test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workshop Questions!

peppa#4404 peppa Member Posts: 49 Arc User
I'm new to Neverwinter so my questions might seem ignorant to the veteran players.
I have searched Google several times, for days, using different structures to try and get different results.
All I ever get as results are launch trailers and ads, useless info for anyone already playing the game.
I've seen the fandom wiki. It lists info about the workshop but it isn't a how-to it's just data.
I'm looking for easy-to-understand how to's.
I have looked for guides here on these forums. The organization of them is a mess. If there is a guide or thread that answers these questions I haven't found it. The search feature of these forums hasn't come up with what I'm looking for.

1. Is there a fast way to replenish workshop morale?
- I know about talking to the workshop admin we've chosen and choosing the quest to do it.
· There are zero instructions or guides as to how to get one of the +1 goods to complete the quest. How / Where in the world do you get one of the goods items on the list? The quest gives a player no hints or even anywhere to start looking. This is frustrating for a new player.

2. Can we do multiple Professions? If we can, how do you do that?
- I'd like to do all of them if I can.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2022

I'm new to Neverwinter so my questions might seem ignorant to the veteran players.
    I have searched Google several times, for days, using different structures to try and get different results.
    All I ever get as results are launch trailers and ads, useless info for anyone already playing the game.
    I've seen the fandom wiki. It lists info about the workshop but it isn't a how-to it's just data.
    I'm looking for easy-to-understand how to's.
    I have looked for guides here on these forums. The organization of them is a mess. If there is a guide or thread that answers these questions I haven't found it. The search feature of these forums hasn't come up with what I'm looking for.

- I know about talking to the workshop admin we've chosen and choosing the quest to do it.
    · There are zero instructions or guides as to how to get one of the +1 goods to complete the quest. How / Where in the world do you get one of the goods items on the list? The quest gives a player no hints or even anywhere to start looking. This is frustrating for a new player.

1. I don't know if this feature is available in a "young" workshop. Hence, you need to check if it is available. Talk to your retainer. Choose 2 "I want to replenish workshop moral". Pay AD to get moral.
    To get the +1 goods to fulfill the quest. (a) you can craft them (go to the counter and search for the item to see what is needed to craft it). (b) you can buy them from Auction house.

2. You can do all the profession. You build up the workshop. You will be able to hire more artesian for different profession. In short, follow the quests, you will be able to do them all eventually.

3. If you are not a patient person, profession probably is not for you. It will take a long time unless you are willing to spend AD/money.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

No, its meant to punish impatience in a way. You use your morale on each toon/day and can send the artisans on their time-consuming path to work over time - or you pay for more morale.
    Many people use alts for the "lesser" tasks in a workshop and use their crafter on the tasks of higher tiers.

There are zero instructions or guides as to how to get one of the +1 goods to complete the quest. How / Where in the world do you get one of the goods items on the list? The quest gives a player no hints or even anywhere to start looking. This is frustrating for a new player.

Could you tell us what you are looking for exactly? Are you levelling your profession? Trying to upgrade workshop?

You can do all of them on every toon you have, you are probably still "stuck" in the tutorial somewhere if you didnt get artisans for other professions yet - or the tools for it? Did you start one so far?

- bye bye -
  • peppa#4404 peppa Member Posts: 49 Arc User

1. I don't know if this feature is available in a "young" workshop. Hence, you need to check if it is available. Talk to your retainer. Choose 2 "I want to replenish workshop moral". Pay AD to get moral.
    To get the +1 goods to fulfill the quest. (a) you can craft them (go to the counter and search for the item to see what is needed to craft it). (b) you can buy them from Auction house.
    The quest to replenish was available, I think I was level 8 when I tried doing it (I'm not positive what level I was I'm 17 now). I did figure it out on my own and made the Brass Ingot +1. I made 3 of those ingots and gave them to the retainer then gave them to the merchant. The merchant gave a speach about them being good but my morale didn't increase. Bug?

Another thing I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not is yesterday I did the invocation/prayer thing and gained some AD from doiing that. Today when I did the prayer thing although it said I gained (rough) AD from it it never increased in my inventory. Bug too?

I won't complain about bugs in a game that's completely free to play but if they truly are bugs I would like to share I've experienced them so they can be looked into and hopefully fixed at some point. Until I know they're bugs for sure I assume it's my noobness, I'm not doing something right.

There are zero instructions or guides as to how to get one of the +1 goods to complete the quest. How / Where in the world do you get one of the goods items on the list? The quest gives a player no hints or even anywhere to start looking. This is frustrating for a new player.

Could you tell us what you are looking for exactly? Are you levelling your profession? Trying to upgrade workshop?

Both. Leveling the professions is obvious enough, it says the Artisans gain XP toward their craft when they complete making an item.

It seems being able to upgrade the workshop comes with time as both the gathering adventurers and artisans level up. Is that how it works? I didn't see upgrading explained on the fandom wiki, if it's there I didn't find the link to the page that explains how this works.
    The toons that are gathering level up as they gather, it just takes time, correct?

I'm patient enough for this game, I think. So far so good. I'm not used to RPG's leveling the toons the way this game does it but it's fast, seems we just have to follow the story. I'm enjoying it so far. Awesome that this game is free!
    I'm not going to complain about a free game, as I said. Especially one like this that has a fleet of boats loaded with content.
    Side question: I don't have the option to choose the quest to replenish the morale anymore now that I've done it once (and it didn't work, my morale credits were 50 when I did it, they stayed there and didn't increase, it's still at 50). Is the quest to replenish morale only available once?
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Morale is given daily, in fact I believe it is due to replenish inside of 3 hours from this post. Morale is also a per character currency, meaning all the characters on your account receive 400 per day per character. The only reason I would know this, from how many times I had to wait for my wife to finish her professions for the day. "I will be right there, I only have 3 more characters to finish!".
  • nazgoth#7858 nazgoth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    In addition to all the answers, here's a great resource for all things workshop related: https://nwo.tbotr.net/professions/index.php
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    On morale:
    The quest to replenish is more of an introduction as far as I remember - you can buy more morale with AD (at the NPC you chose to help you in your workshop), this is what the quest is for, to introduce that you can buy more morale if you cannot wait for the next day.

Invoking does not really give you AD, it gives you a bonus/buff on RAD. That means, whenever you make RAD in game, you get a bit more with it.

You will get a quest for upgrading the workshop beyond leveling your chosen starter profession, depending on how far you are into the questline yet. In the end (for higher upgrades especially) this will be done through the South Sea Trading Company (the chick in PE, the quest will guide you to her once) and the currency for it. You will not need/You do not have to upgrade your workshop to max immediately or at all.

You should have quests for this kind of stuff.
    Alongside your chosen starter profession you should have artisans for Gathering - and the applications for different artisans (different professions) should be on your office desk in the workshop after you leveled your starter profession a bit.
    - bye bye -
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited February 2022

The quest to replenish was available, I think I was level 8 when I tried doing it (I'm not positive what level I was I'm 17 now). I did figure it out on my own and made the Brass Ingot +1. I made 3 of those ingots and gave them to the retainer then gave them to the merchant. The merchant gave a speach about them being good but my morale didn't increase. Bug?

Morale is reset daily and the amount is 400. If you want more than 400 on that day, you need to pay for it using AD. i.e. buy morale from the retainer. That is every character gets free 400 morale every day and the left over morale is not carried forward to the next day.

Another thing I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not is yesterday I did the invocation/prayer thing and gained some AD from doiing that. Today when I did the prayer thing although it said I gained (rough) AD from it it never increased in my inventory. Bug too?

You do NOT get any rouge AD (rAD) or AD from invocation. You get certain amount of Rough Astral Diamonds (rAD) boost. The wording is something like "330 50% Bonus Rough Astral Diamonds". "50% Bonus Rough Astral Diamonds" is what you get from invocation (not rAD).

"rAD boost" is a pool. When you earn rAD from any mean, you will get extra 50% of rAD if you rAD boost pool has enough. Move the cursor to the AD (a round silver thing) icon to check how much rAD boost you have.

e.g. When your pool has 2000 and you earn 1000 rAD from somewhere, you will get 1500 rAD and the pool becomes 1500.
    Then, you earn 4000 rAD from somewhere, you will get 5500 rAD and the pool becomes 0.

Invocation add certain amount to the pool.

It seems being able to upgrade the workshop comes with time as both the gathering adventurers and artisans level up. Is that how it works? I didn't see upgrading explained on the fandom wiki, if it's there I didn't find the link to the page that explains how this works.
    The toons that are gathering level up as they gather, it just takes time, correct?

Eventually, there is quest to tell you what it takes to upgrade the workshop further. No, just leveling artisans up is not enough. You will eventually reach the quests.

For most players in the past, they just followed the instruction/quests to do the profession. There may be a walk through somewhere but it is not probably updated.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nephridil#8530 nephridil Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2022

"I'm not going to complain about a free game, as I said. Especially one like this that has a fleet of boats loaded with content."

You will... we all do :-)

Thank you all for the answers! I wasn't expecting this soon of a response or this many responses. Thanks!
    I understand this now. I can't express my appreciation for the answers and help!

The days in the game reset for me at 5am real time every day. I didn't know we could buy more than 400 workshop morale points. I'll test that out!

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Keep in mind that local daylight savings times may mean that reset happens for you at a different time when it affects you.
    Instead of starting a new thread, because of how the search works on these forums, I'm adding to the same thread to keep workshop questions together.

Do training manuals for the workshop stack?
    For example Tinkers Training Manual applies 50% more XP to Artisans. If I have 2 of these manuals is the multiplier 100%? 4 manuals multiplies Artisan Experience by 200%?

There are training manuals available for sale in the auction. If they don't stack and the manuals last forever why are they being sold?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Anything that goes into the last slot is a consumable. It applies the bonus for one item, which is thrn removed. One manual is used per task. Even if there is a stack of them, it only applies the bonus once. This is thr same as any supplement. If you have set up a repeating task with a supplement slotted and that supplement runs out, the task will stop.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Figured it out, they have usage limits. That explains why they're auctioned.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter and to the Professions series of quests!

The Fandom Wiki is supported by volunteers, just like you. The more the developers make changes, the more the wiki needs updating, the more work there is for more volunteers. It is out of date because there are not enough volunteers willing to spend hours adjusting what is there to keep up with all the game changes. So, any help anyone can provide to the wiki would be most gratefully accepted.

But that is not why you are playing the game ... As you are doing various tasks for quests (Professions or otherwise) be aware that the NPCs work for the developers/Cryptic and they will make suggestions that will tempt you to spend currency (in-game or real) to fulfill what they advise. So things like buying more Morale or using Profession Boosts all come at a cost and are presented for when you are either impatient or need to accomplish something to meet a deadline. A good example might be the bi-monthly 2x Professions event when morale costs are reduced by 50% and Artisan XP is doubled. Perhaps you are at the end of the weeklong event and just need to complete one more task ... that is a good time to use the boosts or buy the morale. Otherwise patience usually is the path to follow for the long run.

Although the Professions quests begin by having you 'choose' a profession/skill the answer does not matter (it is more of a segue from pre-Mod 15 professions when the player alone controlled what profession they wanted). As, by now you have discovered, the Artisans that apply for jobs are totally random, and often repeating. Initially one just tries to get one of each skill type and then replace them with 'better' Artisans (cheaper, faster, better bonus) as time goes on. The color of the artisans means little as well, some 'Common' white artisans possess skills/stats that are better than blue/purple ones in the same skill type. Many of the blue/purple artisans are designed for more advanced parts of Professions such as MasterWorks which was recently gutted and left quite broken.

Focus on making items to sell to NPCs for gold (34s 14c) to pay for your production. Leather boots, Quartz Rings and other items are good candidates. Also, when you find a good artisan for a skill continue to use him and level them as high as you can (to 25). The XP applied to the other artisans with the same skill is based on the highest artisan in that skill (the XP/item will be higher that what is show in the tooltip when you claim a produced item). This is done to help get all your artisans 'caught up' with the level of the skill.

Gathering/Adventuring is the slowest. Always have an artisan gathering something. Make your own tools if you can to same some AD and you will need 2225 Beeswax +1 to level your workshop (get more deliver slots) so gathering Beehive Chips is a good approach.

The Professions vendor in PE also sells basic materials. It may be cheaper for you to buy materials from him and save the labor/time/morale and put your effort into the final production phase of an item. Do the math, Professions loves spreadsheets.

Level an artisan until you can use a new tool then change tools and continue leveling. High Focus artisans will yield +1 items sooner, but any artisan 10-15 levels above a item will be able to as well.

Have fun!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Figured it out, they have usage limits. That explains why they're auctioned.

Once all your professions are maxed out you no longer need them. That's why they get auctioned.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    I thought that Cryptic removed 2x xp from the double professions event
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

I thought that Cryptic removed 2x xp from the double professions event

Characters don't get XP from it. The Artisans do.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.