test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea to Make Old and New Weapons Useful

There is a problem in the game right now that there is no reason to run end game trials for weapons. It is weird to be end game and no one wants to run the trial because the weapons are not Best in Slot

Could we get a system that makes Weapon Bonuses a list to choose from like Mount or Companion Powers.

Such as possibly make a "forge" to put MAX Level of a weapon set into it and it converts to appearance library and adds the bonus to your character forever.

This would make farming new trials always something we want to do for Item Level even if an older bonus is better. It would create content in both directions, old and new content suddenly becomes useful.

So to recap, have a way to pick between saved bonuses or the current weapon bonus to be active and able to swap with loadouts.

Comments

• Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Kinda the same as now but without using bag space?
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • Options
    thewretched1982#9721 thewretched1982 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Not the same as now. Most people use old weapons because the bonus is better than the Item Level of the new weapons
  • Options
    I think you're saying use the stats from set A with the bonus of set B. I like this idea. However, the result would be everyone running the same bonus for their role. This would reduce variety further. It would also make it too easy for players as they would not sacrifice item level and stats for a bonus.

Would it get players to run content? Possibly. As CoK stands now, it's hard and unrewarding when you finish. The weapons aren't worth using for me or anyone else I run with. We've only tried to complete it a few times for the sake of completing it. If this system existed, would we run it? Depends on if we deem the reward worth the effort.

Would I use it? Yes.
    Would players like it? Some yes, some no.
    Does it fit with the goals of the current system? I doubt it.

• Options
    It would make all new trial weapons BiS because of Item Level so of course all end game people would want to run the new trials. It is hard to make a good bonus for every class unless it is basic like Master Craft
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    > @froger#9967 said:
    > I think you're saying use the stats from set A with the bonus of set B. I like this idea. However, the result would be everyone running the same bonus for their role. This would reduce variety further. It would also make it too easy for players as they would not sacrifice item level and stats for a bonus.
    >
    > Would it get players to run content? Possibly. As CoK stands now, it's hard and unrewarding when you finish. The weapons aren't worth using for me or anyone else I run with. We've only tried to complete it a few times for the sake of completing it. If this system existed, would we run it? Depends on if we deem the reward worth the effort.
    >
    > Would I use it? Yes.
    > Would players like it? Some yes, some no.
    > Does it fit with the goals of the current system? I doubt it.

People already only use a handful of weapon types, so nothing would change
  • Options
    > @masteroga said:
    > People already only use a handful of weapon types, so nothing would change

The current use of old weapons for their bonus is because the item level sacrifice is worth it. Hopefully in the future it will be a tougher decision.

• Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    > @froger#9967 said:
    > > @masteroga said:
    > > People already only use a handful of weapon types, so nothing would change
    >
    > The current use of old weapons for their bonus is because the item level sacrifice is worth it. Hopefully in the future it will be a tougher decision.

I DO like the idea of the "forge" hes talking about. But like you said....item level is secondary to set bonus. I dont see anyone using anything but 5x stronghold set bonuses for hardcore mode content, +10% damage resist is just too good. Easy content mirage or lionheart for DPS, healer use burning set, tank...whatever they want lol.

The removal of attributes was stupid as well, hopefully they decide to reverse that decision soon or it will make old sets better for quite some time
  • Options
    Again, this would make it a need to always run the new content no matter what the bonus is