test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Epic Demogorgon from Trial List Until Fixed

never989never989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Since mod 22, I've played epic demogorgon 7 or 8 times. All ended in dismal failure for the group. The portals duplicate and players are overwhelmed by the large number of spawned enemies. One loses 30 min either whether one tries to play it and fails and by abandon instance. Take this trial offline until it matches abilities of the random player base.

Answers

• omega2764omega2764 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    For me its been consistently failing with players blockading even starting by refusing to enter the start circle. 19 out of 20 tries ended before it even started and the other one failed due to being overwhelmed.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I found one RTQ Demo really funny and telling. Everyone was just standing around and, from what little talk their was (a bit of an argument), it was clear that everyone was waiting for someone else to take the penalty, lol. I, jokingly, brought that fact up and was told, yeah, or until 15 mins passed and it could be abandoned. I volunteered to leave and left. I can only imagine the sigh of relief from everyone. XD
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • xyzisterxyzister Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Dropping by with my 2 cents.
    I basically can confirm, what the members beforehand said. Also feedback from my guild and many other players indicated this. Most of the time, people just sit the 15 minutes out or they immediately leave. There are some exceptions though. Yesterday I had a group (playing as DC Heal), that really played the mechanics and we completed it. Just...the run took a whoppin 50 minutes and the experienced supporters had a very hard time keeping this up. So, this trial lowers the completion rate of the RTQ a lot and many players are frustrated from what I heard.
    Greetings
    Sin
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    never989 said:

Since mod 22, I've played epic demogorgon 7 or 8 times. All ended in dismal failure for the group. The portals duplicate and players are overwhelmed by the large number of spawned enemies. One loses 30 min either whether one tries to play it and fails and by abandon instance. Take this trial offline until it matches abilities of the random player base.

I wonder what would happen if a couple of the dps 'killed' the portals to stop the large number of spawned enemies.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    maikl20 said:

never989 said:

I wonder what would happen if a couple of the dps 'killed' the portals to stop the large number of spawned enemies.
    portals spawn so fast if dps focus all the time on portals who will dps on demo tank and healer ?
    If it takes all 6 dps to kill the portals in phase 3 then you are doing something really, really wrong.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

maikl20 said:

never989 said:

portals spawn so fast if dps focus all the time on portals who will dps on demo tank and healer ?
    If it takes all 6 dps to kill the portals in phase 3 then you are doing something really, really wrong.
    Or you just dont have enough actual damage output from your 6 DPS toons in the trial.

That can be due to poor builds, poor game play or just the toon isnt geared up to do enough DPS.

I can more or less tell that if 2 or 3 dps are below 50k its going to fail, or at best take 45 minutes.

Phase 3 is a DPS check and withotu enough DPS you wont pass.
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    As far as random parties I have only been in 1 of more than 50 that have succeeded. Private queuing has a much much better success rate. find the right 10 with the right skills and itl demo is not that hard. Getting 10 who don't have 50l+ and lack the skills....utter failure and most common in random groups,
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    It is fairly easy to know if the run will be a fail or not. Just check the dps and if most of them are wearing non-optimal stuff such as the envenomed artifact/staff of flowers or VOS miniboss chest armor pieces, its going to be a brutal ride for sure.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I actually hoped this was going to be a thread asking for the mechanics of Demo stacks to be fixed that a solo tank can't survive a hit with 7+ stacks, but unfortunately not. I stopped running RTQ on my tank with randoms because I end up spending 5mins just trying to get the other tank to say *anything* (trying all channels, different languages, pms). I could solo it, but 1) I don't want to have to fight off the other silent tank who comes and takes aggro 2) if it's randoms it will likely fail anyway.

The trial was designed to need cooperation (some dps on portals, some on demo, tank swapping), and that's the reason you are failing. If you get a run that succeeds it's almost certainly because 1) a tank is solo'ing it and 2) a party of 5 people that know what they are doing queued for it.

The difference between demo and the other trials is it's harder. Tiamat used to need cooperation as well e.g. lining up at the different doors to indicate which gem, hopefully it and the others will get reworked to make them full again.

This isn't meant to come across as a "git gud" post, but these dungeons/trials shouldn't just be "let's get my rAD". You should need to worry about mechanics, best use of your class. what %s are important and scaling (I see lots of people running around with the new mod22 gear. Nice IL, but it doesn't mean you will do better in scaled content).

If these things are a problem then that's one of the things any decent guild will provide. Or even just asking in PE (there are a lot of nice people in this game, it's the only reason I still play).
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Unfortunately there are just too many related issues wrapped into RTQ and Demogorgon for an easy "fix". It is much more difficult than the other trials. That leads to many people forming a complete 10-person group before queueing - thus making it more difficult for pugs to every get into a trial. And people need to do RTQ because the game designers forced them to do that for RAD. The random bonus now is always tank - because tanking is a thankless role and few really want to do that. When queueing solo as healer for RTQ I find myself frequently pulled into busted demo runs - another huge problem. And as we all now know, queueing for RTQ with less than a full group simply means your group is a resource for those have queued directly for a specific trial - so you get sucked into demo far more frequently than you might like due to the farmers. Lastly, the chest rewards are generally just garbage for so much effort - a few gems, some seals, HAMSTER gear, and On Madness (woohoo - they finally fixed that).

And lastly I think it's long past time to rethink the composition (and number) of random queues generally. The difference in difficulty amount the various dungeons and trials gives credence to the idea that there should be more levels of queues than "basic" vs. "advanced". That might be one temporary improvement. Much better approach would be to examine the concepts of RAD generation, the goal of game designers and players with respect to random queues and how their effect on game play, game play rewards (because chest content has always been a major gripe), and perhaps what style of game play everyone actually wants.