test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Concerning Paladin movement speed

masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
So since the removal of the Azure's I'm struggling to keep ahead of DPS and even some healers with my Tank and frankly it is frustating so I'm looking to increase my tank paladin movement speed and could use some suggestions I'm currently at 56.3% overall
Ability score - 3.8%
Buffs - 40%
Bonus - 12.5
I'm running with
2x Gladiators Guile - 15%
Campaign speed boon - 2.5%x5
Movement Bonus Enchant Epic - 9%
Legendary Collar - 4%

So any suggestions other than the obvious guild boons and further refinement of my enchantment would be much appreciated thank you
Post edited by masteryoda#6623 on

Comments

• Options
    flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    2x Gladiators Guile - 15% more of these
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    guild food/ other consumables with movement buff
    scrolls of movement (winter event)
    potion of speed
    mount speed bonus "power slot"
    new gear with movement on it /% chance of movement / conditional movement pants shirts etc like more movement the lower your health gets etc ..
  • Options

i dunno if stacking more then 3/5 of mount slots buffs is "really worth" it due to diminishing returns
    and if truly out weights the benefits of having another buff instead

etc someone probably knows the exact formula

the math on 2x gladiators guile bonus .. (2x 3x 4x .5x) is defiantly not cumulative maybe its x .8
    meaning adding the second one is 80% effective as the first or even worse .. ..
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    > @kalina311 said:
    > i dunno if stacking more then 3/5 of mount slots buffs is "really worth" it due to diminishing returns
    > and if truly out weights the benefits of having another buff instead
    >
    >
    > etc someone probably knows the exact formula
    >
    > the math on 2x gladiators guile bonus .. (2x 3x 4x .5x) is defiantly not cumulative maybe its x .8
    > meaning adding the second one is 80% effective as the first or even worse .. ..

Its a 50% deminishing return for stacking insignia bonus'
    So the first gladiators guile gives 10% a second adds another 5% a third will only add 2.5% etc i personally have found it's not worth running more than 2 gladiators guile
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Let them run ahead and die. As a Tank 50 movement speed currently is more than acceptable, you really are already fast enough. You are not a dps and it’s not supposed to be a race. Just don’t sacrifice your survival and support for a few more percentages.
    If the leaderboard is so important, let them get first place in most deaths.
  • Options
    > @silente07#2597 said:
    > Let them run ahead and die. As a Tank 50 movement speed currently is more than acceptable, you really are already fast enough. You are not a dps and it’s not supposed to be a race. Just don’t sacrifice your survival and support for a few more percentages.
    > If the leaderboard is so important, let them get first place in most deaths.
    >

Yeah couldn't care less about that leaderboard but I do like to make sure I'm first to engage with a group of mobs, but the speed also helps to with avoiding certain attacks. I feel like I will be satisfied at around 70%. So far I haven't had to sacrifice and survivability or stats to for my defences as of yet