test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Future of Perfect World without Cryptic Studios

blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
One the games PW is releasing in March looks pretty good. It is a side scrolling platform game made by Magic Design Studios and published by Perfect World. The videos below are the teaser followed by 15 minutes of actual game play.

As we all bid farewell to Perfect World publishing Cryptic Studios games, I look forward to buying this one for sure.

Just killing time...

Comments

• grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    wow thank you for the video link and the website address - this game does look interesting to me.

i wish they had released details for how much it will cost.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Greetings,

Perfect World Entertainment will continue to work with Cryptic studios and to publish their games.

Have a Nice Death will launch on March 8 via Steam early access, for a price of $15. We look forward to sharing more deadly details with you in the days to come, and we hope and you'll enjoy working for Death Incorporated!

Regards,
    Post edited by percemer on
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    thanks for the price details and further info. looks like a very cute macabre platform game!
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Well I am even more confused about the corporate sale. I was under the impression PWE no longer desired to be involved, other than the Embracer stocks they are getting out of the deal. I see in the news, Xbox bought up Blizzard for $68 billion with a B. That is ten times what Disney gave George for his lightsaber collection. I guess a scant few of my PSN titles will shift to XBO titles?? Only time will tell.

Good thing I am not a Call of Duty fan. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2022

Well I am even more confused about the corporate sale. I was under the impression PWE no longer desired to be involved, other than the Embracer stocks they are getting out of the deal. I see in the news, Xbox bought up Blizzard for $68 billion with a B. That is ten times what Disney gave George for his lightsaber collection. I guess a scant few of my PSN titles will shift to XBO titles?? Only time will tell.

Good thing I am not a Call of Duty fan. :trollface:

Embracer bought PWE which owns Cryptic and PW Publishing. They did not buy Cryptic directly. PW used to own PWE (actually, they still do until the transaction day). PW can always do business with PWE. At least, it is better in the short term until they find or create another publisher.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    (I actually meant to say Perfect World Entertainment, updated my post ;))
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    Ok that is what I thought, I was saying PW and I know I used PWE once, but thanks for the confirmation.

To my understanding, Embracer purchased Amsterdam and Redwood city PWE because they house ARC. Now I wonder, who will be doing the other two MMOs? There is PWI and Forsaken World or did they get left out of the purchase?? If you back out to the home section you can see them nested in here with the 3 running under Cryptic.

I don't play them, but I guess they could be of value, assuming any players are buying zen for those two games.

Just killing time...
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

As we all bid farewell to Perfect World publishing Cryptic Studios games, I look forward to buying this one for sure.

From what I read, Gearbox actually bought PerfectWorld, not just Cryptic.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

From what I read, Gearbox actually bought PerfectWorld, not just Cryptic.
    Embracer paid Perfect World cash and stocks for their game division. PWE (E=Entertainment) PW still works with PWP (P=Pictures) and is currently making several movies and TV shows. This year Jurassic World: Dominion with Amblin Entertainment will be their hit or miss at the movies. In the past, they made others bad movies, like Cats and Dolittle. They actually make better quality movies on their own home court, such as the Chinese film Shadow was an excellent movie. Embracer could not afford to buy ALL of Perfect World as they are a parent company worth billions. What is confusing to people is how PW names all their subsidiaries PW + "insert word here".

I don't understand Chinese, I have to watch all their TV dramas with subtitles on.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Well thank you for explaining it Captain Obvious! I bet you also tell everyone how the magician does their trick?! I once sawed a woman in half and she never told a soul how it was done or who did it. I can't tell you either, since I am officially still their lead suspect. :trollface:

I am thinking this will be released on multiple platforms, the video review is on XB1. I will most likely buy it for my PlayStation.

Just killing time...