test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL: Menzoberranzan Adventure Zone and Story Instance Feedback

Menzoberranzan, the new adventure zone and campaign is now up on Preview. Please post all of your bugs and feedback relating the the Zone, its Heroic Encounters, Campaign, and the Story Instances.

Please visit Sergeant Knox in Protector's Enclave and accept the mission, 'Whispers in the Dark' to start your adventures in the city of Menzoberranzan.

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font>
<font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.

Comments

• Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    =[ Fix VIP on preview...

Not being able to reup makes wanting to test this stuff un fun..
  • Options
    deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Feedback: PLEASE add gear loadouts! I LOVE the variety of items you guys have added for module 25, with the unique equip bonuses, but so many of them are situational and the headache of having to keep switching pieces takes fun away from just playing the game, not to mention inventory management. I want to "set and forget" a build, not have to micromanage entire loadouts, and then still have to manually swap out gear pieces, only to forget swapping something when getting ninja-invited to help out with a trial.

If you added gear loadouts where we could name a loadout and give it specific gear pieces, we could easily switch gear across all other main loadouts. This would be a massive quality of life and allow many of us the ability to enjoy the unique bonuses without having to switch out pieces manually. Please, consider what a few clicks over the course of a thousand could do for our fingies and mice.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2023

https://i.imgur.com/CKQdXzn.png
    ╘ to view at full size.

Bug: Well Harrassed Commoner's spawn times don't align, with them being there.

Effects: Compassion and Cause - Save Harrassed Commoner's.
    May be others as well, see note below.

Note: This happens in Northdark, earning Blaspheme Weapons & have to save Myconoids who trapped; it's the 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd gold mission, just don't know the name offhand you're given once you hit 6th milestone. You also see the sparkle yet no Myconoids and you can click this and progress without them even being there; what's more odd, if they are there even after you save them Myconoids, they won't even get up and walk away either, they just stay there; then disappear only 20-35s later which seems really odd. Clearly something is out of sync with what, when, or where things are to appear?

Blaziers of Avernus (Vallenhaus) Mission also has the same issue, often the Bleazier's are (50%) of the time not seen on fire as they should be, if you wait 30-45s later they may lite up or perhaps not at all; there you don't even see the water being thrown on them just your arms making the gesture too.

Does not Effect: To Rise Up - Rally Disgruntled Commoner's is FINE.

--- ♫♪♫♪♪ -- ♫♪♪ -- ♪♫♪♪ -----------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback: Mythic Poison Thor? This gets cut off and Thorn should be on 2nd line as others are. :+1:
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Hello @avathar#2753 , I really like the new zone and the city! I always like the darkness places!
    I went through the Minor Heroic Encounters (mhe) and Big Heroic Encounters (BHE) to see how they are.
    Here my feedback about them:

Character: Wizard 84K IL, I've start in solo most of them and then I was lucky to be reached by some other adventurers.

The Blood Forge: This was like a nightmare
    The Blood Forge itself seems to have the hitbox not really big, and this makes hard target it especially when adds spawn.
    The Forge Master has TO MANY HPs imo and need to be decreased a bit. Didnt run any parses but it's clear it's the mhe boss with more HPs. I didnt complete because after 4 min fight it was at 80% hp and I got bored lol

Threads of Power: The big Devil is a bit overtuned in damage, most of the time it oneshoted me xD May it has low HP compared to the others mhe boss, completed with another player.

The Horned King: perfectly tuned, completed with other 2 players.

Squish in the Night: perfectly tuned, completed with another player without problems.

Ceremorphis: This is by far my favourite one! Good tuned in terms of Mobs and Bosses HPs, may I will increase a bit the damage. I've start it alone and then a player went to help too (Rogue). We fail it at last boss 60% HP due the time out

Incursion: this seems to be the hardest; unlucly I didnt go to far on this because I was alone and the mobs hits hard here.

I also made a map for the Mini bosses ( https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/12oRu7-yJBa2OZDHG0JnFjFMPjt7IQSLDzPYjOsOsGBU/edit?usp=sharing ).
    They have a 10 minute spawn time; I would suggest to reduce it to not repeat the same thread of Sharandar's Bounties

If you need any specific info about them I can run ACT/Combat analyzer to providing data.

Thanks for your work!
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Also noticed the "Lockdown" bar doesn't show any % like happen for the "Blood War" Bar in Avernus Lands.
    It's possible to add the %?

Would be much easier for players understand how it progress.
    Thank you in advance!

"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Was fighting the Contraband Officer Baelihth as part of the Contraband quest. Got it to around 50-60% health and it just disappears, as in fades out and then nothing more happens. Tried it multiple times until finally around 5th try it worked.
    I think it has something to do with the separation of the rider and the mount as in the try that worked they actually separated while in the failed ones they did not.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    I have had a similar problem with the contraband officer. I would get maybe thirtish percent into hitting him and then he'd go out of bounds and just fully disappear. I havent managed to fully defeat him because he just keeps disappearing. Also my first triggering of the assassin's finding me didn't have anywhere to really hide. It may have been on me not being perceptive but there was no real indication on where someone could hide themselves.
  • Options
    Also no lore portions came up for killing the mini bosses for me.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    I just did the Secret Supplies quest, and the way it goes doesn't make any sense. The supplies are supposed to be SECRET, yet they are anything but. They're in crates out in the open and guarded by loyalists. The supply caches should be in out-of-the-way places, and if enemies show up, it should be only after you check the supplies (i.e. they might have been tipped off and are lying in wait). And, enemies should only show up some of the time. The locations of the supplies can't ALL be compromised, after all. Think occupied Warsaw in 1941 or so. That's the level of secrecy I would expect to be employing.

The character I transferred to Preview has a Cloak of Lesser Etherealness. I was so tempted to use it, and it's a shame that you don't give those out anymore. This city was made for such an item.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    The lore says that Duthcloim surrounds a bazaar. So, WHERE ARE ALL THE MERCHANTS? There should be merchants all over the place hawking their wares, yet there are none to be found. Please add some (no, many) merchants. The district is pretty but has no usefulness outside of quest objectives. It doesn't make any sense and leaves a very empty feel to the place.
  • Options
    muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I just did the Secret Supplies quest, and the way it goes doesn't make any sense. The supplies are supposed to be SECRET, yet they are anything but. They're in crates out in the open and guarded by loyalists. The supply caches should be in out-of-the-way places, and if enemies show up, it should be only after you check the supplies (i.e. they might have been tipped off and are lying in wait). And, enemies should only show up some of the time. The locations of the supplies can't ALL be compromised, after all. Think occupied Warsaw in 1941 or so. That's the level of secrecy I would expect to be employing.

I can't imagine doing this quest the way you described, especially on 15 characters.
    I think I'd be mad if I had to do one quest for god knows how many hours, because the mobs would respawn not only infrequently, but also in random places, while the WHOLE server would be hunting for them...
    I have enough bad experiences with northdark, related to driders or arachnomancers..
    Thanks but I sincerely hope no one will consider your proposal. NEVER.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Have sadly already seen several repeatable quests similar to the driders/arachnomancers in Northdark.
    On preview, they are not so bad, you just have to run around a LOT to find the special enemies you have to kill.
    On live they are going to be a royal pain it the b... with everyone hunting for them.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options

Have sadly already seen several repeatable quests similar to the driders/arachnomancers in Northdark.
    On preview, they are not so bad, you just have to run around a LOT to find the special enemies you have to kill.
    On live they are going to be a royal pain it the b... with everyone hunting for them.

Hear, hear. I describe the drider and anachromancer quests as "Nuisance Quests". It's absurd to send players after a certain number of a specific enemy when that many don't even spawn on the entire map. Such a quest is a nuisance when you're the only one on the map as you have to wait for them to respawn -- now imagine what it's like when you have to compete with other players for them. No quest should be structured that way.