test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dread Ring Lair Quest Empty Chest-- Weekend

I have run Phantasmal Fortress and other lairs in Dread Ring this week without any problems. I took my halfling thief who has gotten past the initial intro quests today to Dread Ring. I chose Red Wizards and Phantasmal Fortress from Knox. I picked up other available quests and did them all, including red wizards. I did not turn any in but instead, headed for the fortress. I fought my way through, claimed a peridot from the chest on the right (that requires gloves). The other chest was pulsing, but opening it gave a congratulatory screen with no treasure. I backed out, the chest continued to pulse, and no portal out. Quest not complete, no scrolls that I need, etc. I had to use my VIP stick to leave the Fortress.

Maybe it was because it was "Choose your Lair" day? I had not had this issue in Dread Ring before today; only in Well of Dragons.

Again. this impedes progress for characters that are new into the campaign. These areas: Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and Well of Dragons are CRUCIAL to the characters and to GUILDS. The Master of Coin quests rely on these 3 areas and only these three areas to generate the Adventurer's Shards of Power. Please put some priority on fixing the lairs in Dread Ring and Well of Dragons and putting the black ice back into the minor heroics in Icewind Dale! Characters that have not completed these areas need the currency and/or completion from these activities to finish the campaign tree. They cannot be expected to contribute currency from these campaigns to the guilds until they have completed their campaign tree, which is also detrimental to guilds.

Thank you for investigating this.

Comments

• juniperwuf#9831 juniperwuf Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    As an addendum, I just ran my barbarian character through Dread Ring. She also chose Phantasmal Fortress for her lair. She is an older character and has completed the campaign. This time the lair completed properly. So, it may be random or it may be a problem with characters created after a specific time?
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Check out this post. Same issue, that is known about and has a work around.

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1264389/well-of-dragons-lairs-end-chest-bug#latest
    Thanks. I do not have a wireless keyboard but I will try smartglass tomorrow. I have an old version and it comes in handy sometimes.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User

Thanks. I do not have a wireless keyboard but I will try smartglass tomorrow. I have an old version and it comes in handy sometimes.

Any usb keyboard will work you don't have to have a wireless one, I just happen to use one.
    I do not have a USB keyboard either. Smartglass only allows me to type in chat window and store search boxes. Dungeon still will not complete. I will see if my husband has a usb keyboard tucked away somewhere LOL.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    They need to FIX this issue .

Shouldn’t be up to players to find workarounds
    I agree. You should not need a keyboard just to get through broken stuff. However, my husband managed to have one tucked away and I tried this morning and it did work. I typed in the 1 while the empty chest screen was open and it did indeed work. Thank you to all that posted this. At least my characters can now get to day 2.

Now, Devs, fix it!!
    OK. I just got another clue. I was playing my Rogue. She had previously gone to Well of Dragons for her initial rounds and was not able to complete Sacrificial Victims due to previously reported bug. Then, she went to Dread Ring and was unable to complete the lair quest. That was last weekend. TODAY, I took her to Dread Ring and did the lair. The end chest was empty. I used the USB keyboard and typed in a 1. Boom. It says "SACRIFICIAL VICTIMS COMPLETE" !?! Wow. THEN, I was able to claim the chest in the Dread Spire as well. I mean the one that had JUST SHOWN as empty. So, somehow, taking the quest in Well of Dragons and not being able to complete it also made it impossible to complete the lairs in Dread Ring. Just thought someone might like to know.