test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Make loadouts changeable anywhere outside of combat.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
As the title suggests, I feel like loadout slots, while it was a great addition many moons ago, would be even more relevant if they were available to change anywhere.

One reason for this is that in normal combat, AOE is typically the most used loadout, however for mini bosses and bosses, it's often more advantageous to switch to single target loadouts.

Some bosses don't have campfires right before, and none of them have after to switch loadout back and forth. I feel like the loadout system would be vastly improved by allowing this at any time.

Also many players may purchase more of them in order to switch boons and such (like movement speed bonus/mount speed bonus/revive sickness boons. This would allow more fluid transitions during different types of content without having to constantly search for a campfire, or clicking through tabs to change gear/powers/boons.

Thoughts?
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I think they should a least allow switching out of combat if you have VIP. Just like how the praying works.

There is no real reason that I can see to not allow us to switch anywhere out of combat. I keep running into the same scenarios every time. Either I have to play some content with the wrong loadout or I have to spend the time to find a campfire and waste my time. Both options are annoying and ruin the fun.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    In dungeon run away in certain range, get out of combat switch loadout, rush back to fight.
    Once you die and right at moment use resurection scrool, you are considered out of combat, so you swap loadout.

Need more examples how it would be exploited?

In dungeons are enough campfires, where you can change loadouts.
    In adventures zones, most of times you will use AoE cuz there are not tough enemies which would require change loadout for single target.

So why you need this feature, to be able swap loadouts each time you are out of combat??
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2022

In dungeon run away in certain range, get out of combat switch loadout, rush back to fight.
    Once you die and right at moment use resurection scrool, you are considered out of combat, so you swap loadout.

In adventures zones, most of times you will use AoE cuz there are not tough enemies which would require change loadout for single target.

So why you need this feature, to be able swap loadouts each time you are out of combat??

So what? What do u gain by that exactly? As long as the cooldowns is 0 it makes no difference if you can switch loadout.. There are plenty of dungeons that dont have campfires before and after a boss fight. CN for example.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited June 2022

Well, if you consider that an "exploit" then we have different definitions of exploit. If you swap powers or artifacts, or even weapons that you already have available, in the middle of the fight, it doesn't really offer you any advantage if you think about it mate. Most of it you can do already by swapping during fighting. Maybe gear swapping could offer you some advantages, but tbh, there was a time a long time ago when you could do that lol.

The point is, most people wouldn't be doing that in a fight, the main advantage of a "loadout" is swapping abilities and gear. It doesn't reset cooldowns on items such as artifacts or useable items. So... I don't think it's the issue you'd like to make it out to be mate, sorry.

Also, the very first thing I said was counter to your "In dungeons are enough campfires, where you can change loadouts." statement, and most of the players I play with agree with this sentiment, so perhaps you should poll some others?

It's a QOL improvement, and if you don't like it, fair enough, but it would actually improve gameplay, make swapping more fluid, and *likely* wind up selling more loadout slots so... win/win/win imho!
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    You know, from now on when I see threads like this about stuff they promised or hinted about adding, I'm just going to say "Join me in GW2 where this already exists and works perfectly". =)

In GW2 you can switch builds anywhere and your loadouts are split up nicely so you can choose to just switch gear or just switch skill set.
    ----------------------------------------------
    They promised about achievements meaning something, GW2 has it.
    People asked for materials to be shared between toons, GW2 has it.
    Flying mounts have been asked for, GW2 has it.
    Rewarding content, GW2 has it.
    A zax that isn't a 1 year wait, but rather instant, you guessed it! GW2 has it.

NW is a mess because they just don't care, we constantly see that.