test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes abound

omack#6690 omack Member Posts: 11 Arc User
After jumping through many hoops just to get back into Neverwinter I continue to have issues
Staying ingame. The last crash report # 42397a. I realize that Arc games is trying to reduce work loads and address security concerns. My problem is after getting another computer up and running with a NVidia GeForce vid card with direct 11 installed. I still can not play this game! So much for prelaunch testing of updates...
So someone from Arc please tell me, when will you resolve the issues that players are experiencing due to these changes?
I for one will not go out and spend a lot of money to play this game, there are far more other games on the net that do not require me to do more that sign up to play.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,097 Arc User
    I just hooked up a new rig over the weekend. After the download and install, I was able to get back in painlessly.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    My neighbor says it still works with Linux PC. I still use Windows 10 myself, not eager to jump head first into 11 until they get all those fatal errors addressed. I don't want to die getting the blue screen of death. :trollface:

I can only assume you are running Windows 12 on your new rig @greywynd ?

Just killing time...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,097 Arc User
    10 with an option to upgrade to 11.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Do you see the phrase above, where Microsoft fully places the blame on your hardware?

Shouldn't it read, "Windows ran into a problem that it couldn't handle, and needs to restart your PC."?

I can't wait for Sony OS to come out, but I think they are too busy keeping the Spiderman franchise exclusive content. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited February 2022

Do you see the phrase above, where Microsoft fully places the blame on your hardware?

Shouldn't it read, "Windows ran into a problem that it couldn't handle, and needs to restart your PC."?

And they blamed it on HAL (HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED), the AI computer in 2001: Space Odyssey. And, HAL is one letter before IBM.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    As for Linux OS, we can find out boot issues with the command systemd-analyze.
    In fact, I used it to reduce my bootup time from 35 seconds down to 9 or 10 seconds.

$ systemd-analyze
    Startup finished in 3.049s (kernel) + 3.710s (userspace) = 6.760s
    graphical.target reached after 3.420s in userspace

If there is any lag during boot we can also find the faulty application by adding blame to the string.

$ systemd-analyze blame
    1.179s man-db.service
    1.122s dev-sda2.device
    1.080s udisks2.service
    1.010s networkd-dispatcher.service
    928ms apport-autoreport.service
    802ms accounts-daemon.service
    611ms systemd-resolved.service
    553ms apt-daily-upgrade.service
    489ms systemd-timesyncd.service
    434ms ua-timer.service
    424ms logrotate.service
    416ms polkit.service
    416ms NetworkManager.service
    407ms lightdm.service
    391ms plymouth-quit-wait.service
    380ms ModemManager.service
    366ms avahi-daemon.service
    363ms systemd-logind.service
    362ms media-sysop-Chamber.mount
    338ms apparmor.service
    308ms thermald.service
    300ms wpa_supplicant.service
    257ms systemd-journal-flush.service

This is what you get when the developers of the OS are also the end users. :grin: