they created the stone. They could have made the stone like a potion or just make a new heal all potion. They did not. They went through the trouble, spend the resource to create a new stone using a different mechanic from scratch for a "reason". So, well, live with it, work around with it or whatever.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    While being able to merge them would be nice, with the changes to the belt slots (adding a drop down menu) you can slot a new stone with just a right click and select it. Make sure the new stone is in your top bag and easy to find. I've done this in combat a lot lately.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Ty for your input, I really think Dionchi's suggestion of being able to charge it with the ones you bought, but I know I would buy less if I could do that. On the other hand this game is pretty spendy they can't be going broke.
  • Options
    Hey Pitshade is that already suppose to be there that drop down menu for your belt slots or its a going to be?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It was added with the launch of the current mod, Northdark Reaches. Mouse over the belt slot and right click in it. If the slot os occupied, a drop down menu will appear with the options to select a new item or to apply existing item to all loadouts. If the slot is currently empty, the UI goes directly to show all items in your inventory that can be placed there. Select the new stone and it is placed on the belt. It is a good idea to make sure the health stone is character bound before you need it to avoid the pop-up during combat. Just drag it to the slot and bind it before you will need it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother