test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Tiamat Trial In June

This was the only downside to D&D Direct.

They're going to Demogorgon Tiamat.

Yes, Demogorgon is a verb now. It's like when you wrap your car around a telephone pole, and then spin off a cliff, then skip across the surface of a lake like a skipping stone before coming to rest in the living room bay window of the Director of the FBI...and through all of that you're still holding the crack pipe in your hand.

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.

Tiamat is one of the only things left that is truly a spectacle, and truly FUN, and hasn't been either archived or ruined.

I WANT TO BE WRONG IN MY CYNICISM.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Tiamat has already been downsized and imo ruined. It's a joke now, no threat of defeat. Tiamat is a literal goddess and her avatar should be a lot more formidable.

Oh noes, snoot bumps and breath attacks! The Mother of Dragons deserves to be feared.
  • Options
    destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    It's gonna be odd when there will only be 2 trials in the rtq
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    The actual tiamat is fun? woaaaaaa really?

Different players different fun concepts.

I think the best they can do is to leave actual tiamat in RTQ to not destroy the fun for some players (and the farm for RAD) and add a new Trial for players that need a challenge to have fun, and usefull rewards. Out of RTQ
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Tiamat in its current state is but a joke. Reduction from 25 players was reasonable since - well - your real enemy then was FPS and ping.

I will keep saying this, git gud. RTQ =/= free AD. Want free AD? Go do UM expeditions, RSQ, RDQ. Not the advanced queues.
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Hope for the best, expect the worst.
  • Options
    We'll all know how it is in a few weeks, but I do know that there will be a master version as well as a normal one.
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

I think the best they can do is to leave actual tiamat in RTQ to not destroy the fun for some players (and the farm for RAD) and add a new Trial for players that need a challenge to have fun, and usefull rewards. Out of RTQ

I couldn't agree with this more.

In a perfect world, this is exactly where they would go with this.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Tiamat in its current state is but a joke. Reduction from 25 players was reasonable since - well - your real enemy then was FPS and ping.

I will keep saying this, git gud. RTQ =/= free AD. Want free AD? Go do UM expeditions, RSQ, RDQ. Not the advanced queues.

Couldn't disagree more.

While there should be a chance of failure, this is a game after all, the Random Queues aren't a place where that chance should be as high as it is in many cases. Tiamat is the only Random Queue where recent changes haven't made failure a likelihood unless there is someone randomly selected who can do outrageously high DPS.

It shouldn't be a requirement to have a player in your random group who has spent insane amounts of either years or dollars on this game. Random queues should be playable and winnable (there's a difference between "winnable" and "guaranteed win") with an actual random group that fits the queue's parameters. Right now, that is not the case.

I was in a group the other day playing Cradle. At least half of us clearly knew what we were doing. All of us, obviously, met the queue's requirements. We didn't have a snowball's chance when we reached Acererak, because "git gud" didn't help us with raw damage output when it came to the combination of his stats and the Soulmonger countdown. It's not a matter of skill at that point; it's numbers, and the numbers you need to win dwarf the numbers required to enter at the door.
  • Options

I am all for making rAD more difficult (or time consuming) to get. Just gotta make sure the experience is engaging. The current state of being able to get 50k+ rAD from 5-10 minutes of work is rather broken for game balance.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    I could list over 100 things that need to be fixed before doing another rework, that from experience, from previous reworks will be riddled with issues
  • Options

I could list over 100 things that need to be fixed before doing another rework, that from experience, from previous reworks will be riddled with issues

At least we've known since Demo rework that Tiamat was going to be reworked next, and considering the Module theme, story, and not to mention leaving Avernus (Tiamat's home) in a power vacuum, it makes perfect sense why Tiamat is getting a power boost.

Devs are told to create new content they can't change that, it's were the resources are, and if they can rework stuff along the way that fits with what they are doing, then it will get more resources. If they just try and fix other things without having the resources to properly do so...it will just end up being half baked.
  • Options
    > @arazith07 said:
    > At least we've known since Demo rework that Tiamat was going to be reworked next, and considering the Module theme, story, and not to mention leaving Avernus (Tiamat's home) in a power vacuum, it makes perfect sense why Tiamat is getting a power boost.
    >
    > Devs are told to create new content they can't change that, it's were the resources are, and if they can rework stuff along the way that fits with what they are doing, then it will get more resources. If they just try and fix other things without having the resources to properly do so...it will just end up being half baked.

Honestly IV given up, no point wasting time explaining why your defence of this recycling content is frankly wrong, cryptic have the resources to fix their game and if they don't they they should shut off the lights, there is so many major issues with the game in its current state that they should have absolutely fixed even long before the demo recycling.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

I am all for making rAD more difficult (or time consuming) to get. Just gotta make sure the experience is engaging. The current state of being able to get 50k+ rAD from 5-10 minutes of work is rather broken for game balance.
    Why does everyone pretend there isn't a 45-minute wait before the 5-10 minutes of work, and at least a 50% chance of failure for any number of reasons?
  • Options

arazith07 said:

Why does everyone pretend there isn't a 45-minute wait before the 5-10 minutes of work, and at least a 50% chance of failure for any number of reasons?
    Because most people do other things while waiting in queue? If you are having a 50% chance of failure in Tiamat...you are in the minority.
  • Options

> @arazith07 said:
    > At least we've known since Demo rework that Tiamat was going to be reworked next, and considering the Module theme, story, and not to mention leaving Avernus (Tiamat's home) in a power vacuum, it makes perfect sense why Tiamat is getting a power boost.
    >
    > Devs are told to create new content they can't change that, it's were the resources are, and if they can rework stuff along the way that fits with what they are doing, then it will get more resources. If they just try and fix other things without having the resources to properly do so...it will just end up being half baked.

Honestly IV given up, no point wasting time explaining why your defence of this recycling content is frankly wrong, cryptic have the resources to fix their game and if they don't they they should shut off the lights, there is so many major issues with the game in its current state that they should have absolutely fixed even long before the demo recycling.

Those in charge of Cryptic are the ones saying to make new content and allocates resources towards that. Cycling new players is what gives them money, more than player retention does. This isn't the Devs themselves that are ignoring problems, they are being told to work on new content. This is like a store owner telling the cashiers to asks all these questions at checkout despite the customer not liking them, because it affects the store's bottom line.
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I hope they don't change the music.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

Because most people do other things while waiting in queue? If you are having a 50% chance of failure in Tiamat...you are in the minority.
    You took this to random queues.

And no, most people playing this game don't have a lot to do while waiting. You can't walk away because your game will time you out during the long wait. You have to hover around a screen, checking in every ten minutes or so, until at least 30 minutes, and sometimes more than 60 have passed.

It's not like you can just click on a queue and then go watch a movie until it comes up.

And if you're having better than 50% on random trials in general, you're not talking about random trials.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Deleted.
  • Options

arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

You took this to random queues.

And no, most people playing this game don't have a lot to do while waiting. You can't walk away because your game will time you out during the long wait. You have to hover around a screen, checking in every ten minutes or so, until at least 30 minutes, and sometimes more than 60 have passed.

It's not like you can just click on a queue and then go watch a movie until it comes up.

And if you're having better than 50% on random trials in general, you're not talking about random trials.
    No, I mean something else in game. Like stronghold dailies, campaign weeklies, crafting, etc. Why would you just sit and do nothing while waiting? If you truly don't want to wait or have nothing else to do, you can also just queue as a healer or tank and have no wait time.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    > @arazith07 said:
    > Those in charge of Cryptic are the ones saying to make new content and allocates resources towards that. Cycling new players is what gives them money, more than player retention does. This isn't the Devs themselves that are ignoring problems, they are being told to work on new content. This is like a store owner telling the cashiers to asks all these questions at checkout despite the customer not liking them, because it affects the store's bottom line.

Have you contacted gearbox? I have, they are leaving neverwinter entirely in the hands of cryptic Devs, not ask them for new content not asking for anything to be fixed, gearbox are doing nothing for neverwinter except own it. So again the Devs could be choosing to fix things before pushing recycled content likely to fail
  • Options

> @arazith07 said:
    > Those in charge of Cryptic are the ones saying to make new content and allocates resources towards that. Cycling new players is what gives them money, more than player retention does. This isn't the Devs themselves that are ignoring problems, they are being told to work on new content. This is like a store owner telling the cashiers to asks all these questions at checkout despite the customer not liking them, because it affects the store's bottom line.

Have you contacted gearbox? I have, they are leaving neverwinter entirely in the hands of cryptic Devs, not ask them for new content not asking for anything to be fixed, gearbox are doing nothing for neverwinter except own it. So again the Devs could be choosing to fix things before pushing recycled content likely to fail

This has nothing to do with Gearbox, Cryptic by itself is a company, with a CEO and a bunch of upper managers that takes home a lot of the profits after Gearbox's cut, while Devs and even lead devs get whatever salary they do earn.
  • Options
    > @arazith07 said:
    > This has nothing to do with Gearbox, Cryptic by itself is a company, with a CEO and a bunch of upper managers that takes home a lot of the profits after Gearbox's cut, while Devs and even lead devs get whatever salary they do earn.

> @arazith07 said:
    > This has nothing to do with Gearbox, Cryptic by itself is a company, with a CEO and a bunch of upper managers that takes home a lot of the profits after Gearbox's cut, while Devs and even lead devs get whatever salary they do earn.

> @arazith07 said:

Same old excuse, same old pass the buck, all your doing is defending a dead horse, whatever dude you keep telling yourself it's the bosses. Doesn't actually effect my point just wasting my time with a pointless finger pointing discussion.

Fact - there is well over 100 things that need to be fixed before cryptic continue their recycling content...end...
  • Options
    liwu#1332 liwu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Pls explain how you make 50k+ rAD in 5 minutes? (apart from the fact that the limit on refining is 100k a day). There is the advanced dungeon that gives you 40k plus whatever there is in the chests. But it takes 20+ minutes of queuing and another 15+ minutes (depending on what group you get) of running it. And you can do it only once a day.