test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRs in such a bad state

Firstly, I don't play TR.

Secondly, AoE damage is fun but doesn't really matter.

So, TRs are hurting right now. Are they viable, ofc. Are they competitive at ST? Nope? Not even close.

This is such a stinker. Not sure why 3 classes got the raw end of the deal and only got one role, but it happened. And TRs shouldn't be at the bottom of the food chain if they only have one role. Like, really. That is their only job they have in the game and they are underwhelming.

Feels bad for everyone who plays that class. Maybe you can consider giving them an adjustment or a team buff so they will be sought after again for end game.

Comments

• fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Nice parody post, would read again.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Well, to be fair, it could have been any class but it was TRs who got hit the hardest. Was 4th top DPS, but minus 20% damage = straight to bottom tier.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Rogues were not bottom tier before BoA was a thing. Why are they now? Have Rogues who've grouped up with actually adjusted their powers and rotations now that they are no longer relying on BoA procs to be high DPS? Or did they rely too much on BoA as a crutch?

Aside from Bards, there have been no major class reworks in several mods to really shake up how classes are performing. The last class reworks focused on Healing and Tanking.
    Didn't we have a stat rework? If so, maybe that could be a contributor?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Didn't we have a stat rework? If so, maybe that could be a contributor?

Stat rework in M19 did not change class balance for DPS. Everyone benefited from uncapped power for the most part and companions aren't affected by what class you are. Unlike the defense changes that benefitted some tanks over others.
    Not sure why then. They are still decent and viable, but they should be better than they are considering they only have one job in the game.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Just been reading the post, sounds to me like a lot of DPS types are going to complain about the hell pit event being too difficult and based on the recent changes I am pretty sure tanks will have an easy time of it.

But then again it has not even started and I have already seen posts complaining about the scaling which I am pretty sure was there last there as well.

I personally will not notice a thing and in all likeliness it will actually be much easier for me as I now use my overload slots which I never really did until they introduced the dragon hunts and I will no doubt be equipping a blue demon slayer and ward this time around.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited September 2022

Just been reading the post, sounds to me like a lot of DPS types are going to complain about the hell pit event being too difficult and based on the recent changes I am pretty sure tanks will have an easy time of it.

But then again it has not even started and I have already seen posts complaining about the scaling which I am pretty sure was there last there as well.

I personally will not notice a thing and in all likeliness it will actually be much easier for me as I now use my overload slots which I never really did until they introduced the dragon hunts and I will no doubt be equipping a blue demon slayer and ward this time around.

I don't know what the major 'recent' change in the game is regarding scaling or combat between last Hell Pit and the upcoming Hell Pit (this Thursday). People always complains. It does not really matter if it is dps, tank or healer.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yea, give rogues a healing spec!