test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Traveler’s Treasures and Wanderer’s Fortune leaving?!?

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
edited November 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
Has there been any stated reason why these two insignia bonuses are being removed from the game? And will another power be added to take their place on the mounts that did have them?

Comments

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    I've used wanderer's fortune from the beginning and I remember when a black opal was a rare treat! I guess I'll be reconsidering my insignia choices now. I'm pretty sure we won't be running out of refinement points though :)

BTW, the patch notes are here and this news is under "Mount Insignia Bonuses"
    https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11530063-patch-notes%3A-version%3A-nw.275.20221010a.6
  • Options
    tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I´m kinda surprised too. They were popular. I had 2x Wanderer´s Fortune on most characters. Many event-dropped mounts (Griffon, Snail) offered it for easier progression.

With other insignia bonuses increased, we might see more variety between builds (instead of everybody going for Gladiator´s Guile, Wanderer´s Fortune and Assassin´s Covenant). But still, I wish they had not just increased other bonuses but also added new bonuses (i.e. insignia combinations) instead of removing two, one of which was very common on many mounts. Quite a few mounts offer no good combinations now where they did offer Wanderer´s Fortune at least.
  • Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Indeed, this is a bad news:

But my toons still have it:

I hope we won't lose Wanderer's Fortune.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    Does it work though? They might just forget to change the 'description' of that combination.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Does it work though? They might just forget to change the 'description' of that combination.

Just the description remains, it isn´t dropping any extra refinement.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    But my toons still have it:

I hope we won't lose Wanderer's Fortune.

─┬─┴──┬─┴───┬─┴───────┬─┴────────────────────────────────────
    Yea I mean many Mount Insignia bonus were probably required to update, or at least improve, most were quite weak and underwhelming for sure! This I think will give many viable alternatives to consider now. :+1:

Still I admit, it would be nice to see something offered in place of what used to be there, for the two removed ones.

Even if Wanderer's Fortune was replaced with Controller's fortune, even if it didn't give items, something like a slight critical avoidance, deflect, &/or awareness buff.
  • Options
    bonbonfiendbonbonfiend Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    > @mintmark said:
    > I've used wanderer's fortune from the beginning and I remember when a black opal was a rare treat! I guess I'll be reconsidering my insignia choices now. I'm pretty sure we won't be running out of refinement points though :)
    >
    > BTW, the patch notes are here and this news is under "Mount Insignia Bonuses"
    > https://arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11530063-patch-notes:-version:-nw.275.20221010a.6

If you click this link now, there is no longer any mention of them being removed.

Mount Insignia Bonuses

Alchemist’s Invigoration: The duration of this bonus has been increased to 18 seconds, up from 10.
    Barbarian’s Revelry: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 4%, up from 2%.
    Berserker’s Rage: The Critical Strike bonus now applies at 80% or higher Action Points, widened from 90% or higher. The Deflection bonus now applies at 20% or lower Action Points, widened from 10% or lower.
    Cavalry’s Warning: The duration of this bonus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10.
    Champion’s Return: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 10%, up from 5%.
    Knight’s Rebuke: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 5%, up from 2%.
    Oppressor’s Reprieve: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 8%, up from 3%.
    Protector’s Camaraderie: The Critical Severity and Defense ratings granted by this bonus have been increased to 300 per stack, up from 200.
    Slayer’s Bloodlust: This bonus now grants 1000 Critical Strike, up from 500, and now lasts for 15 seconds, up from 5 seconds. In addition, the buff can now stack, up to a maximum of 5 stacks.
    Survivor’s Blessing: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 5%, up from 2%.
    Warlord’s Inspiration: The value shown by this bonus’ tooltip is now correct, and applying multiple iterations of this bonus no longer has a chance to reduce its effectiveness rather than gaining diminishing returns.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I found it strange that Bigby's hand (a new mount) has wanderer's fortune as one of the options. If they had planned to take it out at this point in time, surely they wouldn't have put it in that mount at the same time it was in a current lockbox.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

I found it strange that Bigby's hand (a new mount) has wanderer's fortune as one of the options. If they had planned to take it out at this point in time, surely they wouldn't have put it in that mount at the same time it was in a current lockbox.

Bigby's hand is not exactly a new mount (for this new mod). It already existed in the lockbox of last mod.

It is not Bigby's hand has that option. It is all mount that can support that insignia combination has that option. Almost all the new mythic mount from lockbox support all insignia combination because they all have 3 universal slots.

i.e. insignia bonus is not "put" to a mount, one by one. It is insignia slots type being assigned to each mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Most of my mounts I looked at still have it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    Since they changed the patch note to remove the statements, I expect it is not a display bug but indeed they "keep" them for now. i.e. either they changed their mind or they had the plan to get rid of them but forgot to do so.
  • Options
    The least would be to replace it with something useful. I would hate to change insignias on all my characters to something that at least offers some sort of bonus. While at it, they could add more insignia combinations instead of removing some of them. You know, adding content (even if it will eventually just establish a new BiS) instead of removing it.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I tested Traveler's Treasures this morning and it is indeed still working.