test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bards, Why no damage magnitude on any Daily power?

lincoln105#9990 lincoln105 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
While buffing is important for a Bard, Songblade Paragon should have at least one Daily that does some Magnitude of damage. Inspiration does give a lot with a small heal.but there is no reason to use any other Daily in my opinion. compared to Rogue Dailies all can be very good in single target and AOE.
The Bard's daily Encore replay your last song without depleting performance gauge.) Seems very weak. Anyone using Encore or Lore Dailies over Inspiration

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

While buffing is important for a Bard, Songblade Paragon should have at least one Daily that does some Magnitude of damage. Inspiration does give a lot with a small heal.but there is no reason to use any other Daily in my opinion. compared to Rogue Dailies all can be very good in single target and AOE.

I am not a developer, but I want to say it's intentional design to differentiate Bard from other DPS classes.

The Bard's daily Encore replay your last song without depleting performance gauge.) Seems very weak. Anyone using Encore or Lore Dailies over Inspiration

Lore in general is a weak and overestimated daily, but can have a very niche use in trials for the -10% Critical Avoidance debuff on target if you aren't selfish.

As for Encore ... it trades short term damage for long term flexibility. If you aren't in one of those speed burn teams or aren't going to instantly kill the boss in the next 10 seconds, I would seriously consider Encore to help cover your nonexistent Performance regen.

Sometimes, you don't get lucky with the integrated Musician's Flow and your next played Ballad takes 100 Performance instead of 50. Using Encore during these moments helps you constantly keep up Ballad of the Hero and gives you enough breathing room to comfortably keep up both Ballad of the Hero and an elemental song.

• mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Take a ridiculously overpowered class and ask for even more damage. That is what this post is asking.