test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coming back after a while - How to level up?

windyplayerwindyplayer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Been a while since I've played and I see a lot has changed. My toons were level 12ish, and I see that they are now auto-leveled to level 20, with new gear, companion / mount and about item level 17000. I recall last time I played that I was able to run some dungeons and those seemed fun. but now when I check the party finder or whatever it's called, I can't run anything since they all require 18000 ilvl or higher. So they jacked my level, but made lots of stuff out of reach anyway? Hummm... Oh maybe I see. Now I see some adventures / stories I can run, but the ones I can do are at the bottom of the list, not at the top of the list. So gotta scroll down to get to the ilvl 6000+ stuff that I can do. Odd that my gear is way beyond that. Oh well should be easy.

So I was able to play the game before and queue with others to play stuff and now with the new systems I've been boosted to higher level, given new gear and but the stuff to do is hard to find at the bottom of the list. Odd... Maybe I'll go try that stuff.

Sure would like to take screen shots tho. Can't see that PrintScreen does anything and can't find that anything is saved. I saw a post from back in the summer about a contest, but the shots are not where it said so.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11522243-summer-screenshot-contest!

If anybody has better suggestions about how to get rolling and how to get shots of my travels I'd be interested.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    All roads lead from Knox. Have a talk with him.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

So Knox is the screenshot guy? Thanks. LOL Seriously. I'll look up Knox.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited December 2022

Been a while since I've played and I see a lot has changed. My toons were level 12ish, and I see that they are now auto-leveled to level 20, with new gear, companion / mount and about item level 17000. I recall last time I played that I was able to run some dungeons and those seemed fun. but now when I check the party finder or whatever it's called, I can't run anything since they all require 18000 ilvl or higher. So they jacked my level, but made lots of stuff out of reach anyway? Hummm... Oh maybe I see. Now I see some adventures / stories I can run, but the ones I can do are at the bottom of the list, not at the top of the list. So gotta scroll down to get to the ilvl 6000+ stuff that I can do. Odd that my gear is way beyond that. Oh well should be easy.

So I was able to play the game before and queue with others to play stuff and now with the new systems I've been boosted to higher level, given new gear and but the stuff to do is hard to find at the bottom of the list. Odd... Maybe I'll go try that stuff.

Sure would like to take screen shots tho. Can't see that PrintScreen does anything and can't find that anything is saved. I saw a post from back in the summer about a contest, but the shots are not where it said so.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11522243-summer-screenshot-contest!

If anybody has better suggestions about how to get rolling and how to get shots of my travels I'd be interested.
    Thanks.

Type ']'. Do the campaigns and adventures. You might have completed some of them before. If you did, you will need to do the 'final' steps to get goodies, AD, Pet, gear, etc.

For screen shot, if you are using Win10, Windows key + Shift + s will allow you do screen shot using the mouse. Then, bring up 'Paint' program and paste (CTRL-V) the image.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

For screen shot, if you are using Win10, Windows key + Shift + s will allow you do screen shot using the mouse. Then, bring up 'Paint' program and paste (CTRL-V) the image.

Thanks. I'll check that out. I'm used to the Print Screen key in games capturing the screen to a folder. Guess not in this game. Even tho the post about the contest says it works. Odd. I guess we can use the Win Games menu [Win G] and click the button for the screen shot. That works just fine.

Thanks again.

• Options
    I solved the screenshot problem. Turns out if the folder is not present, the program just silently fails to store the shot. I created a folder at MYGAMESSD:\Arc\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\screenshots
    and now the screen shots are being saved with the Print Screen key.

Problem solved.

Have a great one.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Thanks. I'll check that out. I'm used to the Print Screen key in games capturing the screen to a folder. Guess not in this game. Even tho the post about the contest says it works. Odd. I guess we can use the Win Games menu [Win G] and click the button for the screen shot. That works just fine.

Thanks again.

That instruction also works.

Edit: did not notice you have an update.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    When people have been gone for more than a year or two I strongly recommend that they take a character - new or old - through the leveling adventures to learn the new systems. As was stated earlier, they give some nice loot along the way as well.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    franciscoperolafranciscoperola Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I strongly advise any player who has returned to the game after a few years of absence to start over and do the leveling again.
    The system, in addition to providing the much-desired AD, also provides equipment, mounts, enchantments, and other precious aids.

I strongly advise that the first character be a Fighter or a Barbarian, so that the second character can be our preferred one.
    The first character, if he does the Adventures, will get 1,400,000 AD, and since he will only spend 400,000, he will help the second with a million AD. Adventures, in addition to AD, will also provide equipment, enchantments, mounts, and much more, which will be a great help.

Now, the Adventurer Seals, provide equipment that we can equip right at level 1 on the second character, as they are linked to the account, (two rings, shirt and pants and two weapons). The remaining equipment (helmet, armor, braces, and boots) is bound to the character.

This is the correct strategy to play, as although the game is much more generous to the player, it is also much more difficult.

Join a guild as often as possible and ask for help if you have difficulty leveling up, especially in end-of-map dungeons.

When starting the character, remember that now there is an essential skill for all classes, Charisma. So don't forget to only give points in two skills, the main one for each class and Charisma. Later you can reinforce the third skill with the enchanted neck and belt equipment provided by the system when you reach level 20.

Follow my advice and you'll be able to beat the game with ease.

As for the screenshots, I advise you to install Steam, as you can take the pictures and they are stored on the Steam server, not taking up space on your disk. The F12 key is what I use to take pictures on Steam.

I make guides for Neverwinter and I take lots of pictures. If you want to consult some class and generic guides, you can download the PDFs in the ARC forum, in the Guides class.
  • Options
    For those who really want more AD, don't 'cash out' the adventure/campaign rAD until you have enough AD bonus (through invocation) to cover it to get 50% more.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User

For those who really want more AD, don't 'cash out' the adventure/campaign rAD until you have enough AD bonus (through invocation) to cover it to get 50% more.

Does this make a difference? I think it just means you get your bonus AD sooner... but I don't think you end up with more AD than if the bonus is applied to later earnings (from random queues etc). You get the bonus in the end anyway...

• Options
    edited December 2022
    mintmark said:

Does this make a difference? I think it just means you get your bonus AD sooner... but I don't think you end up with more AD than if the bonus is applied to later earnings (from random queues etc). You get the bonus in the end anyway...

It does especially if you have multiple characters. I personally do not earn any rAD without AD bonus attached to it. For me, there is nothing applied to 'later' earning. All my rAD earning is always 50% more.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

greywynd said:

No. Knox is where all the quests come from. Talk to him to get restarted with training.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

greywynd said:

No. Knox is where all the quests come from. Talk to him to get restarted with training.
    ;) Sorry I was making a bad joke. I realize what Knox does. ;)
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited December 2022

greywynd said:

Note: PrtScn (PrintScreen) does save but to your Neverwinter Folder:

'x':\Arc\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\screenshots OR 'x':\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\screenshots

or you can read here:
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Console_command

Search on page for 'screenshot' to find other options, or of course just use Windows-PrtScn to Copy image to your Paint Program. CTRL-C (Copy) &/or CTRL-V (Paste) helps paste it of use the paste command in Paint. You can also hit B to clear the UI before you hold Windows(button) & PrtScn as well, then it adds the Neverwinter Logo if you want to use as a Desktop Image.

@plasticbat answered the your question correctly, I wanted to provide a little extra to give you other options as well, also in case you wanted to refamiliarize with chat commands.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    synsoisynsoi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm humbly impressed with the experience & knowledge expressed by the comments above. Having yet to play the game, I've learned a lot. Thanks everyone & Happy Holidays to you & yours.