test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions: Materials could add 30-90 slots, and allow tools to stack...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited June 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
NOTE: At first I thought they could easily just move 30-60 slots from Tools (240) to Materials to boost it to 300; by reducing Tools to 180. If they made tools stack, you'd need 5-10 less rows for tools! So it wouldn't have negative impact for Tools either, as there's just so many Materials required, with high quality and normal that effectively doubles it.

However some say they rarely sometimes use all Tools slots, still not quire sure why... ...thought most barely use 10 of the 40 rows of tools.

――♫♪♫♪♪―――――――――♫♪♫♪♪―――――――――♫♪♫♪♪――――――――――――――
WIN-WIN: Still be nice to make tools stack, like they did pre M16--still valid.
――♫♪♫♪♪――――

Now I've revised saying just make Tools stackable, for bound or unbound tools of same level. Then if they just added 30-90 slots for Materials, I'm sure many would like even more yet this seems reasonable.

I know Cryptic could easily compare how many are used by the vast majority. Still I think many would appreciate more Material slots increased up slightly.

Does anyone else think this is WISE? o:)
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    Few streams ago "Jared ‘NoWorries’ Sears stated that game already provide tons of slots. And he is right in this part. I mean just look for inventory, quest items iventory, proffesions, transmutes, and etc.

What I think really should be done is instead players carry all these proffesion stuffs with himself, proffesion assets( supplements, material and crafting tools) should be kep in Workshop, more precise in bank like storing place..

We could reuse Bank like system for it..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Interesting idea. Now if they could just do something about the regular vs. high quality attribute introduced in a poorly design crafting rework from years ago. Getting rid of high quality materials would instantly free up quite a bit of space for many. It's a bit of a stretch to apply that concept to basic materials anyway IMO.

And sorting materials is just messed up since it does not sort in a consistent (or logical for that matter) order.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Few streams ago "Jared ‘NoWorries’ Sears stated that game already provide tons of slots. And he is right in this part. I mean just look for inventory, quest items iventory, proffesions, transmutes, and etc.

What I think really should be done is instead players carry all these proffesion stuffs with himself, proffesion assets( supplements, material and crafting tools) should be kep in Workshop, more precise in bank like storing place..

We could reuse Bank like system for it..

Well I do agree with him, most have enough Inventory space, I suspect he was responding to a statement, not enough inventory space. That would have been true 3-4 years ago perhaps, not anymore. Tools & Materials have always had their own slots, ever since the game began; people suddenly be wanting more bank space--not a very WISE idea at all.

I'm just talking moving 30-60 slots from Tools into Materials; and they could make tools stack, so it's not even noticeable!

――♫♪♫♪♪―――――――――♫♪♫♪♪―――――――――♫♪♫♪♪――――――――――――――――♫♪♫♪♪――――
    TOOLS have at least twice as many slots than needed for the vast majority!
    ――♫♪♫♪♪―――――――――

People do FILL Materials up, especially with so many OPTIONS to produce normal or high quality variations. Most won't clear out lessor used items of 2-99; cause maybe they might need them again. It does cost a lot of Gold to craft items too, this isn't about anyone loosing anything, just a SHIFT that makes sense for 95%.

Interesting idea. Now if they could just do something about the regular vs. high quality attribute introduced in a poorly design crafting rework from years ago. Getting rid of high quality materials would instantly free up quite a bit of space for many. It's a bit of a stretch to apply that concept to basic materials anyway IMO.

And sorting materials is just messed up since it does not sort in a consistent (or logical for that matter) order.

Yes I wished you could sort by Level Highest to Lowest Level, or Alphabetically... ...that be nice for sure!

While I think High Quality tools makes a difference, the only challenge be removing high quality Materials; some like them, and then they'd have to find something else for focus. Maybe it could produce 20% more, yet there is already supplements for that.

o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    strathkin said:

Well I do agree with him, most have enough Inventory space, I suspect he was responding to a statement, not enough inventory space. That would have been true 3-4 years ago perhaps, not anymore. Tools & Materials have always had their own slots, ever since the game began; people suddenly be wanting more bank space--not a very WISE idea at all.

I'm just talking moving 30-90 slots from Tools into Materials; and they could make tools stack, so it's not even noticeable!

o:)
    My suggestion actually aim not just to issues for proffesions, but for over all. That's include transmutes, quest inventory, regular inventory and etc.

This is issue related to available slots for player. So it require to rethink how it work over all.

If there would be only issue for proffesions. Well it's simple solution.
    Get rid non Masterwork, both recipes, tools, materials.

Non Masterwork no longer relevant, gear obtained during lv up part is better stat wise than what you gain from crafted ones.Other thing, lets take lv 10 crafted gear.
    What the point even try craft it? You lv up so fast that it's become pointless even try do it. Gear do not payback at all. It's just waste of time.

By removing non masterwork, you gain enough space for craft materials, assets, supplements.
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,234 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    No, don't move slot from one to another. Add slot to those who need more. Just add another tab to the inventory. Right now, one tab for tools and material. Add a tab for tools and another tab for material (+ more slots to material).

I actually filled all the tool slots of multiple characters for doing something "special" in the past. I probably will not do that again in the near future. However, I don't see why I have to lose those slot in order to increase number of material slots. I don't want to lose that ability if such occasion comes again.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited June 2022

By removing non masterwork, you gain enough space for craft materials, assets, supplements.

I am actually crafting non masterwork by multiple characters every day in the past 9 months non stop.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    I agree, there are many non-masterwork recipes that are still relevant... potions, armour kits and jewels, clothing, appearances.... and sometimes less important things become important again.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mintmark said:

I agree, there are many non-masterwork recipes that are still relevant... potions, armour kits and jewels, clothing, appearances.... and sometimes less important things become important again.

Yea, and masterwork I completely lost interest in, simply because you had to buy maps and then wait like 3 months for a 2x Event. Then you'd spend every hour of the day collecting over 200-250+ maps you saved up during that time. Nobody enjoyed that at all, and I still think that applies! If only you could send Adventurer's out with those maps, during a 2x event.

At least with Normal Professions, they allow Adventurers (Artisans) to do it for you! Thankfully they still have some items that are still worth Crafting like Reinforcements, Potions, Jewels, and yes Clothing appearances.

No, don't move slot from one to another. Add slot to those who need more. Just add another tab to the inventory. Add a tab for tools and another tab for material (+ more slots to material).

I actually filled all the tool slots of multiple characters for doing something "special" in the past

I don't know what this something SPECIAL could be, note that implies knowing be nice; yet I won't ask.

I know with one of each tool for 3 artisans of each profession, I have at best 7-9 rows and that includes several supplements. No where near the 40, yet I also don't collect or make supplements either.

I will change to just ask Materials be boosted slightly to perhaps 300. o:)
  • Options
    strathkin said:

I don't know what this something SPECIAL could be, because even with 3 of every tool I only used at best 6-9 rows of the 40. Even if you had 15-30 supplements you like you'd still be less than half the slots in Tools. I won't however ask.

That had nothing to do with supplements.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

strathkin said:

I don't know what this something SPECIAL could be, because even with 3 of every tool I only used at best 6-9 rows of the 40. Even if you had 15-30 supplements you like you'd still be less than half the slots in Tools. I won't however ask.

That's why I'd love to know what this special thing was... ...still not a big deal; just don't think they'll consider my great idea now. Adding more Materials slots is less likely than just shifting 5 rows from Tools. :*

I've been away the last 2 years, so perhaps unaware of some of the new things.
  • Options

Actually it does.

While we players see Craft assets (tools, supplements) and Materials in seprated bags, system seem them as one inventory.
    You can't do one change without affecting other.

As few crytpic streams ago, "Jared ‘NoWorries’ Sears". noted that there are technical limitations, and that's the reason why they simply didn't add more slots, either crating, transmutes, vanity pets slots.

Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited June 2022

Actually it does.

While we players see Craft assets (tools, supplements) and Materials in seprated bags, system seem them as one inventory.
    You can't do one change without affecting other.

As few crytpic streams ago, "Jared ‘NoWorries’ Sears". noted that there are technical limitations, and that's the reason why they simply didn't add more slots, either crating, transmutes, vanity pets slots.

What I meant was what I mentioned as my "special" (in the post he replied to) had nothing to do with supplement. The "special" is what I did in the past in a "special" once (may be twice) in a blue moon situation. No, I don't want to advertise it for the competition reason if the blue moon comes again. And "for what I did" (which you wouldn't know what it was) had (past tense) nothing to do with supplement. It can be about supplement in the future though.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Well I still think they could remove 5 rows of Tools if they made Tools stackable; as most likely free up 7 rows of Tools down to 2. Still that only SHIFT 30 slots from Tools (240) down to 210 yet boost Materials from 240 to 270.

It would however be nice if they just instead added 30-50 more slots for Materials!

All one can do is ask... o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    strathkin said:

Well I still think they could remove 5 rows of Tools if they made Tools stackable; as most likely free up 7 rows of Tools down to 2. Still that only SHIFT 30 slots from Tools (240) down to 210 yet boost Materials from 240 to 270.

It would however be nice if they just instead added 30-50 more slots for Materials. Tools definitely doesn't need more, just make tools stackable. If they are making tools, then you get a different stack for Character Bound or Unbound Tools, yet also need far less stacks for each tool.

I just want to mention everybody's "row" is different. My row is typically a row of 18 or 21 (depends on what kind of bag the character has). So, I would love they add 7 rows of 21 (142 slots) of material. Adding only 30 slots to material is just a small bandage. 142 is a bigger bandage.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

strathkin said:

It would however be nice if they just instead added 30-50 more slots for Materials. Tools definitely doesn't need more, just make tools stackable. If they are making tools, then you get a different stack for Character Bound or Unbound Tools, yet also need far less stacks for each tool.

I just want to mention everybody's "row" is different. My row is typically a row of 18 or 21 (depends on what kind of bag the character has). So, I would love they add 7 rows of 21 (142 slots) of material. Adding only 30 slots to material is just a small bandage. 142 is a bigger bandage.
    Yes, it isn't the bag though because everybody has the same for Materials & Tools. I always have inventory as thin as it could be, so certainly the minimum is 6 wide; you can stretch it wider for sure perhaps as you've done!

Yes I agree only 30 slots is a very small bandage, some would love far more like 120-150 more Materials slots. I just was just trying to be reasonable, yet still think making Tools stack is WISE; as is adding more slots to Materials.

Can only HOPE they rethink this...
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    strathkin said:

strathkin said:

Yes, it isn't the bag though because everybody has the same for Materials & Tools. I always have inventory as thin as it could be, so certainly the minimum is 6 wide; you can stretch it wider for sure perhaps as you've done!

Yes I agree only 30 slots is a very small bandage, some would love far more like 120-150 more Materials slots. I just was just trying to be reasonable, yet still think making Tools stack is WISE; as is adding more slots to Materials.

Can only HOPE they rethink this...
    I mentioned "bag" because the size of bag determine how I (not necessary anybody else) align the number of column nicely in normal inventory.
  • Options
    I understand now, thank you for explaining.