test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Northdark Reaches Rewards Feedback

cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone,

Thank you for joining us in the Northdark Reaches Preview!

Let’s go over some of the Key Updates and Known Issues for the upcoming campaign!

Key Updates:

Systems
  • Seals of the Dragon have been added!
    • Players will be able to earn 500 Seals of the Dragon a week, up to 1500 by participating in Random: Advanced Dungeon Queue or Random: Trial Queue
    • Seals of the Wild no longer drop from the world, and Seals of the North now drop in their place.
    • Seals of the Wild can be exchanged into Seals of the North at a Seals Trader.
    • Seals of the North are now uncapped.
    • Seals of the North earn values have been balanced so that newer/harder content grants more of it.
    • Dragonbone Vale Faction gear are now purchasable with Seals of the North.
  • In order to reduce the discrepancy between % total stats on newer vs. veteran players - Companion Item Levels have been increased below the Mythic Quality!
    • Companion Item Levels increasing have increased the Item Levels of their stats, companion power item level, and more.
    • Companion Bolster Total and Item Level Contribution for Companions remains capped at 100% or 3000 Item Level.
    • Stats earned by Companion Powers have also increased due to this modification.
Quality Color Old Bonus IL New Bonus IL Old Single Stat New Single Stat Old Dual Stat New Dual Stat Old Tri Stat New Tri Stat
Common White 5 75 .05% .75% .03% .38% .02% .025%
Uncommon Green 50 150 .5% 1.5% .25% .75% .17% .5%
Rare Blue 150 250 1.5% 2.5% .75% 1.25% .5% .83%
Epic Purple 300 375 3% 3.75% 1.5% 1.88% 1% 1.25%
Legendary Orange 500 550 5% 5.5% 2.5% 2.75% 1.67% 1.83%
Mythic Teal 750 750 7.5% Unchanged 3.75% Unchanged 2.5 Unchanged

Other Improvements / Bug Fixes
Some of these changes may have not yet made it onto Preview:
  • The Wondrous Bazaar will be stocked with the Dark Maiden Gear to purchase for testing in a future Preview patch.
  • Overload Enchantments, when they have the same timer, should now be stackable to 99.
  • The Movement Speed Bonus Enchantment should no longer stop functioning and require players to re-equip it after the following actions:
    • Take Revive Sickness.
    • Use Block/Tab powers on a Tank.
    • The Barbarian’s Spinning Strike Daily.
    • Please let us know if you see other powers that cause the above behavior with the Movement Speed Bonus Enchantment!
  • Maiden’s Blade on the Dark Maiden Chest gear now grants 5% damage increase, and doubles to 10% in the Underdark.
  • Eilistraee's Benevolence now grants Recharge Speed, instead of Movement Speed.
  • Bags of Celestial Refining no longer contains Marks of Potency, Rank 2 or Rank 3.
  • Fixes to the Known Issues!

Known Issues:
  • New Rings/Shirts/Pants lack Boost stats.
  • Flawless Ivory Icon of the Companion grants 1200 Incoming Healing.
  • Bards cannot purchase or view the Dark Maiden’s gear from the Northdark Reaches Campaign.
  • The Gauntlgrym Throne Room in the Northdark Reaches Campaign Intro is not counted as an Underdark Location.
  • Blaspheme Knife incorrectly grants 100 Damage, instead of 50 Damage, when equipped.
  • Various typos, miscellaneous text errors, or completely missing text.

How You Can Help

Try out the new content, earn some of the new gear, and create some builds using the higher item level gear!

Good luck, have fun, and let us know watcha think!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:
Bug: The Critical Force Power does not deal 150 magnitude damage when proc’d.
Miku V.
Post edited by cryptic39#8917 on

Comments

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Any chances of allowing the +10k Outgoing Healing boots to be used by classes other than Cleric and Paladin? I'd really like to have this option on Soulweaver.
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Feedback on from a Fighter tank perspective :
    The Dark Maidens Resolution Barbute/ The Dark Maidens Ward Helm : A new and awesome equip bonus (+10% threat generation), but as long as the Manticore's Mane Bite exists in its current form (last seen on the Rugged Sallet of the Dragon Hunter) there is nothing that can replace it. The extreme threat generation from the damage dealt and buff to self healing from the Manticore's Mane Bite totals up to far more than 10% of a tanks threat generation and should be considered the Band Of Air for tanks and adjusted as described in the "Balance Changes: General Direction" forum post.

The Dark Maidens Resolution Plate/ The Dark Maidens Ward Curiass : 3% damage is irrelevant for tanks compared to the massive defensive stats one can get from alternative items for this slot. (Forest Guardian's chestpieces or Rugged Mail of the Dragon Hunter. Even the new seals chestpiece, Dragonsteel Cuirass has an equip bonus that will outperform the Maiden's Blade bonus as it will provide a bigger damage bonus (6% power + 6% combat advantage) or an equal damage bonus (6% power) and a defensive stat (6% Deflection)

The Dark Maidens Resolution Vambraces/ The Dark Maidens Ward Guards : I do not understand the logic behind having an equip bonus that relies on critical hits on tank armor. The Charged At-Will and Resistance Rune equip bonuses on the Dragonsteel gloves both outperform the Dark Maiden gloves. +15% damage to an at-will with "increased threat" modifier is A LOT of threat generation, making the 150 magnitude AoE every 15 sec (depending on crit chance) not even worth considering.

The Dark Maidens Resolution Greaves/ The Dark Maidens Ward Sabatons : As long as tanks have the option to equip the Ghosted bonus (+20% HP and 3% defense when critically struck), there is no other option. The Ghosted bonus should follow the Band of Air to nerf heaven to open up for alternatives like this one.

In the unlikely event that we get to see changes to equip bonuses before release, I would love to see some of the lackluster equip bonuses changed to something that provides awareness, damage resistance, incoming healing, passive healing or even passive threat generation.

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User

Any chances of allowing the +10k Outgoing Healing boots to be used by classes other than Cleric and Paladin? I'd really like to have this option on Soulweaver.

To clarify, by 10k boots they mean the new seal boots which have different bonuses for each class. Although it might be a far-fetched idea I'd like to have these boots get their class restriction entirely removed. Currently they present as following:

Rogue/Ranger/Bard/Cleric:
    5k def out of party/10k acc in party

Wizard/Warlock:
    def/Csev

Warlock/Bard:
    forte/Crit

Barbarian/Fighter:
    def/CA or cavd/Defl

Paladin:
    cavd/Defl or forte/OH

Cleric:
    forte/OH

They are, arguably, one of the most unique boots added to the game to date and it's a shame to see so many being restricted to only 2 choices - or even just one - per class. Rogue and Ranger could definitely use the Critical Strike or Combat Advantage boots while Bard and Warlock healers would absolutely love getting 10k Outgoing Healing.

Worst case scenario, there should be at least 3 choices per class. Here's my proposition for class layout as it doesn't outright overflow the store but also gives actual choices to classes according to their paragons:

Rogue/Wizard:
    def/Acc or forte/Crit or def/CA

Ranger:
    def/Acc or forte/Crit or def/Csev

Bard/Cleric:
    def/Acc or forte/Crit or forte/OH

Warlock:
    def/CA or def/CSev or forte/OH

Barbarian/Fighter:
    def/Acc or def/CA or cavd/Defl

Paladin:
    forte/Crit or forte/OH or cavd/Defl
  • Options
    muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User

Warlock:

A bit of a poor proposition for warlock :)
    I would suggest yes, however:
    Warlock
    forte/CA or def/CSev or forte/OH

• Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Since no one mentioned it yet: The companion gear binding status.

Up till now there were two possibilities:
    entry level - not bound, binds on equip to Chararcter
    high-grade - bound on pick up to Account

New companion gear binds on pick up to character. This variant is new and unique, which is unnecessary. In terms of practicality it is as well significantly inferior to both of previous possibilities. (to the point that while previously I was gearing up all alts, this mod I might gear up my main - but no promises)

Please, consider changing the binding status to BtA.
  • Options

Warlock:

Warlock

The issue is boots with CA give def out of party. I want to keep original design while splitting the boots somewhat even.

• Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    can we please have an option to buy the new gear from the wondrous bazar on preview? I can't really test the new gear when I actually have to grind to buy a single piece.
  • Options

Warlock:

Warlock

The issue is boots with CA give def out of party. I want to keep original design while splitting the boots somewhat even.

Ah. So, all other dps classes will have forte plus offensive stats and warlock def. Indeed logical and with preservation of the original.
    Then maybe for tr, hr and cw also give def?
    To make it fair for a change?
  • Options

Warlock:

Warlock

Ah. So, all other dps classes will have forte plus offensive stats and warlock def. Indeed logical and with preservation of the original.
    What do you mean? You realize out of party these boots only give def or forte and in party only the 10k rating included? Out of party best boots will still be primal boots because nothing will beat 3% AP gain on kill in solo content. Besides... worst case you can swap to healer boots. Out of party same result, +5k forte.
  • Options

Warlock:

Warlock

What do you mean? You realize out of party these boots only give def or forte and in party only the 10k rating included? Out of party best boots will still be primal boots because nothing will beat 3% AP gain on kill in solo content. Besides... worst case you can swap to healer boots. Out of party same result, +5k forte.
    And so I will be changing them every now and then.
    Tell me what's the point in that? Why, according to you, the only class to which the damn forte is not due is sw? I simply corrected what you wrote, which is logical and in line with all other dps class bonuses. You negate it. I understand that you don't play sw, but no exaggeration.
    Besides, not everyone plays both dps and heal at the same time.
    According to you it is fair to buy shoes twice?
  • Options
    Alright, so I don't really know where to put this.

There's another thing that has come up and it's about older items, will you make them much more accessible? Like Ring of the Shadowstalker for collectioners? I spent two years in Fane weekly on two characters until I got it.

How about Forger's Box? Not everyone has time to farm or wait for insurgencies every day for like 25 days to get maximum rank and then there's also the issue of abhorrent RNG with insurgency boxes and Bel's store box.

Any chance that we see Alliance Battle Horn back in any event? All things considered, it's still one of the most powerful belt slot items.

Any plans on making the stacks on gear pieces with HP based hit requirement refresh their duration upon obtaining a new stack?

Last question I am putting in here as it seems as if Balance thread was no longer responded to. Here, we too, haven't seen much dev activity, although I did notice some buffs to current item roster in the Northdark collections. If we could get some closure on those questions, I - and the rest of community - would be grateful.
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Why is the gear you get from farming the latest and presumably hardest dungeon of a lower quality tier (legendary) than gear that can be easily obtained by farming dragon hunts (mythic)?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    We cannot re-activate Midnight's Malady from the Eilistraee's Grace Ring! For example when I attack with Oath Strike on the Paladin it will immediately activate, but if I continue to attack with Oath Strike, the bonus does not re-activate after it expires, despite continually using Oath Strike. Even using another power does not trigger the effect after the initial activation!

This is the same issue that the Vistani Set has!
  • Options
    grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    /Feedback

Console with a higher Field of View would be the best quality of life improvement we could ever get.

• Options
    grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    /Feedback

Already pointed out, but the dungeon loot has horrible bonuses for Tanks and Healers. I doesn't need to be better than the dragon hunt gear, but at least give us options for those ones who don't wan't to grind Dragons or want to grind the new dungeon. Satisfaction can't be the only reward factor.

Head Piece

DPS

1% Ap on kill -> Change to 3%

We already have this bonus in the Chult boots, so just replace with that.

HEALER and TANK-> The 10% bonus needs work as a tread multiplier (just like encounter) and a divinity/mana/soulweaver multiplier regeneration (just like Divine Glow and the other encounters)

Chest Piece

5% damage to enemies who are not facing you->TANKS AND HEALERS can't make use of this piece. tanks will be always facing enemies and healers don't contribute to a lot of damage.

TANK

Suggestion: Change the bonus for tanks to take 3% damage less damage when you get hit by 15% of your HP, doubled in Underdark. This could easily go up to 5% (10% in Underdark) and get the condition reduced to 10% of your HP. Plus, ther's already various piece of gear with this bonus, easier to change.

HEALER

Change the damage bonus to 5% healing, NOT outgoing healing (there's enough sources of that already).

Arm

10% chance of dealing 150 magnitude hit-> Very underwhelming. Reduce the cooldown to 1-3 sec for DPS and TANKS and fix to proc on all crit attacks (or it'll be even more useless on slow classes).

HEALER

Change to a magnitude heal.

Feet

5% it's not a lot anymore with the huge diminishes we're getting but's not the worst. If possible increase to 7.5 on all bonuses.