test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official: Dragonslayer (M23) Dungeon Chest Rewards and Reroll Changes

lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
Greetings, adventurers!

This thread is for giving feedback on the Dungeon Chest Rewards and Reroll Changes. Run some queues, open some chests, try some rerolls, and let us know how it feels in comparison to live. Please note that anything on Preview is subject to change!

Here's what's changed:

General Changes:

• Obsolete Rewards Removed (Old Campaign items, Enchantments, Etc.)
  • Old non-viable equipment removed (Ex. Blackened Jaw gear)
  • Seals of the Adventurer removed
  • Greatly improved RP Gems awarded per content type
  • Variable Drop Rates implemented/adjusted based on content length/difficulty for the following:
    • Mount Collars
    • Shards of Greater Empowerment
    • Premium Loot
  • Seals added to every queue:
    • Skirmish - 15 Low Seals
    • Dungeon - 40 Low Seals
    • Trial - 25 High Seals
    • Advanced Dungeon - 40 High Seals

Premium Loot:

• Base chance of Premium Loot raised to just below current Dungeon Delver's Rates on Live
  • Chances of rolling higher tiers of Tangible Rewards increased
  • AD awarded from Premium Loot doubled in value
  • 36 Slot Bag changed to 42 Slot Bag
  • 7 New Dyes added
  • Mythic Insignias added to highest tier of Premium Loot

Queue Specific Chase Items

• Tradeable Chase Items (Companion, Artifact, Artifact Gear, Fashion, and Transmutes) added to each queue that didn't have one.
  • Tradeable Turmian Weapon transmutes added to all Skirmishes
    • New Turmian Lute and Rapier
  • Tradeable Bluefire Weapon transmutes added to all Trials and Dungeons
    • New Bluefire Lute and Rapier
  • Tradeable Unique weapons transmutes previously available exclusively in Infernal Citadel added to all Advanced Dungeons and Master Trials.
    • New Draconic Lute and Rapier

Reroll Changes

• Reduced the amount of Rerolls from 4 to 2
  • Price or rerolling increased from 5,000 to 10,000 AD
  • Significantly increased drop rates to offset reduced Rerolls, resulting in positive reward chance gain overall.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Please be aware that the event to activate these reward changes was not running at the start of Preview. If you saw nearly empty chests, this was not intended! The event is now on and the proper rewards should be appearing.
  • Options

There's a lot of rings which I assume count as a premium reward. Even if you increase the drop rate of premium rewards it doesn't address the fact that getting the ring you want is all luck. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've completed it hundreds, perhaps even thousands of times. I've worked hard to try and get one ring, and after so long it's demoralizing and demotivating that is still hasn't dropped and I have no other option but to keep running it and hoping that maybe I'll get it by the time a new set of rings has come out.

Premium Loot are the extra goodies that are available from any queue and are composed mostly of items for general character progression. There are no pieces of equipment (things your character directly wears) in the Premium Loot. Here's the original post on them:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11478743-dungeon-premium-drops

As part of the changes here the rings will be dropping more frequently in VoS, however the rest of your suggestions would unfortunately fall outside of the scope of this feature.

That being said, the hope is that the totality of changes here would result in group content feeling good for most players in general because there's a higher likelihood of getting something of value, even if it's not necessarily the thing you were specifically looking to acquire.
  • Options
    melvilleismybro#1021 melvilleismybro Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hi Lassor!

I have two questions.

1. Were rank 6 enchanting stones on the chopping block, as they are no longer usable in-game?

2. In the Driftwood Tavern stream before yours, lead product manager Misa Ganz mentioned the goal of the Draconic Battle pass in part being to address queue health. Regarding queue health and the reduction in available rerolls, was part of the thought process here to ultimately increase the number of times per day that players choose to queue for dungeons?

Thanks! -Buck
    Member of the Barbarian Tank anti-extinction squad.
  • Options
    mehwar#3996 mehwar Member Posts: 20 Arc User

As part of the changes here the rings will be dropping more frequently in VoS, however the rest of your suggestions would unfortunately fall outside of the scope of this feature.

That being said, the hope is that the totality of changes here would result in group content feeling good for most players in general because there's a higher likelihood of getting something of value, even if it's not necessarily the thing you were specifically looking to acquire.

Are the regeants for Band of Air will also be affected on the rings dropping more frequently? Thanks

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    On twitch we were told we are no longer getting 3 mods a year so between mods we can get CoL changes. it seems now that this mod is just QoL changes with no content might want to clarify that with the playerbase! If it releases like this and we only get QoL mod people might get frustrated if not warned
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options

1. Were rank 6 enchanting stones on the chopping block, as they are no longer usable in-game?

2. In the Driftwood Tavern stream before yours, lead product manager Misa Ganz mentioned the goal of the Draconic Battle pass in part being to address queue health. Regarding queue health and the reduction in available rerolls, was part of the thought process here to ultimately increase the number of times per day that players choose to queue for dungeons?

Anything that is obsolete should no longer be appearing in any chests. If I missed something then let me know and I'll get it out of there.

In regards to the reroll changes, there's no direct intent to have players run the queues more times a day but it's great if they feel like that's a useful or fun thing to do. The main drivers for the reroll changes were to make it so each individual roll for items would be more likely to have something of value, improve the value of reroll tokens through VIP, and reduce the gap between base drop rates and those from fully rerolling a chest.

Are the regeants for Band of Air will also be affected on the rings dropping more frequently? Thanks

No, those reagents are obtained from the minibosses so these chest changes will have no effect on those drops.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    mynaam said:

On twitch we were told we are no longer getting 3 mods a year so between mods we can get CoL changes. it seems now that this mod is just QoL changes with no content might want to clarify that with the playerbase! If it releases like this and we only get QoL mod people might get frustrated if not warned

Not sure where you heard that, last I heard was that we would be having 2-3 mods a year with more QoL changes in between. Noncontent? You know we are getting a lot of content via Dragon hunts right? Everyone from newly level 20 to veteran players will be able to participate and challenge themselves and have gear to grind right? As far as NW goes, this is something that brings players a lot of stuff to do, without even going into the reward reworks that makes all the other content more desirable to run for fun.
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    So by raising the rate of premium drops to almost double (current delver's level, yes?) and reducing the rerolls by 2 you've effectively given the players almost another 1% chance at a premium drop.

Awesome

/s