test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add more dungeon to RADQ

dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
I think 3 option for random advance dungeon is too boring since now TiC is removed.

I sugggest to add more, in my opinion all dungeon related to legacy campaign should earn their place as an "advanced" dungeon. Like Fang Breaker Island and Spellplague, especially Spellplague which is not your typical tank and spank run dungeon.

Comments

• plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Yeah, there used to be more variety like the dungeons you mention. RTQ has also been monotonous with only 4 (now 3) trials for the longest time (and no, I don’t want the most recent incarnation of Demo back, lol).
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Fangbreaker is a definite example of a superlong, not-too-easy, and yet fun adventure for the tougher queue. Also, it would give ONE option that isn't entirely based on whether you have a super-tank to succeed. Most people I know who have given up on this queue are just disgusted by the fact that all four of them are contingent on randomly getting a super-tank.

Either that was a lack of testing when the new queues were created, or the development team seriously looked at them and said, "Demogorgon will keep people from getting these 40,000 astral diamonds each day, and this tank requirement will keep most people from getting these 40,000 astral diamonds every day...our ZAX Exchange problem will solve itself."

That sounds like some tinfoil-cap stuff to me, but...after six months without a fix, Occam's Razor is starting to lean away from, "Oops...that was an accident."

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Fangbreaker is a definite example of a superlong, not-too-easy, and yet fun adventure for the tougher queue. Also, it would give ONE option that isn't entirely based on whether you have a super-tank to succeed. Most people I know who have given up on this queue are just disgusted by the fact that all four of them are contingent on randomly getting a super-tank.

Either that was a lack of testing when the new queues were created, or the development team seriously looked at them and said, "Demogorgon will keep people from getting these 40,000 astral diamonds each day, and this tank requirement will keep most people from getting these 40,000 astral diamonds every day...our ZAX Exchange problem will solve itself."

That sounds like some tinfoil-cap stuff to me, but...after six months without a fix, Occam's Razor is starting to lean away from, "Oops...that was an accident."

The Devs dont give a HAMSTER about the ZAX Exchange :) really. It isnt a problem for them.

Back on topic.

+1 to more variety in RADQ

I dont run it as a tank as Im a gonna get smashed to pieces, dont run it as DPS... or healz. RADQ is way too long and relies completely on killing the boss at the end, the rest of it is just boring as heck. Bore your way through for 30 minutes or something to have a chance to epicly fail at the last boss. No thanks.

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    It was same with tic because people just left that random.

I think 3 option for random advance dungeon is too boring since now TiC is removed.

It was the same while tic was there. That radq was for premade groups. I can count on fingers of both hands how many times i passed this radq with totally random group and in 99% cases i play radq just randomly. Mostly we didn't move from starting area. And it's good they moved it away from radq. For new players anyway.
  • dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User

It was same with tic because people just left that random.

It was the same while tic was there. That radq was for premade groups. I can count on fingers of both hands how many times i passed this radq with totally random group and in 99% cases i play radq just randomly. Mostly we didn't move from starting area. And it's good they moved it away from radq. For new players anyway.
    TiC is actually doable, when I was bored i create an account as tank and reach 34k, since the requirement for RADQ was 30k before they change it. Ok i can do it because i got experience and got all the boss pattern and know what to do. The problem is the community I think, when see a new player most of the player just leave on TiC instead of help the new player, and explain the mechanics. And it will be harsh for new tank, because of the lack knowledge about stat management and ofcourse since the tank is new he/she probably will loose aggro and boss kill dps/healer. This added more problem
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Yes, when the random queues were originally added we were told the reason was because people only played the same queues over and over, and the developers wanted people to play a wider selection of content. Then those developers proceeded to remove dungeons, so now we have 3 events for each of the queues, which is less than people played before they added the random queues.

Then to further exacerbate the problem, they added the scaling system with promises of increasing the availability of content. But of course, predictably, the main thing the scaling system has been used for is separating the haves from the have-nots.

How about if the new leadership starts using the scaling system for something that benefits all the players (and not just the 1%). What's the point of making new content (especially when new content is so few and far between) that only 1% of the player base is ever going to see, much less complete?

Ya know, this is a free to play game, accessibility to the content should be the number one goal and the first thing development should ask before every decision is "is this fun".

All the most successful F2P games have one thing in common, they are easy to access, making a F2P game that just limits and frustrates the player seems contrary to what the market has shown to be successful.

Make your game fun and people will want to spend money.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    x10110100 said:

Yes, when the random queues were originally added we were told the reason was because people only played the same queues over and over, and the developers wanted people to play a wider selection of content. Then those developers proceeded to remove dungeons, so now we have 3 events for each of the queues, which is less than people played before they added the random queues.

Then to further exacerbate the problem, they added the scaling system with promises of increasing the availability of content. But of course, predictably, the main thing the scaling system has been used for is separating the haves from the have-nots.

How about if the new leadership starts using the scaling system for something that benefits all the players (and not just the 1%). What's the point of making new content (especially when new content is so few and far between) that only 1% of the player base is ever going to see, much less complete?

Ya know, this is a free to play game, accessibility to the content should be the number one goal and the first thing development should ask before every decision is "is this fun".

All the most successful F2P games have one thing in common, they are easy to access, making a F2P game that just limits and frustrates the player seems contrary to what the market has shown to be successful.

Make your game fun and people will want to spend money.

People jump in a lot to argue, but I just want to say... ALL OF THIS!!!

So well said.

I started in December 2020, and the game that I was playing in December 2021 was a shell of what lured me in. I came in kicking and screaming. I didn't want to get hooked on an MMO. The changes that occurred throughout 2021 removed almost every element that I found enjoyable (and I'm not mentioning the ones that are left because I've noticed a trend of, "Someone says it...the dev team ruins it within three weekly patches").

At this point, I honestly don't know why I'm still playing. Nostalgia seems to strong a word for something I've only done a little over a year, but I feel like I got a glimpse of genius right before someone whizzed all over it. I'm hoping that, someday, I'll get to see the day that someone hoses it off and makes it shine again.