test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wizard squishiness

graham#6825 graham Member Posts: 1 Arc User
PS4 - Does anyone still find their wizard is really squishy in scaled content? In baby TOS a couple of nights ago and my wizard (Johnny Fartpants) was absolutely destroyed and yes it's a tough dungeon and my stats aren't the greatest in the game, but compared to the group I was with it just felt like there was a "Make wizards squishy" setting in the background that someone had forgotten to turn off!

I find that I regularly have the least damage taken but the most deaths? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Also Arcane Tempest does nothing when slotted in R1. The animation triggers but it doesn't cause any damage.

Answers

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Since the new mod dropped, I've been having issues with my wizard being hurt a lot more/faster than before the mod.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    The wizard has much more dps than before on pve, so he easily steals aggro from tank.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User

The wizard has much more dps than before on pve, so he easily steals aggro from tank.

I have never had to NOT attack so much in my NW time. Doing the Darkness HE in the new mod many times I end up running around like a Benny Hill sketch.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Every DPS class is squishy today. Sometimes my BiS Fighter is one shotted by single mob, but it takes 2/3 hits usually.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

I have never had to NOT attack so much in my NW time. Doing the Darkness HE in the new mod many times I end up running around like a Benny Hill sketch.

We should see if we can get Yakkety Sax piped in down there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Strange, I thought it was nice to see my CW actually pull aggro from others. used to be as long as someone else was there I had nothing to worry about. Know, eh, still pretty much the same except sometimes he has to play tank for a bit like most of the rest of my toons. The only difference is the shield thingy works now so he can actually take a few hits before getting into serious trouble.

As far as not attacking because of aggro that is never an option with me as I know once I use all my encounter and mount powers I wont be doing any more major damage type stuff for the next 10 to 15 seconds anyway.

I think of it terms of the video game "Gauntlet" when the voice-over says "the wizard is about to die" which to me implies I need to just go all out on the offensive before that happens.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    What really works good for the wizard are those food buffs you can get at a level 20 guild, or the Jungle of chult food store in the non jungle part. Those combined with another good potion really help.