test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simril festival fishing event.

tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
Am I being stupid or is there any reason why I can't upgrade my fishing rod from Maple to Ash? I appear to have the required components to do so, but when I hover over the purchase option I'm informed that there is no more room in my inventory! Yet the character I'm trying to do this with has fewer items in the useful items inventory, than other characters that have the required rod already! Could this possibly be a bug?

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I've honestly never bothered, as you can get a green rod from Sea of Moving Ice or Storm Kings Thunder.

Note: Also with Map in a Bottle, found on the AH if you open like 5-10 of them, you're likely to earn an Epic Fishing Rod. Just ensure you protect it if you do!
  • scott302#0801 scott302 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Had a question was not sure been doing a lot of fishing trying to get the vanity patch that drop and while doing so also I was trying to get the epic Rod after finally getting everything I needed to get the upgrade it tells me that I still cannot get it because I do not have enough room in my inventory and his red d out I have both of the old ones the white and green one and have plenty of room in my inventory so I don’t understand. I think it may be a bug.
    I actually just made a post about the same thing. I was trying to get the epic Rod as well, and could not saying that my inventory list to fool with you saying it is definitely a bug.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Greetings,

Can you let me know your account Character'sName@handle please?

edit: merged two threads.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    Killjoy gwf@kill_joy302 PlayStation
  • depaminadepamina Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have the same issue on PC. Can't get the epic fishing rod supposedly due to the lack of inventory space, which I have plenty of.
    Already reported that via in-game ticket, but I was instructed to put a comment in that thread.
    Could you please give me that rod? Chudy@depamina
  • retyhretyh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I had that problem too! But it stopped saying that once i unequipped the rod from my consumables slot (where u need it in order to fish)

Seems like the quick/potion/belt slots are a different inventory and as the 3 slots was filled it gived some problems
  • tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Can you let me know your account Character'sName@handle please?

edit: merged two threads.

Regards,

Hi,
    Character's name is Deadly Knightshade@tradolf
    hopefully you can shed some light on this issue.
  • I found that you need an open slot on your belt to buy it.
    You need to push the big bar until you get to the belt slots
    Then press x and uneqip any item and leave one slot empty, and then you can buy it.
    So very stupid!
  • tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User

I found that you need an open slot on your belt to buy it.
    Then press x and uneqip any item and leave one slot empty, and then you can buy it.
    So very stupid!

Thanks for your suggestion and as you say "So very stupid" as after leaving a space in my belt slots, I successfully obtained the Ash fishing rod at last!
    Cheers.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • jfkruusejfkruuse Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I found that you need an open slot on your belt to buy it.
    So very stupid!

This worked and let me also say how stupid this is. Cheers
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    The team was also able to reproduce this issue internally and will prepare a fix.

In the meantime, the workaround suggested by @michalobit1980#4389 can indeed fix this issue!

edit: the workaround is now displayed on the Home Page.

Thanks for your help!
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    percemer said:

The team was also able to reproduce this issue internally and will prepare a fix.

In the meantime, the workaround suggested by @michalobit1980#4389 can indeed fix this issue!

edit: the workaround is now displayed on the Home Page.

Thanks for your help!

This bug is still in the game. The workaround still works however.