test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do something about Dragon Hunt IL requirements

janhow#7164 janhow Member Posts: 27 Arc User
I understand for private runs I don't care if there is any requirement. For random queue Ancients it should be 50IL. IL isn't a good requirement, but the game has so many money making modifiers it's all you can use. I'm getting crucified with AWFUL 30-40 IL getting bumped up with HAMSTER gear and stats. Bad enough 50IL will have the craptastic Dragon Bone Vale gear. I'd run with my guild but 90% of them aren't able to run ancients either. Also for random queue limit it to 1 modifier. You thought people would use good judgement doing this? Miserable IL wanting to run T3x3 modifiers... And just remove the Black Dragon if you can't fix it. I'm just about ready to say the 2 pieces of gear I want aren't worth it and bail on this mod.

Comments

• Options
    kirkh59kirkh59 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Storyboard of NW : at the base it's a free-to-play which turn on a pay-to-win, which became now clearly a pay-to... play.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    If you don't want to queue with certain types of people, make a group before queueing up. Why should we put a gate on content that players are able to complete at much lower item level than what you are suggesting. People have done "naked runs" on Ancients showing that you can do these at any item level. Not to mention, players with "miserable IL" get SCALED UP, just as players with higher than 55k iL get scaled down.

What is wrong with the Black Dragon? Yeah some of the mechanics can be frustrating, but it's not broken as far as I know.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Is Ancient Dragon scale content? If so, I thought IL does not matter in scaled content. People has been complaining low IL has better performance than those who have high IL in scaled content because it is easier to have better stat combo in low IL.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    for the 3 player hunts I have been running randoms mostly, My toons are in the 55 to 60K range. The only time I have ever had a problem is when people expect me to play through without modifiers. I personally will just sit there and wait as I know why I queued up for it in the first place and not using hunt modifiers for it does me no good. (In my opinion, doing any dragon hunt without a modifier to try and get the extra item drops is a complete waste of my time so just sitting there and waiting is fine with me as it amounts to the same thing!)

For the adult dragon hunts, in terms of IL, I do not check because I presume it does not matter when I am there. It may be a bit arrogant on my part but then again most of my runs have been successful. Also, when choosing modifiers for randoms I always go with the two easiest which is increased power for minions and "Easily Irritated".

For ancient, I have only done that with the active alliance I joined a few months ago as I determined it was time to remove some of my toons from the dead alliance/guild that all my other toons are currently still a part of. I refuse to even try to solo queue with a random group for Ancient as I presume it is a guaranteed failure.

As far as the Black Dragon I do not see the problem really that just means it is the toughest one to beat on Ancient followed by the Red and the other three I just consider those to be the easy ones.
  • Options
    janhow#7164 janhow Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Obviously I'm playing a different game. Aren't other random queue IL requirements higher. As for 5 naked players, that's about 2% that could do that. I'm sure someone or a few have solo'd ancients, that's just as irrelevant. Correct, IL scaling shouldn't matter. So we need Devs that can check stats, buffs and all the other factors... (definition of impossible). I'm clinging on to a broken game, I know.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User

Aren't other random queue IL requirements higher.

RQ requirement is based on the highest IL restriction among the dungeons within the queue group. The toughest one usually is not scaled.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    My first run I tried to tank and it was rough, I will admit that. My second run I went heals and we got through it just fine. Both were random groups. (Edit: might have been a factor, too, that the first was black and second red)

They are definitely doable at lower item level, but the difficulty spike wasn't what I expected from the small jump that is shown in what's required. Ancients add the tank-busting bites + wildly harder aoe powers. I'm assuming the bump is because healers/tanks aren't required in the adult hunts, but still - I think knowing the mechanics, and how to play your class, is more important than item level here.

I got wiped as tank because I was not expecting the hits to hurt nearly as bad as they did. It would be nice if there was a way to prepare for those, but I'm not sure that there is considering there's no party requirements on adult.

TLDR; more ancients are prob failing because you very abruptly need to know how to play your class well
    Post edited by starrlight#7491 on
  • Options
    victusvahnfirevictusvahnfire Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Agree with OP...

The New Mod is a Grind & the battles are to difficult for casuals...

Random Ancient Dragon Ques are now Time Sinks as OP said.

You have Undergeared randoms who allow the quest for gear to hinder their own chance of success with modifiers lol.

Que up for an evening of play and catch 1-2 fail runs and that’s a wrap.

Wasted an hour plus of your time with zero reward, common sense leads one to log off and do something enjoyable...

It’s already a Grind & when you attribute the Fail / Success ratio we are currently seeing in the Random Ques it is just... Not Fun.

If a game isn’t Fun... then what’s the point?
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    I have tanked the adults and ancients multiple times now both geared and ungeared the scaling isn't the issue with rate of success, I understand the feeling that the issues must be connected to scaling but its not, the things that make the biggest difference is your artifacts, mount abilities and just general mechanic knowledge.
    Yes it can take a little longer but it also might not mostly depending on if your running decent debuff artifacts and mounts, yes the black dragon is the hardest to beat but not because of IL, just purely because it has some serious mechanics you need to watch out for. In terms of the biting it makes no difference if I go in at 20k or 60k, the bites do the same amount of damage, which in ancients, yes is equivalent to being hit by a truck, but in both cases your relying on the healer to be reactiv. again tested with healer at 20k and 60k again barely makes a difference.
    Sometimes the black and white dragon are more aggressive and relentless and other times it can be pretty chill but again it's not the IL that is making it difficult it's the dragons numbers and mechanics. The bite attack combined with certain aoe combination is just instant death for many tanks regardless of IL only thing that going to save you is a reactivate healer, and yes if the tank drops in a ancient dragon than everyone starts dropping like flies as itshould be imo. My request wouldn't be to change the IL requirements but to change how much certain attacks hit for, like the bite mechanics if that was toned down slightly would make it more survivable for tanks which would result in less failed runs. That said they have already nerfed the green and blue dragons, removing their bite altogether which not going to lie Im very happy about, another factor they should look into is arena size as yes the white black have smallest arenas which makes their aoes feel worse because there less space to work with from the start.
    Well that's my two cents they do not need to change the item level just the actual damage numbers or arena size or both, and they don't need to make it so only 1 modifier gets used, I happen to random queue all the time because I want the random queue system to succeed but I would have less incentive to run random if only a single mod can be used. So no please and ty
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Suggestion: Raise Adult Dragon to 38kIL and Ancient Dragon to 58kIL.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2022

Suggestion: Raise Adult Dragon to 38kIL and Ancient Dragon to 58kIL.

Well I'm not sure what's changed, yet Black seems harder now even without Modifier's, previously I could run him with 3 Hard. Think they Stealth buffed all Ancients on Thursday! So have to believe something changed on Thursday patch a.18 perhaps? I wouldn't do any more than 2 (3rd Tier) Hard's at most on Black, and maybe 1 Medium (3rd Tier) or less. You can still likely run 3 Hard's if entire party over 65k, or only Extreme yet only if entire party is closer to +75k or equivalent buffs.

I mean it's fine offering Young at 18k, I would have thought initially, they'd have been better to limit Adult to 35k at least similar to Adv Dungeons, then perhaps limit Ancient to 50k given the gear it gives. As it would encourage others to gear up as they progress, yet the decision they made to allow everyone to try, so that's likely not going to change.

Agree with OP...

The New Mod is a Grind & the battles are to difficult for casuals...

Random Ancient Dragon Ques are now Time Sinks as OP said.

You have Undergeared randoms who allow the quest for gear to hinder their own chance of success with modifiers lol.

Que up for an evening of play and catch 1-2 fail runs and that’s a wrap.

Wasted an hour plus of your time with zero reward, common sense leads one to log off and do something enjoyable...

It’s already a Grind & when you attribute the Fail / Success ratio we are currently seeing in the Random Ques it is just... Not Fun.

If a game isn’t Fun... then what’s the point?

And yes I'd kind of agree with this, especially as more casuals become less interested. I suspect it's not the item level that's the challenge as Master Yoda said. It's the level of hits many Ancients do even without Modifiers, that is discouraging the willingness to try. Many 20 level Guilds have problems even finding members who active.

I think the challenge since the reduction from Level 80 to 20, that also see's Enemy dropping far less Gold, Silver, or Copper that drops from defeated Enemy. At 75-80 you'd even see Giants in Sea of Moving Ice or Cold Run sometimes rarely drop a Gold; now at best maybe 15-35 Copper or maybe 50-75 if you really lucky!

It be nice if some more Heroic's offered some Silver, maybe a few Gem's too to all area's. Elemental Evil area's & Icewind Dale still drop them, yet there the only ones, and even they could add a few Silver too!

*sigh*

Sometimes the black and white dragon are more aggressive and relentless and other times it can be pretty chill but again it's not the IL that is making it difficult it's the dragons numbers and mechanics. The bite attack combined with certain aoe combination is just instant death for many tanks regardless of IL only thing that going to save you is a reactivate healer, and yes if the tank drops in a ancient dragon than everyone starts dropping like flies as itshould be imo. My request wouldn't be to change the IL requirements but to change how much certain attacks hit for, like the bite mechanics if that was toned down slightly would make it more survivable for tanks which would result in less failed runs. That said they have already nerfed the green and blue dragons, removing their bite altogether which not going to lie Im very happy about, another factor they should look into is arena size as yes the white black have smallest arenas which makes their aoes feel worse because there less space to work with from the start.

Yes I'd agree, especially given their AoE's are often so large an area, and no where to escape, let alone very limited time to do so.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    kirkh59 said:

Storyboard of NW : at the base it's a free-to-play which turn on a pay-to-win, which became now clearly a pay-to... play.

Pay to win what, exactly?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    As I said, I think they did a stealth buff to all Ancients on Thursday with a.18 update. I used to hold black with 3 Hard's Modifiers, yet now even 1 (3rd Tier) Medium Modifier's, and 2 Hard (3rd Tier) Tanks can be almost wiped with one Critical Hit. It might be fine if Healer's focus on the Tank first, and watch for the Tank if he goes does to revive; the vast majority do this job very well. The 3 other players have watch out for each other more if they go down. This is also why many tanks also share Healing with Shield of Faith to extend healing to other players, as most healers focus their single target heal on the tank when they get wacked good.

It takes teamwork, and if tank dies, someone needs to take aggro away quick, so tank can be revived, use potion and take it right back.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    Many will now only limited Modifiers on Black now to 1-2 (3rd Tier) Mediums, or 1-2 Hard (3rd Tier) will likely result in 1 or 2 failed attempts unless entire party is above 60k at least or equivalent buff's...

...you can still do 2 Hard (3rd Tier) on most Ancients since Thursday, yet is best to do at least One (3rd Tier) Medium at least since a.18 update. I'd also limit Hard's (3rd Tier) especially if 1-2 party are low 50k item level, or even less. Also wouldn't be doing too many Extreme's unless the entire Party is 70-75k or closer to maximum buff's now!

Still Item Level does make a difference, despite many don't think it does.
    ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

*sigh* Before you could at least have fun, it was challenging, yet would advise most avoid Extreme Modifiers now! o:)
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

I understand for private runs I don't care if there is any requirement. For random queue Ancients it should be 50IL. IL isn't a good requirement, but the game has so many money making modifiers it's all you can use. I'm getting crucified with AWFUL 30-40 IL getting bumped up with HAMSTER gear and stats. Bad enough 50IL will have the craptastic Dragon Bone Vale gear. I'd run with my guild but 90% of them aren't able to run ancients either. Also for random queue limit it to 1 modifier. You thought people would use good judgement doing this? Miserable IL wanting to run T3x3 modifiers... And just remove the Black Dragon if you can't fix it. I'm just about ready to say the 2 pieces of gear I want aren't worth it and bail on this mod.

tumblr-ni7gng1-Eyl1u4oc78o4-500-1

You went to pugs q and complain that they are not well geared? Kinda amusing complain.
    The dragon hunts are not desing with aiming to high or end game playerbase. This is aim for all spectrum of playerbase. Dragon hunts act as bridge for players who don't have good gear to get better ones.

Other thing is that, as far I know you where not put on chain and thrown in dragon fight, you have option leave anymoment.
    Even before dragon fight when party get in waiting place, you decide do you want fight dragon or leave group.

Don't like pugs and low IL players in ancient dragon fights? Perhaps time to use private q?? In Zone/LFG chat you can always find players who making private q's.

When I do q for pugs, I accept fact that other players would have less than good gear. That's how it always where since old days, and it is same now.

Remember, game does not run arround any x one person, we all just part of game..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I agree, the IL requirements should be adjusted. There should be a clearly stated maximum acceptable IL. People who are sabotaging their performance by having combat enchantment, companion gem and pointless mount collars should be banned from public queuing.

/sarcasm off ...it is a scaled content, IL does not play a major role there. The choice of skills and bonuses does, the player's abilities as well. But that is not reflected by IL in the slightest.
  • Options
    iL has nothing to do with success or fail. It's more to do with how a player plays the game. Are they taking the action part of the game into consideration or are they just standing in all the bad areas to stand in or not using their skills as they are supposed to? Sure stat% matters, but that really only affects how fast the Dragon's health goes down. Healers can easily keep the tank up as long as the DPS don't use up the healer's resources, provided the tank can keep aggro, which is a matter of skill usage and timing.
  • Options
    rikitaki said:

I agree, the IL requirements should be adjusted. There should be a clearly stated maximum acceptable IL. People who are sabotaging their performance by having combat enchantment, companion gem and pointless mount collars should be banned from public queuing.

/sarcasm off ...it is a scaled content, IL does not play a major role there. The choice of skills and bonuses does, the player's abilities as well. But that is not reflected by IL in the slightest.

IL is a reflection of player Ability. A 70k IL has to be earned. What would happen if those with 24k - 50k IL were allowed to play in the Tiamat Epic Trial at 24-50k with no scaling. Scaling only harms those above the scaled level by downgrading their abilities and what they have earned.
  • Options

rikitaki said:

IL is a reflection of player Ability. A 70k IL has to be earned. What would happen if those with 24k - 50k IL were allowed to play in the Tiamat Epic Trial at 24-50k with no scaling. Scaling only harms those above the scaled level by downgrading their abilities and what they have earned.
    70k iL characters can be bought too. There are plenty of 70k iL characters with crappy stats as well. Stat % matter way more than iL does, especially when the majority of content is scaled. In fact, in scaled content, those 24k-50k iL players may actually out dps 70k characters, especially if they only go for gear with iL instead of equip bonuses.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User

rikitaki said:

Sorry but this couldn't further from the truth, IL doesn't reflect ability at all, its easy to be an IL chaser, however being good requires a brain that can think about stats rather than just chase the highest item level, iv seen some pretty bad 60-80k players who don't know Dungeon mechanics and who can't even perform their role properly, after having access to all content IL becomes a handicap to bring players onto somewhat equal footing. If there is a problem with a dungeon it's not because of IL requirements, it's a case of player skill.and knowledge.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited July 2022

rikitaki said:

70k IL can be bought and is often bought when the player values his time more than his money (both directly from Cryptic and in some form of pay to "carry") - have you noticed there is the Zen market? Might be an enlightening experience to check it out.
    24k player would be slaughtered in the new Tia without scaling, but with scaling it would be possible to pull it out, because...
    ...scaling not only downgrades those above, but upgrades those below too. (it is there to level the field for all participants)
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

...scaling not only downgrades those above, but upgrades those below too. (it is there to level the field for all participants)

...badly.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options

Sorry but this couldn't further from the truth, IL doesn't reflect ability at all, its easy to be an IL chaser, however being good requires a brain that can think about stats rather than just chase the highest item level, iv seen some pretty bad 60-80k players who don't know Dungeon mechanics and who can't even perform their role properly, after having access to all content IL becomes a handicap to bring players onto somewhat equal footing. If there is a problem with a dungeon it's not because of IL requirements, it's a case of player skill.and knowledge.

“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    greywynd said:

rikitaki said:

...badly.
    Yea I'd agree it's a blend, it also does play a role, despite some don't think so. The item level does make a difference, still that decision has been made. If someone who is 25k runs a Young Green 18k Dragon it might take +30 minutes, still someone closer to 50k be perhaps 15m. You saw many at the start, saying they took more than 30 minutes to fight a Young Dragon...

――♫♪♫♪♪――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――♫♪♫♪♪――
    Yes sure some higher item level use lower gear, with better buffs. Everyone has different goals as well, it's not for one person to judge another's choices. Still most 1225-1260 Armor can earn without too much effort like Vallenhas, while others requires a bit of luck if it's a drop from Dungeon; those can take a few weeks, depending how lucky or focused you are.

Some also aren't interested in chasing older gear, they want more challenge of using the new gear, as it makes fights more relevant too! It actually takes more skill, not less, to use the more current (higher) item level stuff, even though the buff received may be less. It's likely because most claim they want more challenge, yet you still have (many) running around in lower item level gear; as their focus is different, being singularly on damage delt. It's why Cryptic always reevaluates over time, looking at whom wears what, and why...

There is nothing wrong with that either, were all different.
    ――♫♪♫♪♪―――――――――――――――――――

I just would have thought they'd open Adults at 35k similar to Adv. Dungeons, as that makes sense as a normal progression. Then maybe at least limited Ancients at +45k (Similar) to Dragonbone Vale. That was my only thought, yet they are unlikely to change this after the fact, and they likely did this to give something new to everyone; so I don't see any wisdom in debating this.

Still I'd hope most limit Hard (3rd Tier) Modifier's to 1, or 2.
    ╘ substitute at least 1 Easy/Medium depending how much lower than 55k party members are. <3
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Want fastest Dragon hunt runs, join new custom chat for players who have Band of Air. Consider BoA cult chat.

It will be fastest your Dragon hunts, all with BoA, quick melting dragons hp, less seconds wasted with pugs who don't have them..

Sorry for sarcasm.

But It's amusing when someone try consider that due higher IL your hunt will be shorter.. I give you example, I can take Dragon_vale weapon at legendary rank, put some random high IL gear. This will show that I have over 70k IL. Yet it will be poorly build up, not even properly optimised. I don't even want to speak about companions, some may pick highest ranked ones, even though it may give no benefits to him..

While other player with lesser IL, may have optimised his build, Use mirage set, use companion which provide additional dmg increase against dragons. Maybe use companion which buff party members over all dealt dmg ( Drizzt Do'Urden),, or lets take lion companion.
    I may not use high IL artefact set, but use let say, Apocalypse dager set. Which when you hit crit apply debuff and make boss take increased damage by 1% , ( stack 4 or 5 times).
    Or I may use Lantern artefact to again improve over all whole groups dealt dmg.

Remember, this is still action combat RPG MMO game. To fight ancient dragon require Team Work. It's not a gear/stat benchmarking simulator.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I think the comments, and even more importantly, the examples provided by @hadestemplar#9918 and others give a good idea of what it means to have a high IL but not a "well provisioned" character. I know that I have done both--i have the combat gem to boost my IL, but at the same time, I have passed up 1600 or higher IL equipment if the bonus doesn't improve my damage--for example: some of my toons still use the +5% damage boots with an IL of 1250 (i think) rather than the 1600 or more for the newer equipment. Several pieces of equipment have better bonus on them than the higher ranking IL stuff bought with Wild Seals. Necklace/Belt sets with the artifact also need to match the type of toon--I don't have the Mythallar set on several of my toons because the bonus makes very little sense. It tends to mean at least a 400 or more reduction in IL.
    And strangely enough, I typically make use of the "lesser" artifacts because they tend to provide great party damage buffs (think apocalypse dagger, lantern, wyvern, etc. that cause debuff to the boss). What does surprise me is how few people in any pug run, not just dragon hunts, don't use their mount debuff powers.

I remember when you could, in a bad group with no coordinated attacks, run Lostmauth and die in the scorpion section multiple times only to get slaughtered by the dragon. Yet in other runs, using a coordinated attack, could one or two shot the dragon. While that style of play has been minimized considerably, it is not completely eliminated. Proper teamwork and gear still help make the run more successful.

All that said, I still hate scaling. :D
  • Options
    rikitaki said:

rikitaki said:

70k IL can be bought and is often bought when the player values his time more than his money (both directly from Cryptic and in some form of pay to "carry") - have you noticed there is the Zen market? Might be an enlightening experience to check it out.
    24k player would be slaughtered in the new Tia without scaling, but with scaling it would be possible to pull it out, because...
    Zen market has been SNAFU since 2014. Their only "solution" is to inflate the currency without reducing the Zen Cost of purchases e.g. keys that were 125 Zen when 100 zen were worth 20,000 AD should now be worth 30 Zen when 100 Zen is 75,000 AD.
  • Options
    yamayamayaamaayamayamayaamaa Member Posts: 27 Arc User

I'm clinging on to a broken game, I know.

I feel you on that. :'(

I love this game so much but I don't know if there is anything that could fix it.
    «‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

948658.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Zen market has been SNAFU since 2014. Their only "solution" is to inflate the currency without reducing the Zen Cost of purchases e.g. keys that were 125 Zen when 100 zen were worth 20,000 AD should now be worth 30 Zen when 100 Zen is 75,000 AD.

Such comment brings me sensation of Déjà vu.
    In past we had exchange rate 500ad for 1 zen.
    Then some "Clever" players started suggest solution, just like what you have wrote. And where telling that ZAX issue would be fixed with it.
    Have it ? nah. the issue only increased.

So question, why repeat same flawed idea?

@aslan3775

Well, lot of players here, simply forgot how to play mmo games. For most think it's all about high IL and show off their personall dps. Yet mmo is not about that. It's about teamwork.

One player may bring Lion companion which provide damage increase, other bring Drizzt Do'Urden which ability is increase allies outgoing damage. Some may bring companion which provide debuff and make enemy take more damage.

Some bring artefacts which maybe slighly lesser IL, but provide over all dmg increase for all party. As example here is list of artefacts for party content like ToMM/Zariel trials.

Halaster’s Blast Scepter : single target, stun + damage, reduces target’s damage resistance by 15%.

Wyvern-Venom Coated Knives : deals damage around you, poison for 10s, poisoned enemies take 12% more damage and deal 12% less damage.

Frozen Storyteller’s Journal : deals damage in a 25' radius area. Also with all Tales : stuns enemies for 3s (plus Control Bonus percentage), summons 3 ice dwarves that fight for you for 20s, reduces incoming damage by 10%, increases you and your allies' damage by 10% for 15s.

Lantern of Revelation : deals damage to foes around you, increases the damage they take by 10% for 10s. Also lets you see hidden targets 10' further.

Charm of the Serpent : attacks enemies in a cone in front of you, increases damage against them by 10% (thank tooltip inconsistency, it's written 16% both Legendary and Mythic but it's really 8% at Legendary and 10% at Mythic).

Heart of the Black Dragon : deals damage to up to 7 enemies in a line in front of you and inflicts a damage over time for 6 seconds. Enemies take 10% additional damage for the duration.

Token of Chromatic Storm : summons 9 chromatic meteors that will strike near your target’s location after a brief delay. Each meteor deals damage to nearby enemies and has a special effect depending on its damage type. One of them increases damage taken by the target by 10% for 10s.

Thirst : lunge forward, deals damage to enemies, enemies hit take 10% more damage for 10s (difficult to handle because of the movement, which can be cancelled to avoid being in front of the monster, not recommanded if you can use another one).

Sparkling Fey Emblem : creates a field that buffs nearby allies and debuffs nearby foes. Enemies take 5% more damage, while allies gain 5% Defense and 5% Critical Avoidance (actually a decent damage mitigation, around 5.2% total damage mitigation for damage dealers), for 15s.

Vanguard's Banner : gives 5k Power and Critical avoidance to allies, and foes take 5% more damage (though it's written that they gain damage resistance...), for 30s in an area.

Flayed Storyteller’s Journal : deals damage in a 25' radius area. Also with all Tales : adds a stackable effect when you attack (after 15s, your next attack deals 5% additionnal damage and reduces your targets' Critical Strike by 400 times the number of stacks), stuns enemies for 3s (plus Control Bonus percentage), summons an intellect devourer that fights by your side for 20s, increases your Deflect by 10% for 20s, and increases you and your allies' Recovery Speed by 10% for 20s. .
    Gustave Le Bon.