test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quest 'Restore the Devils Hold Glyphworks' bugged - SOLVED

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
edited January 2023 in Bug Reports (PC)
My mistake, there's two different pick locations. -Solved, credit to @carloswartune#5709

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing this quest, and the pick (for 'find a pick in the ruins') is not clickable, has no sparkles on it and nothing will trigger it, therefore cannot proceed with quest. Done it loads of times, know how it is supposed to go. Image below shows quest and items in background without sparkles on them. I tried the two instances that were running, no change, closed the game and did a force verify, went back in and still the same.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
Post edited by rockster#6227 on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Where you grouped with anyone since you took the quest? There is a particularly annoying bug when a party member grabs the pick and you are far away. The quest does not advance but the object can't be interacted with. Only solution I've found is to drop the quest and change instances before retaking it. If you take the quest again in the same instance it remains bugged.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    It has been a long time since I've done these quests, but if I recall correctly, the location for the pick is different in the first version of the quest (yellow) and the repeatable version.

Per the minimap, you seem to be on the correct location for the repeatable quest. But you have the yellow quest in your journal, so you need to use the other location. I don't remember the exact point but I believe it's on the outer edge of the map, behind one of the walls north of that small Heroic Encounter.
  • Options
    Oh OK, I'll look again. Ty @carloswartune#5709 . (No, not grouped with anyone @pitshade )
  • Options

It has been a long time since I've done these quests, but if I recall correctly, the location for the pick is different in the first version of the quest (yellow) and the repeatable version.

Per the minimap, you seem to be on the correct location for the repeatable quest. But you have the yellow quest in your journal, so you need to use the other location. I don't remember the exact point but I believe it's on the outer edge of the map, behind one of the walls north of that small Heroic Encounter.

Ur quite correct, I went right up the top on the outside and there it is, I'm most grateful. Ty.