test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Seem to Exchange Runestones?

guardianofcheeseguardianofcheese Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hey all. I'm having trouble exchanging those Bonding Runestones that they've now made obsolete. Every time I go to the Antiquities Scholar, the Combat Enchantments tab is always empty. It just says "This store is empty. Please finish your transactions and reopen the store to see new items". Is there another tab or something I don't know about? I have a ton of Ancient Bonding Runestones but can't do anything with them. I might have missed something crucial while I was away for a few years.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Combat Enchants should be for the ood Weapon and Armor enhancement enchants like Vorpal or Barkshield. There is a different tab for standard enchants and runestones. Note that the items can only be exchanged if they are rank 10+.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,255 Arc User
    Bonding runestone became obsolete long time ago (2 to 3 enchantment/runestone change since) and its exchange period is long gone. You missed years of that opportunity.

As pitshade said, combat enchantment tab is for weapon and armor enchantment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    OH I see. So yeah, my remaining runestones are essentially just fodder now I guess. Unfortunate. My apologies. I tried googling this bit but all the reddit posts were from older updates.

Incidentally, is there some reason why I can't equip enhancements on my character (i.e. offense, defense, utility slots, etc.) I have a bunch in my inventory and even got some from mail but when I go to the character enchantment page, it just says I have nothing viable?
  • Options
    edited May 2022

OH I see. So yeah, my remaining runestones are essentially just fodder now I guess. Unfortunate. My apologies. I tried googling this bit but all the reddit posts were from older updates.

Incidentally, is there some reason why I can't equip enhancements on my character (i.e. offense, defense, utility slots, etc.) I have a bunch in my inventory and even got some from mail but when I go to the character enchantment page, it just says I have nothing viable?

There was a major change in enchantment and runestone. All the old enchantment/runestone are obsolete. The old enchantment/runestone which are rank 10 and above can be exchanged for "points" to exchange for new version of enchantment.

Those which are returned through mail are the enchantment that were attached to the equipment before the change. New system does not assign enchantment to equipment anymore. So, they system unslot the enchantment from the equipment and mailed to you when the game was updated.

Since you have not played for years, you probably don't have anything which is rank 10 and higher.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I see. So basically, all the enchantments/runestones from years ago are now useless (especially since they aren't rank 10+). I have to now go and farm for whatever the new ones are to slot in my characters and companions.
  • Options

I see. So basically, all the enchantments/runestones from years ago are now useless (especially since they aren't rank 10+). I have to now go and farm for whatever the new ones are to slot in my characters and companions.

At this moment, you cannot farm the enchantment directly. You can buy enchantment from Sage store in PE using AD.
  • Options
    Alright. Thanks for the info, plasticbat. Much appreciated.