test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Grapple No Longer Works in Dragonbone Vale

kingurz#9680 kingurz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
It worked fine yesterday, today it no longer works. Green "targets" line up fine, but says this ability is unusable right now. The "F" temporary ability circle is there, but there is no actual ability graphic in it. Cannot complete several of the quests in Dragonbone Vale without this temporary ability.

Bug report # 674,004.

EDIT: Not sure what changed, but the grapple ability is working again today.

Post edited by kingurz#9680 on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,240 Arc User
    It still works for me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I've had the same issue. It occurred after I had that bug where an item in your toolbelt that is in the same slot that a Mythic Dragon is in on in another loadout, goes on an invisible cooldown, preventing you from switching loadouts until you activate that item and wait for its cooldown to end.

At first (after I had succeeded to switch loadouts) Sniper Perk, the bonus of my equipped ring, was equipped in the grappling hook slot.
    After I changed loadouts the slot was empty, like in OPs screenshot.

Logging out / going to character select and back in solved it.

It seems to me this bug might be related to the problem where people got sent artifact modifications in their mail and had enchants equipped in their weapon modification slots in their stead.

Edit: I uploaded a screenshot: https://imgur.com/ol4HisK Apologies for the heavy f.lux blue-filter application.

• Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    It can happen because of switching loadouts as I reported yesterday.*
    if you switch back to the loadout from the one not currently working you will find the gapple works again
    leave dragonborn vale and go to strongholds or PE and then switch loadouts and return, it should fix it

Can no longer advance in Dragonbone Vale campaign. The grapple ability stopped working. It is required for multiple quests.

Ok I struck this, it is caused by switching loadouts and perhaps doing a queue as well and coming back to dbv and switching loadouts again. After doing that it caused the grapple icon above the belt to go blood red and aiming at a green grapple point gave an error of 'unable to use this power' or something to that effect. I fixed it by switching back to the loadout (the grapple worked on that in dbv) then by going to the strongholds and then switching loadouts and coming back to dbv.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits