test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lock Box vs Knox Box

sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
The knox box has a guaranteed rewards and the lock box doesn't have guaranteed rewards.
We want guaranteed rewards on lock boxes too so most people are very happy. like 75 keys for mythic mount and 40 keys for legendary mount and 25 keys for companion pack. The players will get what they want and do not depend on luck.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    But Cryptic depends on luck, it is what makes them money.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I think that if they did lock boxes like the knox box they would make a lot more money. based on my own experience I have never spent any zen on enchanted keys and the only reason I open lock boxes is because they give you a daily enchanted key with VIP. But with the knox box because it did have something I wanted I spent zen on it to make sure I got up to the 150 mark.

In terms of zen, for me it was equivalent to purchasing a 10.5K zen item (on sale 30%) which I believe was the purchase price of the mythic companion pack they had recently where the mythic companion you got was random. (did not purchase that)

In addition, this knox box event also got me to spend AD on a bunch of "Epic collar choice packs" which I never would have done had I not gotten 9 from the knox boxes.

Before the knox box event I had plenty of zen but nothing to spend it on and was not spending any AD in AH (Bazaar only and only when I have VIP).

In my opinion, if they added something like that to the lock boxes and advertised it as such I am sure they would see an uptick in enchanted key sales. you could easily do the top 3 items like that and cycle through it so that for every 150 lock boxes opened you are guaranteed to get those items at 50, 100 and 150 and then have it reset after another 150 boxes are opened.

For me I am pretty sure It would get me to spend zen on enchanted keys especially if I knew the lock box count and if the item coming up was something I wanted for my toon(s).
  • mordekai#7296 mordekai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I think making the chase items guaranteed on 75 keys would crash the economy on Mounts and Companions.
    And AD would be even harder to trade for Zen.

Of course, you wouldn't NEED much Zen, just enough to buy VIP.

Because, if lock boxes switch say... every two to three months, people wouldn't NEED to buy keys at all, ever. They would just need VIP and use the free ones to guarantee that they got everything in the box.
    The only reason to buy keys would be to get Trade Bars.

I don't disagree that some sort of "You've done so many now, you really should have had something good by now, so here is something good!" system would help, but it needs to be WAAAY higher than 75...
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    It's almost as though they need to have the lockboxes drop some sort of currency, as a means to keep track of how many boxes you've opened... /s

I think the better option would be to add the top three items in the box to the trade bar store at the end of its lifespan.
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    > @mordekai#7296 said:
    > I think making the chase items guaranteed on 75 keys would crash the economy on Mounts and Companions.
    > And AD would be even harder to trade for Zen.
    >
    > Of course, you wouldn't NEED much Zen, just enough to buy VIP.
    >
    > Because, if lock boxes switch say... every two to three months, people wouldn't NEED to buy keys at all, ever. They would just need VIP and use the free ones to guarantee that they got everything in the box.
    > The only reason to buy keys would be to get Trade Bars.
    >
    > I don't disagree that some sort of "You've done so many now, you really should have had something good by now, so here is something good!" system would help, but it needs to be WAAAY higher than 75...

If they bring new time gated lockbox every 20 days with guaranteed rewards most people will buy the keys to get rewards.

The lock box should dis appear after 20 days..