test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experience point/progression cap?

anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
edited July 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been questing/killing a ton of things for a couple of hours in Dragonborn Vale, Avernus and other places and my progress bar has not moved past 12%. Is there a daily cap? Is this borked?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    There's a cap.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Is it capped for rewards per day, or percentage per day , or other way ?
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    ksell said:

Percentage across account
  • Options

ksell said:

Percentage across account
    I had checked my other characters before posting and they were still able to progress on their bars; it was just my main that was not. I force-verified too before checking again. So if the cap is per character, I wonder what it is.
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    If I recall correctly, the cap is 100% (1 reward) per character. The bonus from the double progression event does not count, so you can get up to 200% (2 rewards) per day while the event is active.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Can't be per character, so many times now when I reach a arbitrary limit on one character that's it no other character earns progress points, I only have 5 characters and no the game literally will not let me earn 1 -2 rewards per character per day, I wish.
  • Options

Can't be per character, so many times now when I reach a arbitrary limit on one character that's it no other character earns progress points, I only have 5 characters and no the game literally will not let me earn 1 -2 rewards per character per day, I wish.

For what it's worth, it worked yesterday. When I could no longer earn on my main, I switch to another and earned a progress reward on that one. I switched to another and was earning progress on that one until I logged off.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    As far as I know, the cap is per character and not per account. When one character stopped to progress, I could go to another one to continue. I also do not know when the daily reset time is. I assume if one switches to another character and its daily reset has not happened, that character won't progress.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I assume daily reset is the same as the general daily reset - which in the UK is either 10am or 11am depending on British Summertime or Grenwich Mean Time
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I wish everything that was daily reset at the daily reset time. Somethings still have that 20 or 24 hours later HAMSTER.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.