test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MY MONEY KEEPS DISAPPEARING AND NO ONE WILL HELP.

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
Please tell me if you think this is a satisfying answer. My money has disappeared all the time since the tier 3 workshop upgrade. All of a sudden it costs way more than before to craft and I thought I would get new things I could make like the tier 2 upgrade? But there is nothing new I can make, to make anything I have to sell my alexandrites from opening up lock boxes and run to my workshop before it disappears if I need something. This is the response I just got , oh never mind, it wont paste on here, basically they said the largest amount of gold had been consumed in the dread ring and well of the dragons and they cant undo past transactions and any gold in the future would have to be obtained the normal way. I havent been in any transactions where I bought anythhing,
I havent even sold anything because the money disappears. What is wrong with the support people here.

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    You have an entire thread about this already, people posted accurately what you should do.

Remove all tasks, both crafting and gathering, check if money disappear.
    if it doesn't, it's the tasks, if it does, it is not workshop related at all.

If it's the tasks, then do a single crafting or gathering task, and compare how much you though it costs to how much money it took. Repeat until issue found.

99% this is not some game bug, or game issue.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "largest amount of gold had been consumed in the dread ring and well of the dragons"

Are you making keys? Valindra's Tower Key, 3gp. Tuern Key 3gp. Lostmauth Key 5gp, Tiamat Key 5gp.
    That could add up to 16gp a day.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Have you even read and checked the things people have posted in their replies? We've given you comprehensive explanations of the likely causes, please read them and check....
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    pitshade said:

"largest amount of gold had been consumed in the dread ring and well of the dragons"

Are you making keys? Valindra's Tower Key, 3gp. Tuern Key 3gp. Lostmauth Key 5gp, Tiamat Key 5gp.

This right here is exactly what I was thinking.

A lot of the older campaigns have different requirements for obtaining keys. It may be worthwhile to double check each one before making any more.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Yep I thought this too. There are keys being made or some sort of transaction/spend there UNLESS its the weapon thing mentioned in the OTHER thread where you get a damage boost but it eats your gold.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

Please tell me if you think this is a satisfying answer. My money has disappeared all the time since the tier 3 workshop upgrade. All of a sudden it costs way more than before to craft and I thought I would get new things I could make like the tier 2 upgrade?

Well. Maybe you started to use more expensive crafter. That epic/blue one can be a lot expensive than that white one.

• jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    To micky1POO, why would I post it if the question was answered. 99% sure not one answer worked. I have stopped the tasks, I barely craft anything anymore, I never gather. I got rid of the craftsman who said ++ and have - commissions on all now. The commission percentage is never reduced. I think it is workshop related because it started when I got to tier 3. I have done crafting tasks and compared them and the percentage taken off is never taken off, And when I go on any quest or just killing thayans if I pick up any gold it adds it and then it goes down. I dont sell any gems or anything I craft anymore because the money I get for it disappears. I need someone in support to fix this, because it is hindering my game play. I don't need a fellow player saying it is my fault and not a bug. I don't purchase anything with the money. I don't have gear that eats it so something is wrong. And I will make as many threads as it takes until this is fixed.
    I do make keys, you have to have so many of this and that like dragon horde gold and cult secrets or whatever the dread ring wants but nowhere does it say it charges you more than that for the keys. My money disappears while I am on a dungeon run or skirmish or simply slaying people anyway. Slowly but enough to hurt. And there is no reason for it to do that. If it was keys wouldn't they take the money right away and not a little here and a little there?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

To micky1POO, why would I post it if the question was answered. 99% sure not one answer worked. I have stopped the tasks, I barely craft anything anymore, I never gather. I got rid of the craftsman who said ++ and have - commissions on all now. The commission percentage is never reduced. I think it is workshop related because it started when I got to tier 3. I have done crafting tasks and compared them and the percentage taken off is never taken off, And when I go on any quest or just killing thayans if I pick up any gold it adds it and then it goes down. I dont sell any gems or anything I craft anymore because the money I get for it disappears. I need someone in support to fix this, because it is hindering my game play. I don't need a fellow player saying it is my fault and not a bug. I don't purchase anything with the money. I don't have gear that eats it so something is wrong. And I will make as many threads as it takes until this is fixed.

Good luck.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    When it comes to the commission:

Choose what you want to make.
    Check the commission cost.
    Add the worker.
    Check the commission cost again.

The cost should change if the worker's commission is + or -. If it is neither, the cost won't change.

The cost of keys is removed when you click the key making box. If you don't have everything you need at the time, making a key is not possible.

There are also artifacts that can add to your gold gain.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And for the support personnel here, they work for Perfect World not Cryptic. So they work for the current/soon past publisher, not the game developer. Now how Gearbox will handle it in the future we will have to wait and see. So there may not be much that support can do to fix the issue, as they only see a limited amount of the code, and can only fix a certain amount of things. Personally with the issue, I would keep all your gold stored in you personal bank, and only take out what you need to craft with when you are crafting things.
    edited March 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I do make keys, you have to have so many of this and that like dragon horde gold and cult secrets or whatever the dread ring wants but nowhere does it say it charges you more than that for the keys. My money disappears while I am on a dungeon run or skirmish or simply slaying people anyway. Slowly but enough to hurt. And there is no reason for it to do that. If it was keys wouldn't they take the money right away and not a little here and a little there?

You need to convince people especially dev you really have a problem.
    You said "My money disappears while I am on a dungeon run or skirmish or simply slaying people anyway. ".

Let us focus on this one to convince people about your case.

1. stop all crafting and stop all gathering.
    2. Move all your gold/silver/copper to the bank.
    3. Move back 5 gold back to your purse so that your purse has only 5 gold 0 silver and 0 copper.
    4. Do a dungeon.
    5. Check the gold balance in your purse.

If what you said is right, you will have less than 5 gold after the dungeon. I expect you will have >= 5 gold though.

If that does not show your problem, do the above 5 steps again (to reset to 5 gold 0 silver and 0 copper in the purse) and replace #4 for another activity such as do a skirmish.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2022
    jana#2651 said:

There isn't anyone from support here. Only those fellow players who have goodwill to help you. You can make as many threads as you want, but there is diminishing returns from that process up to everyone getting tired and ignoring you. It also "erases" the history of what was suggested and what not, to anyone who reads the thread.

You assume someone will magically solve your issues. Obviously that doesn't happen, then you either need to help people troubleshoot, and that means doing what people ask and reporting back, not "barely craft" but actually test and report step by step, what happened and what not.
    Screenshots and names of your gear, recording the amount of gold, video's and so on.

But again, if you are looking for someone in support to fix it, your are mostly at the wrong place, there are no support personnel here. Only fellow players. Once per week the CM, and once in in few years someone from QA.
    I would also wager that most players here know the game and its issues better than the support but likes was said, good luck to you.

It will be hilarious if it's Gambit's gauntlets (do they still exist?) or some such.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    I asked about the equip bonus in the very first thread and received a blanket 'no.' I have my doubts that they even reread whay they had equipped. You can't troubleshoot problems when the person doesn't cooperate.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    @jana#2651
    One idea to help figuring out what is draining your gold can be to put all your coins in your bank before disconnecting.
    It should effectively put an end to any "invisible" on-going gold consuming task that reconducts itself automatically as there wouldn't have any gold on your toon to pay for the next iteration.

When you reconnect the next day, you can check the messages in the chatbox, I can't remember the exact chanel name, but there is one that can send messages (yellow by default) for each task finished, including those during your disconnecting time.
    If nothing there, then grab 5 gold on you, do not launch any new task at all (campaign or workshop), do not buy anything, immediately run a dungeon and check how much gold you have at the end.
    If you have less than 5 gold, then your problem isn't workshop/campaign task related.

If it's workshop related.
    Craft something with your morale. If the thing you are crafting costs you more than it should in gold, provide us screenshots of the crafting panel before/after you did one craft so we can understand what's going on.
    If cost is ok, then craft the same thing normally (without morale) one time. Wait until task is finished, and then check if it has cost you the same as when you crafted it with morale.

Forum is not really the support, it's 99,5% other players and communication by the CM. About an issue, you will most likely only find some players who maybe are of good will and may try to help you. Without one of us being behind your screen, we can only make guesses and assumptions according to how you have described and documented your issue.

Alternately (in fact you should have started with that) you can contact the support team here, in the read circle :
    support
    micky1p00 said:

It will be hilarious if it's Gambit's gauntlets (do they still exist?) or some such.

Not unlikely ^^.

Back when i was new the game (mod10.5), the first piece of equipment I looted in the 2nd dungeon I completed after hiting level 70 (eLoL) were "les gantelets du changeur" (sorry I only know the french name :P), and I immediately equiped them as they were "recommanded" and seemed way better than my previous ones.
    It took me one full week, being mad about why I suddenly had way less gold than my brother although we were 90% of the time playing the content together and despite I had the half-elf racial gold bonus, to figure out those gauntlets were draining my gold with each attack i was making.

Since then, I carefully read the items descriptions (including the little "story" if any), and more generally all the tooltips.

Those gauntlets were still droping in eLoL/eSoT during mod 21 (I have it as fashion with my bard), but I don't know if it's still the case in mod22 (as i'm barely playing 2h/week since the enchant update...).
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
    edited March 2022
    I believe he knew how to get to support based on many threads he posted before this one. I assume it was support who asked him to post it here. However, he could not see it is "support" who passed the buck to the forum. He could not see "support" does not even know the game. He could not see there is NO official technical support here.

He provided next to 0 useful information in all his threads. People asked questions. He did not answer. He is not helping others who tried to help him. Even if dev is willing to help, they can't because there is not enough information.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    I have no idea how much more information people need. All I know is I have stopped crafting and ordering period. I don't sell anything except on the auction now or turn it into refining points. This started with the tier 3 update. I don't think it has to do with why my money disappears now, but my commission costs are never taken off. It is really hard to find a snap shot taken on my computer and it doesn't seem to do any good anyway. I have given the dev detailed responses. I have sent them information about how much money I have to start with a and after running around how much Ihave left. I am a little disgusted because there is something obviously wrong with whats happenning, since the price of crafting didn't go up for anyone else when they hit tier 3 nor did their money disappear. I have checked all my gear. The workshop-which I use to always 100 per cent of the time have something I was ordering never has an order in it now. I try to avoid stepping on gold now, but you cant always help it, besides I shouldnt have to avoid stepping on any of the rewards. I think support is being unhelpful and nasty on purpose. Anyhow I have answered all the questions and I think its awful they wont fix what is obviously wrong. This has gone on for a few months and Ihave tried everything I can think of. Some of the information has been good, but I am beginning to get an idea of whats going on, thank you to everyone who had good intentions and wasn't just trying to make someone feel stupid. I appreciate genuine helpfulness.
    edited March 2022
    You've been asked to post your exact gear. All of it. Not "I've gone through" but post it.
    You've been asked to post exactly when your gold disappears and how much. There isn't a single post that actually describes exactly what happens.
    Only a broken record "I've upgraded workshop". We know you've upgraded the workshop, we got it from the first post, most do not believe it's relevant.

There is a mix of unrelated things there, stepping on gold? How is that related? You can confirm that once you pickup gold your gold reduced? And not before when you hit? If it on pickup and you had gold before, how is it workshop related then?

Make a video, upload it.

And posting on people's walls is not "providing information" it's just harassing people.

(Who bets on Gambit's gauntlets ?)

• mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    Here is a link with a picture of the Cambist's Gauntlets https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Cambist's_Gauntlets
    In the tooltip it says "Your attack have a chance to cause extra damage, but at a financial cost." They use up gold as you fight things, but it doesn't explicitly say it... a bit sneaky!

There is another set of gloves like this too I think, here they are, from Undermountain
    https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Thief's_Stolen_Gloves

Please check the tooltip of your gloves again, it does fit your description of what is happening.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

It is really hard to find a snap shot taken on my computer

I'm surprised ;)

Go in game
    Hit the "print screen" key on your keyboard
    Open paint (or any image editing software)
    ctrl+v in paint
    save the image directly on your desktop (preferentially in .jpeg or .png format) so you can find it easily .
    upload the image (for exemple here https://fr.imgbb.com/ )
    copy the link given by the hosting site for your image in your next forum message
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoTpIYLBtKs

edited March 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I have no idea how much more information people need. All I know is I have stopped crafting and ordering period. I don't sell anything except on the auction now or turn it into refining points. This started with the tier 3 update. I don't think it has to do with why my money disappears now, but my commission costs are never taken off. It is really hard to find a snap shot taken on my computer and it doesn't seem to do any good anyway. I have given the dev detailed responses. I have sent them information about how much money I have to start with a and after running around how much Ihave left. I am a little disgusted because there is something obviously wrong with whats happenning, since the price of crafting didn't go up for anyone else when they hit tier 3 nor did their money disappear. I have checked all my gear. The workshop-which I use to always 100 per cent of the time have something I was ordering never has an order in it now. I try to avoid stepping on gold now, but you cant always help it, besides I shouldnt have to avoid stepping on any of the rewards. I think support is being unhelpful and nasty on purpose. Anyhow I have answered all the questions and I think its awful they wont fix what is obviously wrong. This has gone on for a few months and Ihave tried everything I can think of. Some of the information has been good, but I am beginning to get an idea of whats going on, thank you to everyone who had good intentions and wasn't just trying to make someone feel stupid. I appreciate genuine helpfulness.

I already gave you the exact instruction what to do. Do it and report it back. No, you don't have to because it is your choice. In that case, good luck.

Let me copy and paste again:

Let us focus on this one to convince people about your case.

1. stop all crafting and stop all gathering.
    2. Move all your gold/silver/copper to the bank.
    3. Move back 5 gold back to your purse so that your purse has only 5 gold 0 silver and 0 copper.
    4. Do a dungeon.
    5. Check the gold balance in your purse.

If what you said is right, you will have less than 5 gold after the dungeon. I expect you will have >= 5 gold though.

If that does not show your problem, do the above 5 steps again (to reset to 5 gold 0 silver and 0 copper in the purse) and replace #4 for another activity such as do a skirmish.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

(Who bets on Gambit's gauntlets ?)

You'd lose.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Have you tried plasticbat's suggestion of putting your gold in the bank? Anything in your shared bank should be safe. Crafting will not access it. Just keep a few coppers on your person, and try a few dungeons/skrimishes/what ever. Check your coins, see if you are receiving it. In groups anyone can claim money for the group, so you are safe some what. Double check your gear and such as the curse that eats your gold when attacking was on a few pieces of gear. Good luck.
    I have a logitech k360 keyboard that is pretty little. It doesn't print like others. you have to hit a function key, window key, control key and the print screen key over the number section which is a trick in itself. I cant find where it goes too usually. I have listened to all your suggestions, I have written down the gold silver and schillings I had before a quest or battle and tried to keep up writing it down as it lowers. Its about 50 schillings every time I walk over a gold bag on the ground. One day when I had played a lot in went from 90 (i use to have over 900 easy) to 44 gold in one day. Oh and opening up the print screen in paint just doesnt work, I dont know if its the computer/keyboard or both, I have found a few that were ten months old and irrelevant. Thank y ou for your help everyone. I think I gave quite a bit of information, but I am fighting it out with support in a different direction now that I know it is not typical to be charged more much less a whole lot more to craft and that is the time my money started disappearing. I don't have to wait for support to answer that question in other words and they know I know now that they knew something was wrong when I first contacted them. ty anyhow
    edited April 2022
    If you use windows 10, to capture the screen.

Windows key and shift S
    Wait a bit. You will see a + cursor.
    Use the mouse to draw a rectangle to capture the portion of the screen what you want to capture.
    Bring up "Paint". Ctrl-V to paste.