test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Stats dropped from 77,383 to 69892

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 643 Arc User
This is something the developers need to address. Filing a bug report is not an adequate response when money is involved. On entering Neverwinter one morning I notice my character's stats in the part where you choose your toon, was way off. I sent support informing them of this right away, even though my stats still said 75033. I proceeded to switch mounts and change mount powers and bought zen so I could get lockbox keys and got enough insignia powder to refine an insignia-which also upped my maximum hit points- not there anymore either. I was delighted I had gotten to 77,383 which I had been working on for ages. I went to a random dungeon-Tiamat and was defeated pretty early. While waiting for it to end I saw I was down to the stats that appeared on my character when I entered. I was so relieved I had notified support earlier. I then got the usual stupid reply that I must have changed something or some "boons or buffs" expired. I explained once again exactly what happened and how I hadn't changed anything. I got a reply that there was nothing they could do.
I am still furious. Anyhow I spent an afternoon going through my screenshots and found one from a long time ago that was 72,364 or something and one that was 74 something from a few months ago. There were tickets I had made asking why I couldn't get into the VOS or Masterspider when I had gotten to 75 something. In other words there is plenty of proof I was not an 69,892 (which I havent been for months).

Being told there is nothing they can do because it is a bug is pure BS, For one thing there is no away to progress on stats unless I get new gear, and no way to get any good new gear because now Ican't play in those arenas, I cant even get Blasphene gear unless I play in the Master Spider. All I can do is refine insignia and a lot of mine are maxed. I would think someone could add up everything and figure out what my stats are, the times I actually got an increase. Here are a list of some of the tickets where I was told I was just sol basically-nothing they could do submit a bug report. Ticket 844408 new gear should have given me a 100 increase- told it was a bug. ticket 75108 Armor reinforcement should have given me more than 50 told it was a bug.Ticket 728610 My Stats didnt go up after I used 9 Glyphs and 3 coalescent motes-they said the developers said they couldn't do anything about what it cost me or the stats not going up but at least my enchantment got maxxed. WOW

My Ticket page stopped at five. Why? Also I lost 35 Darkomen lockboxed I sent to myself from a toon I don't play with and I got everything she sent me but the lockboxes-changed characters and it was gone from her inventory. Sent a skeletal lockbox and I got that. Does anyone ever fix anything. Like I said oh well its a bug does not work when there is money involved. If anyone has had similar problems please post them here. And even if no one else has I expect this fixed. This is beyone discouraging and frustrating, and Support needs to stop asking questions that were already answered so it looks like there doing something.

If no one is going to fix this, I want all the money I have paid for ZEn back. Fair is fair. I would start with whoever put 69892 for stats on my character.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,270 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Just because you were 77383, it does not mean it won't go back down. "Proving" what you once were is irrelevant.
    Yes, buff expiration is also irrelevant to item level because they change your stat. It does not change you item level.
    There is no boon expiration but if you change guild boon (or guild), it may change item level.
    Yes, support does not know the game. So, whatever they said regarding the game mean nothing to me.

What did you change? No, not just the gear. Did you change mount combat power, mount power, companion power, companion equipment, guild, guild boon, enchantment, artifact, .....?

Which enchantment you upgraded and did not give you item level? Is it bonus enchantment? If it is, it should not give any item level and it is a blessing for those who understand what that means. At least, the tooltip tells you that (by not showing any item level) so it is not mis-information.

By the way, FYI, many chose to upgrade their bonus enchantment first because it does not give any item level.
    For many, having additional stat without increasing item level is a "good thing", bug or not.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I stated what happened plastic bat pretty concisely. I was 75 plus when I started and got to 77,383 (after purchasing zen) I was thrilled with those stats. Did not change anything. The stats dropped. Period. This is a bug or harassment. Proving what I was is extemely relevant. If I changed something that droppped my stats I would change it back right away. I was just showing how I had been more than 69,892 for a long time and how they could check it. I am not debating the other tickets-the point of those is how many times my stats did not increase when they should have and how support just says oh well its a bug. I realize that now about why you would want to upgrade bonus enchantments because stats without item level is a good thing. Do you understand with my stats dropped for no reason and very little left to upgrade I can't get anymore gear,it should be obvious why.

Just now and yesterday when I was almost done with IN to the Tower in the NDR my hands sparked and couldn't finish when I only had a little left. Like I said they need to fix all these bugs, give me my stats back or refund the money I spent on ZEN.
  • Options
    IF the developers want to do something, and I suggest they should want to they should check why my item level was 69.892 at the entry point. I wrote support right away. My item level was still right then. That is where they need to start. I sent them screen shots of another toon where the entry stats are lower than they actually are.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Write down item level of every piece of item/power that has "item level" in the tooltip.
    Add them together + 5000 will be your item level.
    Check them one by one, something was changed regardless you did it or not, intentionally or not.

This exercise would be wise for your current situation and future reference. It is your record. You will know exactly where the item level go or gone.

For them to know why your current item level is 69.892, they will need to do the same exercise. Well, they probably won't.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It's probably a redundant suggestion, but you said Jana that you had to change mounts and mount powers to raise your IL to the new level, could this be a loadout issue that you changed one loadout but not others. You need to apply to all. This is a redundant suggestion though because you probably went through all your loadouts and looked at the IL on each and would have noticed it went up and down as they were changed back and forth. But people need to make sure that when they alter one mount thing, they do it on all other loadouts as well.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    But that's an 8k drop and huge so something is definitely not right, does anyone else here know what would add-up to that much which could be missing?
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    jana#2651 said:

IF the developers want to do something, and I suggest they should want to they should check why my item level was 69.892 at the entry point. I wrote support right away. My item level was still right then. That is where they need to start. I sent them screen shots of another toon where the entry stats are lower than they actually are.

Did you leave your Guild so thereby lost Item Level, or otherwise deselected your Guild Boons perhaps by changing Loadout?

If it's not that you may have taken off an Enchantment, just didn't apply it to all loadouts; or moving Loadouts by accident had old Companions (not upgraded slotted) or perhaps something else. I'd start to check all Loadouts, or see if changing them changes your Item-Level back then apply all Mounts & Companions to "All Loadouts" or ensure all the highest item-level stuff is slotted from Gear, Enchantments, Mounts & each in the stable and their Insigia too, just like which Companion is slotted (may have accidently summoned a less upgraded one, taken off some companion gear, or the Companion (bonus) not to mention the Companion Buff powers (are the correct ones) and fully upgraded too.

That can easily happen if you change loadouts, and don't apply All to Mounts & Companions, and for Character you need to apply each Gear Piece, Enchantment, Overload, etc...

Note: You can also de-slot everything, take off all gear, enchantments, clear companions buff's, etc... and see if that helps too.

-----
    I admit one time I change a loadout & also couldn't understand why my Item Level dropped, it was noticeable and did or couldn't find out why. Then I changed to a loadout with higher item level and applied everything to all loadouts, &/or just take everything off that you can, including changing mount combat & equip powers to something less before changing it back.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    The stats shown on the Character Select screen are wrong and don't mean anything. Someone said it is missing the IL from the pet, but I haven't bothered to investigate it myself.

If you checked your IL after being defeated, but without releasing to the campfire, it also doesn't show the IL from your pet, which is now unsummoned.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitshade said:

The stats shown on the Character Select screen are wrong and don't mean anything. Someone said it is missing the IL from the pet, but I haven't bothered to investigate it myself.

If you checked your IL after being defeated, but without releasing to the campfire, it also doesn't show the IL from your pet, which is now unsummoned.

I think you got it. If my pet is unsummoned (intentionally or by accident or by the game), my character (that I checked) would lose 8200 item level.
  • Options
    I don't use pets. I have never seen a pet here that did anything to item levels. I have one load out for my primary character from last year when I was seeing if wizard arcanist was better than the that-other one I can never spell. Havent used that load out this year. I sure didn't that day, Thank you rockster I will make sure my load out has everything I do, like I said I haven't used her but I think her item level is higher even. I hate playing at 69892, I had been 75 033 for awhile and after watching aragon on Youtube decided to change my mount and mount powers and with refining an insignia got to 77,383. It is discouraging to go through so much effort and not get any help. It's also unacceptable. Ty for your help here. I hope somebody if they are having the same problem reports it here. I so hope the developers give me my stats back-what is plus 5000 for plastic bat after you add up all your gear etc, is that what everyone starts at?
  • Options
    I don't believe this but it looks like I won't be quitting neverwinter after all. I really do love this game. Rockster and Strathkin helped by suggesting to check load out. I didn't use mine that day but by making sure all of my stuff was uploaded to her and then finding out my companion disappeared I got my stats not only back but higher. its 77,733 I think now. There is a bug here, I did not take my companion off, and it is to peculiar how they dropped to 69 from 77 I didn't check to see if my great increase from my hit points I had gotten (for all of 20 minutes) has come back too. In fact why would that have dropped, it was from an insignia. I hope the developers look at all the tickets I posted where the stats were suppose to go up and didn't, that is way wrong. Ty for help everyone here, got none from support or dev, but am happy I can play up to par again. *starwars*
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "I don't use pets. I have never seen a pet here that did anything to item levels."

" then finding out my companion disappeared I got my stats not only back but higher."

How can you say you don't use pets when you then say you got one back?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    Hit points are directly related to item level, so they should come back too!
  • Options
    pitshade said:

"I don't use pets. I have never seen a pet here that did anything to item levels."

" then finding out my companion disappeared I got my stats not only back but higher."

How can you say you don't use pets when you then say you got one back?

I guess he does not know "pet" means "companion".
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,112 Arc User
    Or of the impression that a "pet" is a vanity pet and using it in that context.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    okay thats what I thought a pet was, the pets that follow you around that aren't companions. Like I said I noticed my Ioun stone was gone, when checking to make sure my loadout and I are even. Put it on and got a few more stats then I had when I was 77 plus the last time. I have never thought of the companions as pets. I wanted to ask which pet and where do you get it that gives you 8000. It is real wierd that my item level on the entrance was the same number I ended up at that day, and my companion or enhancement just poofed on its own, They really need to fix the bugs here. Thanks again all.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    jana#2651 said:

okay thats what I thought a pet was, the pets that follow you around that aren't companions. Like I said I noticed my Ioun stone was gone, when checking to make sure my loadout and I are even. Put it on and got a few more stats then I had when I was 77 plus the last time. I have never thought of the companions as pets. I wanted to ask which pet and where do you get it that gives you 8000. It is real wierd that my item level on the entrance was the same number I ended up at that day, and my companion or enhancement just poofed on its own, They really need to fix the bugs here. Thanks again all.

Write down your item level with the companion, A.
    Then, write down your item level after you dismiss your companion, B.

What is your A - B?
    My A - B is 8200. It is NOT one companion that has 8200 item level. It is what you would lose if you unsummon your companion.

If I dismiss my companion, I lose companion item level Contribution (3000 for me) + 3 companion equipment item levels (1500 + 1350 + 1600 for me) + the item level of the first companion power (750 for me). Total: 8200 item level

As I mentioned before, record the item level of every item/power you have. Then, you would know where the item level comes from and gone. There is no magic.
  • Options
    People call companions pets all the time. I'm not one of them but they do. And they called them pets long long long long long before vanity pets ever came along and were introduced to the game. The only way to work out the diff is the inclusion of the word 'vanity'.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Unequipping 1 enchant and reequipping it usually fixes this
    Also treasure hunter boon is the only utility boon that gives rating/combined rating. Equipping treasure Hunter boon and then whatever other boon you actually want will fix that (briefly)
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    masteroga said:

Unequipping 1 enchant and reequipping it usually fixes this
    Also treasure hunter boon is the only utility boon that gives rating/combined rating. Equipping treasure Hunter boon and then whatever other boon you actually want will fix that (briefly)

You did not read the thread. It was already identified. The cause was companion was not equipped.

In addition, it is not utility boons not giving combined rating.
    It is Treasure Hunter boon gives double combined rating and it is a bug.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1262412/stronghold-utility-boons-dont-give-combined-rating
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    Why is this thread back from last February but my bug report of being stuck sometimes ie can only forward, the mouse wont let me go slightly to the left or right or curve like when its working right is gone.? My item level is way higher than that now but I would be so frigging mad if someone invited me to a hard dungeon and all of a sudden the movement isn't working. Please work on that one not an old one that solved!