test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We Want PvP back in the game

savageking#4502 savageking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Do you have future plans for PvP in Neverwinter? Because there is a lot of people who could come back to game / be more active if u did some changes to pvp. Right now we don't even have Leaderboard, we can't see our statistic and there is 0 rewards. People are doing that for fun, because they still will do that. So please thing about it and do something to pvp in this game. Could be nice if u added some of new rewards not overpowered like before it can be for example: Legendary insignias / rank 1/2 enchantment and maybye some gear that could be usefull.

Comments

• Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I can answer this, almost certainly they don't have any nearby plans for PVP. What has been happening for years is Cryptic tries to get some PVP plans in motion and they essentially tell us they are floating X mod having some PVP changes. Then it gets put on the backburner. Cycle rinse and repeat. We saw this with mod 20/21, then mod 22/23, mod 24/25, ect.

Last time I heard any news regarding what Cryptic said on community streams about PVP, it was essentially that they aren't looking at PVP for the near future.

I no longer keep track of the news, I quit back in Febuary, so its possible someone can find a more recent Cryptic stream or reddit quote about it. Devs stopped responding to PVP players via discord ages ago, mods probably do still respond to players but rarely are allowed to tell you anything useful. Cryptic is allergic to promises of substance and prefer to keep things as vague and noncommittal as possible, assuming the people you ask are cleared to talk to you about the topic you ask about at all. I mean, its in the name, Cryptic's messages are well, Cryptic.

I'm fairly certain though that PVP changes have been pushed beyond mod 24/25.

It is purely up to the community to keep PVP alive, Cryptic won't lift a finger most likely.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Implementing a leaderboard and desirable rewards is a good worthwhile move since it will increase the PVP population and make it so matches pop of their own accord again, but on the downside it will also lead to an increase in the PVP community's toxicity.

Probably Cryptic won't safeguard their reward system properly so it would be farmable for low effort again, which will draw back in the players who don't actually like PVP and are only in it for the money.
    Kicking behavior will also come back from the dead since they likely won't remove kick votes from PVP.
    Average player skill thankfully would go back up a little bit at least since having matches happening on the regular would give the new generations of PVP players more practice than is available to them right now.

The good news is if Cryptic does anything for PVP, they are likely to remove most or all forms of gear/other PVE stuff from PVP, they had been considering introducing something similar to chicken PVP is why.
    If they cut the gear out but let us keep the existing classes instead of making playable champions, then this actually could work. If they try to do the champions, PVP will probably be a quick flash in the pan and then near dead again. There is a snowballs chance in hell of Cryptic making suitably well made and engaging PVP champions that will hold people's attention long term.
    They also cannot allow people to change their class throughout the match like they did for chicken PvP, that mechanic is a big part of why chicken PVP was only viable as an event.

PVP probably won't be as toxic as it was last time good rewards/leaderboard was around, because the old crowd's short term goals from the old season system have been derailed for a long time now and they won't be tunnel visioning on shallow goals as much as before. They have been busy living their lives.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Please can we have the leaderboard back and some rewards so that we can try revive PVP- so many players wanna come back if PVP is alive again
  • Options
    walidhanswalidhans Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think PVP is now in a balanced status, a lot more than in the past. As an exp. PVP player you adapt your build and stats to current module and that's it, I build more defensive against the current meta of Tunnelvision, I survive 3 Tunnelvisions, it is about learning the current meta, dying, dying and keep coming back with a new build and new tactics. In my opinion there is nothing need to be changed in PvP at all. Every class can be strong if u master it correctly. Just bring some cool rewards for playing PVP and maybe the leaderboards with ranking, so people can do it to earn something, this should fix at least the stucking queue and bring more people instantly to PVP. The combat system on NW is so unique. Please bring PVP backkkk,
  • Options
    tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Make PvP match system the same rule of pve. Must have on a team a Tank, a healer and dps., It Will help a Lot PvP Works again ..
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Tanks in PVP don't work the same in PVP. Aggro is just a thing that players can choose to ignore. If anything players will avoid the tank until last due to their survival kit. Not all of them provide team buffs either. So why will requiring a tank help PVP?
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Make PvP match system the same rule of pve. Must have on a team a Tank, a healer and dps., It Will help a Lot PvP Works again ..

Have you pvp'ed before?? Not only in this game but elsewhere too??

PvP is not PvE. Even if tank use aggro/threat abilties,, players can simply ignore tank.. This is not tab target rpg mmo game, where you can force players to change target to tank.

Other thing, pvp was never gone from this game.. It was always here.. But the problem is that,, in time it was used just as additional place to farm enchantment realated stuffs. Lot of fights where planned in advance, and all fights where just formality. Even scoreboard was nothing more but a joke.

And other thing, the very way how each class is build, simply make it impossible to balance pvp.. Not mentioned how much gear influnce fights.. The real pvp in neverwinter online ended with mod 6 and mod 7 release.. After that, all become just stat/gear benchmarking fiesta.. Also the class disbalance is so in your face, and it's reaso why players do not participate in pvp's..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    zapline258zapline258 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    I do miss the old days where pve ans pvp gear was separate and pvp had its own pvp stat to balance things roughly. Not the best system but at least you had an advantage using pvp gear versus pve gear.
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Please can we have PVP back in the game which means at least some rewards so we get the nrs ... pvp in neverwinter is tons of fun so please give us the opportunity to have some ...please ????

so many players are asking tat pvp be resurrected

Please answer the cry devs ??

dont understand why such a fun part of the game is being ignored ...its really sad