test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make bone devils ribcage worth farming for again. now it is obsolete

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
Simply why would you waste your time trying to get the ribcage?, it's been replaced by a much easier to get item, anyone can get the new item making the ribcage obsolete. Yet the ribcage if far more a challenge to get a hold off. New players will skip straight to the dragon hunts and not waste any time trying to get the ribcage. My suggestion, seeing a the ribcage has lower item level, if you don't need the item level from the new replacement the ribcage could have a bonus like +7.5 movement speed or something like that, just to make it feel worth getting over the new higher item version. So you trade the extra item level for speed, or something like that. Give the ribcage an incentive.

By removing weapon damage ALL weapons in the game became viable again and people chased all older zones for them. Same can be done for items like the ribcage, give it something that makes it a little more unique from the newer replacement item that you can get without any real time or difficulty.

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Old gear always get obsolete at some point. Thats how MMOs works.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    That's not how MMOs work at all, that's an obsolete opinion. I started a thread about removing weapon damage to make older gear worth using as the gear just goes to waste and new players rush past it all or just don't need to get it because they move onto the next area/zone asap to get the end level gear, i said long time players have a reason to revisit old zones again etc. The thread is still open, what happened a year later, they removed weapon damage and everyone old and new went farming older zones for gear, for use or for transmutes, it added so much more variety to the game the the older zones were active again.

Where is the written rule that in MMOs all gear MUST become obsolete?, well they brought the old artifact weapons back so you're proven wrong there. It's a good idea, like removing weapon damage. I'm not saying ALL early zone gear should have this treatment, but when a piece of gear is a hell of a task to get, yet NO ONE will ever even bother to get it, no reason too, it's a wasted zone, wasted piece of gear and a pointless farm, or from your point of view, good design...

Giving the ribcage something different, just one thing, means players who want a bit of movement speed(or what ever the added effect would be) over item level means the zone is alive again, variety is added, the hunts are back on IF the player wants that added benefit on the item, maybe they prefer the newer item for the item level boost and ease of getting.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    This game has vertical progression, where new content tends to make old content obsolete. Other games, like GW2 have horizontal progression where all gear has the same stat value just different combinations or skins. Now some items do survive several mods, but should not be expected to last forever. With the lack of skin varieties, and the sense of progress that NW players claim to love, I don't think a horizontal progression of gear would work without some massive man power effort put into the game.
  • Options
    dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    If the question is reversed for the sake of reason. Why would developer make an item from old content worth to farm? What is the use of new content then. I can understand people still grinding old content for the sake of collection in order to get more variety of fashion transmute or people who loves to wear old content gear to tweak their tooons for fun on scalled content. But make a gear from old content as one of the available BiS and or farmer making large ridiculous profit out of old content as source of income is not good for the game progression overall. We got enough of that with Mirage.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    It's totally normal to have things become obsolete in games and especially this game get over it dude. What you going to go for legion guard? Or lionheart? I mean even ribcage itself would have made something obsolete when first came into the game power creep is standard in majority of multilayer games that's just how it is so no there's no need to make the old rib cage relevant again, so what no one is farming avernus anymore no more getting scammed for coal Ward's.
  • Options
    Again, the ribcage is different, it is a lot harder to get. Like the old artifact weapons i suggested the same to make them worth using as it's variety, the majority disagreed and said what most of you are saying. Yet when they implemented it it turned out to be good, and everyone was farming the old weapons again, why should they all have been left to be obsolete?. Now again, NOT ALL GEAR, but in this case the devs/designers who worked on Nightspine, the hunt, the npc who gives you the nightspine lure, the lore in the game about it, the art for the lures, the area, the reward etc you are saying, just remove it all, it's obsolete because everyone will skip it to get the newest piece. I agree, old gear becomes old, but some gear like the ribcage is still newish, it's still one of the hardest gears to get.

I don't understand why like when i posted about removing weapon damage, so many people are against variety, options, against keeping zones active. Those saying "what would be the point of going for the newer gear', well that's a petulant remark, the reason is the newer gear has higher item lever and in this case is more attainable by everyone without much effort. So adding an additional thing to the ribcage which has a lower item level and stats means you can decide if you want to item level or the extra thing the cage offers seeing as it is harder to get.

But okay, maybe i am terrible at design ideas(except my weapon damage removal was implemented), but to me this is good, it's adding to the game. If Cryptic release patch notes and on them notes is "ribcage now has X effect" people will be going back and forth between dragon hunts and Avernus, the zones are alive, people will be deciding between rib or newer piece, item level vs effect etc. A couple more mods down the line and yes, THEN rib would be more obsolete and i wouldn't expect or even suggest a change to it, but right now it could add to the game. Truly the ribcage is a mythic piece lol.

Oh and also, they buffed all the artifacts don't forget... and made the old artifact weapons usable again... so that kinda goes against your rules on an MMO. Because if it were up to you, no artifacts would have got item level buff, no old weapons would be usable.
  • Options
    Artifacts got buffed yet majority are still obsolete, and again I say let the avernus hunts die, between the scammers and the RNG no thank you
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Just let all the old zones die then if the Game is just about getting the latest gear.
    The boons don’t make much difference.
    The story is patchy and mostly gone.
    New players can just level to 20 and start dragon hunts for all the best gear and all the old content can just disappear.

That’s what the games become.

People with the newest best gear also don’t want old gear to be relevant in any way.

Shame.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Just let all the old zones die then if the Game is just about getting the latest gear.
    New players can just level to 20 and start dragon hunts for all the best gear and all the old content can just disappear.

People with the newest best gear also don’t want old gear to be relevant in any way.

Shame.

Except that you need older gear to be able to get the hardest BiS gear to get. There should be a progression of gear in a vertical gear progression game.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Shame.

First of all, majority of zones are dead and have been for a long time, places like the sea of moving ice, barovia, chult they are all dead zones people only go there to complete campaigns and on the odd occasion to farm something for cosmetic purposes and that was before the dragon hunt system dude. Now as for new players being able to access the dragons, majority are not going to be able to do the ancient or will take a good while before they can, even with being scaled up if you don't have certain end game items than your going to struggle alot to get the mythic gear, so as a new player you have choices sure you can try to farm the latest and burn up a ridiculous amount resources for a new player or you can go focus on other things to work your way up.
    People can just level to 20 than go work towards the best gear dude that's been a thing for so long now, everyone tells new players get 20 as soon as you can than go to valenhas and avernus to work towards your BIS gear even before level20 was max that was the case.
    It takes many months of grinding to hit endgame to have companions and mounts and enchantments and insignias up to legendary-mythic so what if some are able to get some decent gear within a month at least you don't have to worry about RNG and scammers with this new system.
    Everyone complains about new players in Trials and advanced dungeons even though the required item level to enter is really low now at least they have some access to some stuff that's going to help them out alot in the long run.
    People with newest gear don't want gear to be relevant in anyway this is a ridiculous concept. It's not that anyone who has latest gear want all the old gear removed some has its place In the progression system some doesn't. Moaning that new gear makes old gear irrelevant will say to the devs we dont want new gear, and say we want BiS gear to only be acquired by the top players makes new players come in see a ridiculous grind that yeah many will be like nope this isn't for them. I know so many dps who quit because they needed the ribcage to be decent dps and the grind for the ribcage was too daunting for them now they can get that gear without worrying about RNG and scammers. It had its day now its time for it to go the same way as all the other gear from all the other locations which is it still exists and if you really want it you can go get it if your willing to put in the grind but yeah you don't have to. I don't see what there is to be crying about with this except those who have lost their place to scam others
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    “It had its day now its time for it to go the same way as all the other gear from all the other locations which is it still exists and if you really want it you can go get it if your willing to put in the grind but yeah you don't have to.”

So you’re saying you don’t need to play the older content.

There is no progression in the game past 20. It’s fast track to get the best gear so it’s fast forward and grind the newest content and forget the older campaigns.
    They are no longer relevant.
    Which is sad because they were fun.

They had to make an event to force folks into RTQ.

I’m not chuffed about anything. I don’t care the mirage set suddenly was good again but OOOH the whinging from the end gamers.

The OP asked to make the old ribcage relevant still. It is hard to grind out and should be at least worth the effort. Sorry you got scammed trying to buy your way through it. I did the grind to avoid that.

Seriously in the long run it doesn’t really matter the way the game has evolved.
    No story, just newest shiny.

By the way, Chult was an amazing campaign and it’s beyond sad that the grind for those weapons is still WORTHLESS as they are STILL BROKEN and never to be fixed.
    Because they are no longer relevant to to current meta.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

“It had its day now its time for it to go the same way as all the other gear from all the other locations which is it still exists and if you really want it you can go get it if your willing to put in the grind but yeah you don't have to.”

So you’re saying you don’t need to play the older content.

There is no progression in the game past 20. It’s fast track to get the best gear so it’s fast forward and grind the newest content and forget the older campaigns.
    They are no longer relevant.
    Which is sad because they were fun.

They had to make an event to force folks into RTQ.

I’m not chuffed about anything. I don’t care the mirage set suddenly was good again but OOOH the whinging from the end gamers.

The OP asked to make the old ribcage relevant still. It is hard to grind out and should be at least worth the effort. Sorry you got scammed trying to buy your way through it. I did the grind to avoid that.

Seriously in the long run it doesn’t really matter the way the game has evolved.
    No story, just newest shiny.

By the way, Chult was an amazing campaign and it’s beyond sad that the grind for those weapons is still WORTHLESS as they are STILL BROKEN and never to be fixed.
    Because they are no longer relevant to to current meta.

Yeah nah I wasn't stupid enough to get scammed, and yeah how you described the game is pretty much how the game is, yeah may be sad but that's what cryptic have decided to do no point moaning about just move on and find something else to enjoy. Personally found the chult campaign quite boring they all run the same formula at the end of the day go to a place do repeatable find some hunt parts if you want the gear if you don't just spam out the dailies weekly and what ever and move on. You never going to make something that requires ridiculous amount of RNG relevant if you have an option by passes the RNG unless you do same thing remove the RNG, which would have huge out cry from all those that did put in the ridiculous grind. And not to be rude or anything but this whole thread is moaning most likely from an end gamer so yeah kinda a moot point again. The new Ribcage has exactly the same stuff as the ribcage from avernus except its slightly higher item level so the ribcage is still relevant it just has a different name and is easier grind without the RNG and the possibility to be scammed so yeah sorry moaning that the ribcage isn't relevant isn't really true.