test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Long Hiatus and Character levels are all 20?

peripeteiaperipeteia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I know games change and you get offered a freespec but I come back and some characters have leveled up to 20 and some leveled down to 20. I got some wonderful gear compared to what my characters had so not all bad. The game doesn't really sell itself to me so I am not too tied up, just curious if anyone has any idea what has happened and should I be prepared to repeat content at all?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    The highest level has been changed from 80 to 20 to match D&D.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • peripeteiaperipeteia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    That explains everything. So my characters are finished without the grind. Thanks.
    edited February 2023

That explains everything. So my characters are finished without the grind. Thanks.

Not really. Reaching level 20 is not 'finished'. It is far from 'finish'. It is the 'beginning'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited February 2023
    Is it possible to get onto a test server? If so how? Is there a link? TY
    edited February 2023
    You can choose to go to preview in your Neverwinter launcher if you are in PC.
    edited February 2023
    I tried changing Shard but I get no alternative. I must have to character transfer first and I don't know where on these forums I find that, but I'll look again.

Update, found the transfer page in a weird way, tried transfering 8 which maybe maximum. As for getting on the shard still looking into it.
    edited February 2023

I tried changing Shard but I get no alternative. I must have to character transfer first and I don't know where on these forums I find that, but I'll look again.

Update, found the transfer page in a weird way, tried transfering 8 which maybe maximum. As for getting on the shard still looking into it.

Do you see this in your launcher? I assume you are in PC.

Click "NeverwinterPreview" before clicking 'Play'.
    edited February 2023
    No I don't have that on my launcher, just Neverwinter. Oh wait, I do now, thanks, didn't before. Weird. Must of recieved it after character transfers.

Thank you for your assistance!!!