test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Myhtic Insignia Exchange needs to be in Neverwinter

samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited September 2022 in PvE Discussion
Endgame is enriched by players having more toons at an endgame content stage. Players can explore a plethora of options at endgame easily, keeping them entertained and playing. The Mythic Enchant exchange did wonders for the viability of alts, probably one of the best shifts toward an alt friendly lifestyle in a long time. Mythic Insignia are a Herculean grind. Since the framework already exists, are there any plans to introduce a Mythic Insignia exchange as well?

Failing any plans to make Insignia Dust any more available ie: introducing a Double Dust event, or a Lair grind similar to Dread Ring Lairs with the chance of Enchanting Stones Rank 5 (but in this case with Insignia Dust), at this point in the game, I can see no reason for such a function not to exist.

Enrich your endgame and vitalise your midgame progression players to work towards viable and stable long term rewards for their accounts.

Kind Regards
Sam

Comments

• Options
    jollyrodger#2800 jollyrodger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Barring an account wide insignia system (Which would be nice), I think this could potentially be solved by implementing a load out manager. The most frustrating part of changing toons is spending several minutes moving insignia and collars off of one toon in to the bank and over to the toon you're seeking to play. If players could move the items directly/automatically off of the other toon it would be far less frustrating.
  • Options
    samfandango#1314 samfandango Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    @jollyrodger#2800 I like the idea, but the framework of making mythic insignia bound for the account already exists in the form of mythic enchants. It took long enough to get that and the system you propose would require more work. This approach simply has more traction, since it already exists in the game.

Furthermore, I'm having loadout bugs within the same class as it is, which has been an on and off problem for years. The idea of a loadout manager across toons working consistently is just problematic for the tools this game has sadly.
  • Options
    Until they get their inventory to the level of Bungie's Destiny (one of the few things I'll praise that game for these days), anything involving inventory management, player or developer-supported, should be placed on a shelf in moderation for a rainy day.

I also don't disagree much with OP. I understand most vets will tell new heroes not to focus on that aspect if they're freshly-Lv20 and done with bolster, but both in and out of VIP, bolster is a hard grind while Enchantments will see a more practical reward. When the system turned, I immediately went for the companion enchant, maxed it, and converted it to account locked and, aside of bolster, my comps haven't suffered a shortage on stat amps or damage dealing since. In clear sight, someone who decides they will attach to the game can safely say that they'll have most of what they need for a full enchantment set within a year, baring coal motes (which aren't a bad sink when they're on sale, whether it's through AD or ZEN).

They're also better bartering tools than most gear, and about the only item worth spending unbind tokens on, I've found.
  • Options
    rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User

They're also better bartering tools than most gear, and about the only item worth spending unbind tokens on, I've found.

Are unbind tokens even dropping anymore? It's been at least 3 months, perhaps a little longer, since I've received any from a dungeon chest or as a progress reward.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2022

Are unbind tokens even dropping anymore? It's been at least 3 months, perhaps a little longer, since I've received any from a dungeon chest or as a progress reward.

I got unbind tokens from skirmish and progress reward in the last 2 months. I am not looking for them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***