test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reduce Stronghold Siege to 10v10?

vordraxianvordraxian Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Hi - given the relatively low number of active players in most guilds at any given time, getting 20 players together is quite a challenge - let alone 40! I know that major Stronghold and PVP changes are a ways down the roadmap, but would it be possible to just modify Stronghold Siege to be 10v10? My alliance tried to do it today and we barely managed to get 20 interested people... only to learn we were 20 short. That number of people simply isn't ever going to happen for us... or, I'd think, most guilds these days.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Players don't have to be in the same guild or alliance to participate.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Hi - given the relatively low number of active players in most guilds at any given time, getting 20 players together is quite a challenge - let alone 40! I know that major Stronghold and PVP changes are a ways down the roadmap, but would it be possible to just modify Stronghold Siege to be 10v10? My alliance tried to do it today and we barely managed to get 20 interested people... only to learn we were 20 short. That number of people simply isn't ever going to happen for us... or, I'd think, most guilds these days.

Game have Gauntlgrym PvP ( 10 vs 10). And via private q, you can arrange teams as how you like..

So I don't see any reason why devs should adjust guild pvp so to recreated Gauntlgrym PvP.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Players don't have to be in the same guild or alliance to participate.

Have you been to PE lately? It's pretty empty.
    Murder time is fun time!
  • redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User

So I don't see any reason why devs should adjust guild pvp so to recreated Gauntlgrym PvP.

Because more options are bad? More ways to play the game would make it more fun.

Murder time is fun time!
  • newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @vordraxian said:
    > Hi - given the relatively low number of active players in most guilds at any given time, getting 20 players together is quite a challenge - let alone 40! I know that major Stronghold and PVP changes are a ways down the roadmap, but would it be possible to just modify Stronghold Siege to be 10v10? My alliance tried to do it today and we barely managed to get 20 interested people... only to learn we were 20 short. That number of people simply isn't ever going to happen for us... or, I'd think, most guilds these days.

40 men raids are dead in every MMORPG. i second this very much. i think if people realize how siege can be fun, more will queue into it

> @"hadestemplar#9918" said:
    > Game have Gauntlgrym PvP ( 10 vs 10). And via private q, you can arrange teams as how you like..
    >
    > So I don't see any reason why devs should adjust guild pvp so to recreated Gauntlgrym PvP.

1 - private queue doesn't give advancement towards the pvp campaign
    2 - if you don't like pvp, you don't have to do it
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Because more options are bad? More ways to play the game would make it more fun.

- private queue doesn't give advancement towards the pvp campaign
    2 - if you don't like pvp, you don't have to do it

Domination ( 5vs5) gives advancement toward pvp campaign, Gauntlgrym PvP ( 10 vs 10) gives progress in pvp campaign, same with siege.
    Now why should siege be adjustted to 10 vs 10 and mimic Gauntlgrym PvP ? If you guys can't bring 40 players, perhaps you should look harder instead try change game.

If you want to participate in guild sieges join discord server:
    Roar of the Pack
    https://discord.gg/vtz2Xz2X8X
    Also there is in game custom chat with same name.

There are lot of players who particiapte in these pvp activities.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • zapline258zapline258 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Nice to see I don't have to advertise Roar of the Pack :D
    Other people are doing it for me YAY \o/
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    @zapline258 totally missed the chat/disc part; how active it is recently ? any chance for match outside weekend ??
  • zapline258zapline258 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    ksell said:

@zapline258 totally missed the chat/disc part; how active it is recently ? any chance for match outside weekend ??

@ksell sorry didn't respond. Rarely go on forums. I only do weekends and only 1 time because it takes so long to recruit 40 people. Unless I have 15-20 consistent people that sign up and I know will join, recruiting 25-30 people will take anywhere from 1-2hrs. Weekdays I will just say probably will be near impossible.

10v10 would be nice but also devs will probably have to reword siege map because two parties trying to defend 3 lanes is hard.
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    @zapline258 its cool, turned out i got less time to play anyway

about 10vs10 - new map would be cool, considering how they packed normal map to fit both single and multi player experience; im quite aware that SH getting like zero resources, but as PVP is strugglin in general, time to use what is avaiable;
    and there are still IWD and GG leftovers, so plenty ideas to work with