test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official: M22 Adventure Zone, Heroic Encounters, and Campaign Feedback

avathar#2753 avathar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 26 Cryptic Developer
Dragonbone Vale, the new adventure zone and campaign is now up on Preview. Please post all of your bugs and feedback relating the the Zone, its Heroic Encounters, Campaign, and the Scalerot Caverns instance.

Please visit Sergeant Knox in Protector's Enclave and accept the mission, 'Forging the Shield' to start your adventures in the Dragonbone Vale.

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Bug: Dragonsight location in the Quellwater Tarn appears to give an infinite amount of rewards (I've claimed it enough time to get 3 Dragon caches, 92 Dragon Jewels, and 7 Dragonbone Vale Alloys.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    Usual font color change commands seems to not work for me :(
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    arazith07 said:

You had a typo in your code. I fixed it. Carry on.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Antiquities Scholar echnage - Dungeon keys for Skeleton Keys.

Please add a slider!

I'd use colour, but I can never remember how to code it into my posts.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    10% contribution for HEs should be raised to 20%. Right now it's better to just run four faction quests in any area for the same amount of progression currency. I also don't think you'll be able to pick up 10 HEs while doing other stuff. Same quests in other campaigns require 1 + 3. Here it's 0 + 10, at least I haven't seen any majors.
  • Options

10% contribution for HEs should be raised to 20%. Right now it's better to just run four faction quests in any area for the same amount of progression currency. I also don't think you'll be able to pick up 10 HEs while doing other stuff. Same quests in other campaigns require 1 + 3. Here it's 0 + 10, at least I haven't seen any majors.

At the very least the last HE in the supply chain should count for more. The first HE is easily soloable, the 2nd/last one needs a few players.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

Bug: Dragonsight location in the Quellwater Tarn appears to give an infinite amount of rewards (I've claimed it enough time to get 3 Dragon caches, 92 Dragon Jewels, and 7 Dragonbone Vale Alloys.

This bug snuck into the build at the last minute, it should be fixed with the next preview build.
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Question:
    I finished the 2nd week of my campaign haul. Now I've unlocked the quest The Crown of Keldegonn (Party). Is this the new dungeon? It's not live on preview yet right? Or am I missing something in zone?
  • Options
    themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Bug: Ward consumation (sorry seem i cannot get the color to change)

Not sure if this has been address already or not . But for the refinement we are supposed to loose only 1 of the 3 items if is a fail. As it states in description it says: If the upgrade fails and this is chosen for loss, you will lose the ward instead. It never states that if it is a fail and not chosen we will lose the ward all the same. So when the upgrade fails we are losing 3 wards instead of one. Is that a Bug or a gambling choice?
    Post edited by themoore on
  • Options
    themoorethemoore Member Posts: 63 Arc User

Bug: SH overload Ward enchantments

The SH overload enchantments WARDS (triangles with points down) rank 1 and 2 cannot be slotted. However the Slayers can.

• Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

arazith07 said:

You had a typo in your code. I fixed it. Carry on.
    (Off topic a bit) I have often thought that the posting box should have a color drop down control...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    hi @avathar#2753

Come on, I'll try to be brief on this part with what little I've been able to test so far.

In general I liked a lot of things in the new area, in terms of the map, its paths, the hook that makes us feel what it would be like to be able to fly in neverwinter, I even liked the quests, although I found faction quests boring, I have to go doing the quests two by two doesn't really please me, it would be nice if the NPC would deliver every 5 repeatable quests as they give so few campaign rewards overall.

Unlike my great feedback on the refinement system thread, here I have a lot less to talk about, however these are things that really upset me deeply. And you see, it's not like I was being ungrateful for the work being done, but I was bummed to look at everything and think: It's not possible that they didn't have an idea in that regard.

So let's get to the points.

I'm going to assume that when making the faction system you initially had in mind to involve PvP with it, if you didn't then I have reason to be upset. Let's ignore that and assume that the changes that were said to be underway in the first half of the year aren't quite ready to wrap them up in a campaign. Still, this is no reason to abandon the opportunity to work with factions more dynamically.

My suggestions for the dragonbone vale faction system are:

-Give the player a faction to randomly represent according to the faction that has the fewest players at the moment for better balance. or let the player choose, but make the game calculate which faction is at the top of choice and inform the player that this faction already has many representatives, adding only 2 other choices to it.

-Cause that we are not able to do quests from factions other than our own.

-Adjust the faction progress bar to become a global bar. it can remain in the campaign UI or can be modified to the menu map information (M).

-Have the main quests identify our faction choice to reward us with the equivalent currency.

- Bring incentives for players to play more together. Adding advantages for these situations. for example. add a scoring system on the HE, via the (X) menu, to identify the scores of individual players in the first window of faction scores in the second, and any other necessary information. If it's easier to generate score score make a healer score page that calculates how much he healed plus other information that's fair to generate your score, a tank score page with mitigated damage received and other information that's together added to generate the tank score, as well as the dps score in another window, we would have 3 windows for individual scores and one with the faction score.
    This system will also be used for another suggestion below. Once the scoring system is done, make the meeting identify how many players from the same faction are participating in the HE to generate a final average calculation for the faction, that is, take the overall total score generated by the faction and divide it by the number of players who participated of the event, this way if you have 2 players from one faction and 20 from another they can still generate nearby scores. generate the final average result. add reward multipliers. example: let's say the average reward of the HE is 50X coins (I don't remember exactly how much). add a 50X+40% multiplier for the members of the first faction 50X+20% and 50X+10%.
    To add to this system, an HE upgrade system similar to the one in the DHE (Demoniac Heroic Encounter) would be perfect. in this way, encouraging the greatest grouping of players to generate better rewards, and if any players try and manage to do some HE by themselves, they will receive the best reward by the faction multiplier, because as they only have it, they will be the first place, in the However he will get the 40% bonus based on the minimum reward for being alone.

With all of this as the faction progression bar is global, it is in our interest to draw as many players as possible from different factions to increase the reward levels of the HEs and yet individually each player will want to do their best to make sure their faction has the best final result in the HE. Note that as the HE will already have a base reward, no one will lose out on the HEs, the score multiplier is just to create more incentives and make everything more dynamic.

That said, let's go to my favorite content that doesn't exist yet.

Supplies Rescue

That's an idea I had within the first 15 minutes of getting on the map, and I really refuse to imagine that you developers didn't think about it.

Well, the layout of the map is perfect and the adjustments for this to work may be minimal. It's an instantiated map where we're going to enter them through a special queue, this one can be in the default queue menu (K) but it would be much more interesting for the game if the button to enter this queue were on the campaign's own page near of the faction bars.

The Supplies Rescue, is a PvE Event where 15 players will be called for this content, 3 standard groups with 1 tank 1 healer and 3 DPS, with the particularity that each group would represent different factions, 3 groups 3 factions.

At the beginning, each group will start in one of the 3 corridors of the map, Top, Mid or Bot in a random way. In this content, everyone will be scaled to TIL X for better balance of results. The objective is to protect the chariot that will collect resources for your faction, the chariot will move without stopping, however the chariot loses speed with every damage it takes, and it takes a few seconds to get back to normal speed.
    The chariot has considerable aggro making it the tank's goal to protect its party members as well as the chariot. The chariot has a speed bonus in those small moments where there are no enemies nearby, so the faster the waves are cleared the longer the speed bonus time for the chariot. The chariot horse is frightened when 1 member of the party that protects it drops below 40% HP, and this slows it down for every player who drops below 40% HP in this condition. In this way, all members of the group have their role valued to influence the final result. You need route verification tests to create this content, if one route is longer than others, slightly increase the carriage's base movement so they make the route all the way to the end in the same time.

it thus follows from the beginning to the middle of the route where the chariot encounters the first amount of supplies left by warriors fleeing from imminent danger. At this point, as the chariot NPC climbs off the horse to charge the chariot, the party must defend it from massive sequences of e mobs. The NPC spends about 60 seconds charging, but this speed will also be affected by the same conditionals listed above, making the group's work crucial to the final charging time. After this step, the carriage goes from the middle to the end, the enemies keep appearing and giving work. When you reach the end near the purple area, there will be the final challenge, a bonfire to remove the debuffs and a boss (Define a good boss with mechanics for this challenge), and many, many supplies. the NPC will be carrying the carriage while the team fights the boss, the group that gets to the boss first will already be able to start the fight, this is very important because this boss is a BHE with the scoring system I mentioned above, and this score will be important for the award.
    Add high CC mechanics in BOSS, make the boss identify the 5 members of the same faction for a bonding skill that slows them down for a few seconds, make things similar to that (that apply to a whole group) recurring, that gives a chance of the other teams to recover a bit, that's because when hitting the boss there is a chance of dropping additional supplies, which can be collected and added to your chariot manually. AH it is very important that the carriages are customized with the faction's flags so as not to create confusion. Summarizing a dynamic fight with mechanics that must be targets across a group of the same faction, CC areas for everyone making it difficult to manually gather supplies. At some point the NPC of the chariot that arrived first will fill his chariot first. damage to the faction NPC the first place in the action load, then the second and third place which cannot necessarily fill the carriage, because after the boss dies there is no longer any way to get supplies as the whole lair collapses.

End result, for that once again we need to work with a base number, let's say the Supplies Redemption of a base reward for everyone equal to 50 faction coins. after that we're going to add the multipliers.

- Amount of supply collected by the NPC, let's say that on the way he collects 250 supplies and at the end inside the lair he gets another 750 filling the entire 1000 carriage limit. 1000 multiplier = 100% and the collection result was:
    first place in rescue - 1000 supplies
    second in rescue - 750 supplies
    third place in rescue - 500 supplies

partial award would be:
    partial first place: 50 base + 100% = 100 tokens
    partial second place: 50 base + 75% = 88 tokens
    partial third place: 50 base + 50% = 75 tokens

- Average score amount of your faction. multiplier per placement.
    first place + 40%
    second place + 20%
    third place + 10%
    The drip multiplier is added after the supply multiplier bonus. So the final prize would be:
    first place finish: 100 + 40% = 140 tokens
    second place finish: 88+ 20%= 106 tokens
    final third place: 75 + 10% = 83 tokens

The idea in these hypothetical calculations is to find a way to reward everyone with additional bonuses that encourage healthy competition without frustrating the third party as they also earn in proportion to their performance.

In this way, many different results can be generated. as a group that was faster on the route might not get as much boss score, or even a group that was quick on the boss might be unlucky enough to get caught up in CC mechanics giving other teams room to improve their score and their supply supply collection. manual way.

Understand that the numbers used here are for example only and calculations will be needed to make everything fair. understand how such content encourages gameplay in teams of all factions. The final Supplies Redemption chest can bring other rewards such as RP and Gold, among other campaign or refinement features that you deem pertinent.

I even thought about making things even more dynamic by adding own loots to the Supplies Rescue, it would be some special consumables that served to buff your team or debuff the enemy team. a token that makes an additional wave appear on the routes of the other factions, another token that makes the carriage immune to debuffs, things like that, however this would be more work, and if approached would have to modify a little the final reward calculations to give more value the route phase than the final boss.

Now comes my only concern, lack of players and obsolete content. a major flaw of the game in my opinion is that the contents are not interrelated, the new zone does not bring any connectivity to sharandar which will make sharandar become an even bigger desert than it is today, thinking along this path at some point to the Dragonbone Valley will go through the same in the future, as a new zone turns over and probably won't bring any calls that make players need to go back to Dragonbone Valley to farm something. at this point I worry about the latecomers and newcomers who will be on this map. Then I thought, actually, Supplies Rescue might be a solution to that part and not a problem. Because just the devs add some relevant item to be farmed in the Supply Rescue like the chance to drop GoP or ES that this problem is already partially solved. So, putting in the balance the innovative experience that such content can mean for the game, versus possible easy-to-solve problems, I don't see a reason not to make that happen.

Remembering that this game mode would not be the primary source of advancement in the campaign or faction. and my concern ends up being the same with or without this content, I always think that campaigns need a little interconnection and relevant repeatable content, dread ring has the ES farm, icewind has a simple overload farm, Vallenhas has the farm from insurgency to jumas bag, ravenloft could have a relevant farme if it had updated hunting prizes. things like that keep the life of the game going, and for dragonbone my long term content suggestion is revamping the faction system to global with the addition of Supply Rescue.

Thanks to everyone who read until the end, and leave your opinions on how to improve this content suggestion.

thank you all
    Post edited by alquimistgg#0914 on
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • Options
    polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

The "Guardians of Integrity" (I think that's the name) quest you get from Etrien has too many Corruption Emitters (again name I'm horrible about remembering these) to collect I feel like. I had the clear the enemies quest at the same time and I finished killing 24 enemies after only 4 of the Emitters. I also had to do a full loop and wait for more of them to respawn. I feel like it should be either 6 to be easier or 8 which is the amount of times you have to purify the Earth in the same area.
  • Options

Question:
    I finished the 2nd week of my campaign haul. Now I've unlocked the quest The Crown of Keldegonn (Party). Is this the new dungeon? It's not live on preview yet right? Or am I missing something in zone?

Crown of Keldegonn is the new trial.
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User

Is it intended that there are no teleportation stones on the new map? It would be nice to have at least one in the first camp.

• Options

Is it intended that there are no teleportation stones on the new map? It would be nice to have at least one in the first camp.

There is a teleport stone located in the Shield of the North Camp. It is located right near the gate where you first spawn into the zone.
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Ok I found it. You have to get pretty close to the portal stone for the object to spawn in compared to other objects like the sign post or the gate. So I probably missed it when I looked for it.

Edit: The image is with maximum settings for render distance and everything else in the video tab.
  • Options
    Feedback: Let the teleportation hub teleport you to the start even if you are already in Dragonbone Vale like you can in New Sharandar. The map is pretty big and it takes a while to ride all the way back to the central base.
  • Options
    jshetley#1170 jshetley Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    The quest "To New Heights" can not be completed right now. There is nothing where the yellow road takes you.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

Seems like this suggestion made it to live. Haven't noticed before so I'm a little late to say thanks. <3